Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there a wrong way to crossdress?

@SaraLin,
    My husband facilitated a CDing social group for a while (SO’s included). There was a CDer who showed up in a skimpy short dress and the bra on the outside of the dress. The others let it go for the “in” portion of the meeting but when they were ready to go clubbing, they “helped” by somehow trying to hide the bra (barely) inside the dress. I must say, everyone was very polite and diplomatic about rearranging the presentation!

This is really hard for me to answer because I don't really want to judge anyone for their choices. My goal has always been to enjoy my crossdressing and explore other areas which include crossdressing and make me very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Mary S View Post
    If you dress and apply make=up to go with the event/occasion then there is no wrong way. If you do not meet the expected event standards, then it is wrong.
    Sorry Leslie, but I totally disagree with you. And for the record my opinion and yours are both very valid. How one dresses is their own business and no one has any right to tell them not to dress that way. Because what happens is the person is being judged by that person on what they personally believe is wrong. What happens if someone told you that you should not even try to go out in public because of age, looks, size, smile, lack of smile, big ears or a big scar or mole or birthmark on your face? Who has the true right to judge? So, my view is based on letting everyone try to live their lives as they feel fit as long as it is legal. If we start setting minimum standards, what becomes too low or too high to fail? Who sets that level and why, and what about Jenny over there who tries her best but still does not make that level? Should she be forced to stay home because of others' opinions?

No, live and let live. We do not have to associate with those that we do not want to associate with. Easy - peasy.

If my dressing satisfies my inner desire to dress then I say no there is not a wrong way to CD. When I'm not satisfied with what I want to feel and be seen as then I must be doing something wrong. My problem is my desires can change in a heart beat.

[QUOTE - Ultimately I think what I've landed on is that as long as you're enjoying yourself, you really can't be doing it wrong..[/QUOTE]

hello Erin,
    I don't think I could put it better. And even if we fall short in the passing game - that is some one else's opinion.
    luv J

No there isn't. Be yourself, just because I might not be like you or dress how you do doesn't make either one of us wrong. Some things may be inappropriate. There was a discussion a while back about people not tucking and wearing skirts short enough to see their genitals, there are laws against public nudity.

No not in so many words but I think it is down to how one feels right and comfortable with what they are wearing, if there is a wrong way then I think it is in not dressing age appropriate otherwise there is no wrong way, is there?
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Teresa,
    You are getting there but you still have a long way to go. IMO

This doesn’t really pertain to me and shouldn’t apply to you ether.

I’m somewhere in the middle between TS and CD.

I’m only referring to going out in the RW. I don’t give a hoot what other TG people think. I’m only concerned with what my friends think. At this point I’m so far passed all of this it doesn’t even enter my mind anymore, I’m just living my life.

Allie, YES I agree

I framed my answer so that you all would understand. There is actually a wrong way, basically, if it is not making you happy you are not doing it right.

Oh and bra on the outside, can you say Madonna

Platinum Member
    Hi Erin , There are 2949 active members on this forum, So there are probably that many ways to dress here.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Orchid ..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean 103 View Post
    There is actually a wrong way, basically, if it is not making you happy you are not doing it right.
    Best answer yet.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean 103 View Post
    Oh and bra on the outside, can you say Madonna
    Yeah and she's not exactly in the first flush of youth

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Wearing your boobs on your back would be wrong.
    untitled.jpg

'Edwina Hitler' from the brilliant 'Bottom' TV series.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I see this thread getting out of hand eventually.

When I dress it is my goal to blend in the best I can. I am wearing either a nice dress or skirt and blouse outfit. I do believe / feel there is actually a wrong way to dress. I am 69 years old. I try to dress as a woman my age would dress. I do not wear slacks or pants of any kind when dressed en femme. I will not even attempt to dress as a teenager. Totally inappropriate except in a costume at a costume / halloween party. No micro mini skirts or dresses.

was doing some woman watching at a local Big Box store. Plenty of people but hardly any skirt wearers. If I am going to blend I guess I will have to put on some leggings or blue jeans, Around here it is almost like a uniform. Most females seem to wearing blue jeans when shopping. And sandals or "flip Flops". Think the next time I go female watching I will go to the area where I might go en Fem.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Wearing one's underwear on the outside would be wrong.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Wearing one's underwear on the outside would be wrong.
    Patience, I'll leave it up to you to tell Clark Kent that one

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte7 View Post
    Patience, I'll leave it up to you to tell Clark Kent that one
    Ah, but he's not crossdressing.

Linda Lee Danvers wears a skirt.

"Is there a wrong way to crossdress? "

But fun to dance with??

Banned Read only
    Jean,
    I referred to the GD issues as some tend to overlook the basic driving force in many of us .

For everday living I'm totally comfortable , it would be stupid to say I don't have doubts , questioning if I want or need more and debating if it would really make that much difference . It's a hell of a lot to go through just to change a label and I have now seen it in reality .

I agree the RW opinion is the one that affects us but I do listen to and read with interest what other TG people think .

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    "Is there a wrong way to crossdress? "

Swim fins don't jive with too many outfit choices.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Going down the road with your skirt caught up in the elastic at the top of your panties after a vist to the bathroom!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Always remember: If your nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down!

Aspiring Member
    I agree with those who state there is no wrong way to crossdress, if you are staying home.

The one thing that I didn't see in the conversation is how your presentation may impact those around you. While we are free to express ourselves however we wish, stopping short of indecent exposure, there is the concept of having good manners. My understanding of good manners is you don't do things to make those around you uncomfortable.

If you are like me and have a body type that makes it hard to pass as female, (I am over 6 feet tall with very large shoulders, hands and feet) than you should probably spend a lot of time and effort either trying to blend in, or limit your exposure to the outside world to where it is acceptable to look like a man in a dress.
    Last edited by Seana Summer; 12-18-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Yes, by trying to crossdress in mans clothes.