Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally did something I never thought I would do

Finally did something I never thought I would do

I had plan to go out last night for over a week. What I did not plan was for my usual makeup artist to be in Mexico that same week. I also didn't plan to have my two backup options unavailable. Desperate and not wanting to cancel plans on my friends I put on my big girl panties and went to Ulta. You might say, whats the difference from visiting your regular makeup artist? Well when I visit her I don't feel any pressure because its more of a private thing. Its always at her home, I can change from boy mode to girl mode comfortably, we always have lots of funny things to talk about and sometimes a glass wine as well.

Before going to Ulta I noticed that I did not own a single casual outfit. Most of the things I have are party dresses or going out outfits. All my footwear are heels. So I went and got a whole cute casual outfit which included a nice pair of Nike shoes. I knew I was going to get clocked regardless of anything but felt that going in a casual outfit rather than a sexy dress was going to be a better choice and far less clocking.

I just want to say that going to Ulta was one of the best choices I could have done. Everyone was welcoming and accepting. The receptionist was so excited to help me book my appointment she wanted to stay after her shift just to look at the results. I knew then that I was going to have a good time. And what a time I had. Alfredo was my stylist and we made me look sooooooo cute. I was super happy with the results that I can not wait to go back. If anyone is ever in Houston please visit the Ulta location on Kirby for all your beauty needs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes you certainly do look cute Morgan

Morgan, there has to be a first time. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    You should learn to do your own makeup. That's what most women do.
    Krisi

Great story, great results! Hugs, Michelle

I think this thread was posted yesterday also
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Great story, but I agree with Krisi, you should learn to do your own. Then you’ll be able to go out whenever you want and it’ll probably save you a ton of money as well.

Thank you Michelle you’re always positive and supportive. I appreciate you. We need to hang out soon. Do you have my contact info?

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Thank you Linda for letting me know. I accidentally posted two threads. One with pictures and one without. I’ve asked for the other thread to be deleted. Sorry for any confusion.

I can do basic makeup but I wanted to look extra cute for that night. So I went to a professional makeup artist. Because that’s what many women do. It would also be really helpful if some of yous would also went to a professional. Trust me honey. Also if you’re not paying my bills or are my accountant don’t worry about how much I spend. Watch me make it rain okuuurr!

Glad it worked out for you. As I've said many times, the cosmetics specialty stores will almost always welcome a paying customer, perhaps even enthusiastically so, as was your happy experience.
    So who is going to get your businesses for the January GNO?

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    Glad it worked out for you. As I've said many times, the cosmetics specialty stores will almost always welcome a paying customer, perhaps even enthusiastically so, as was your happy experience.
    So who is going to get your businesses for the January GNO?
    I can’t wait for the next GNO. I hope to see all the girls there. I went to Rivas on Saturday before getting my makeup done and it wasn’t the same without y’all. I love and miss every single one of y’all. Has an exact date been determined for the GNo?

Morgan, very nice. You are beautiful.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Morgan, very nice. You are beautiful.
    Thank you Jamie. You are very gorgeous as well.

Morgan,

Can I ask, what stopped you doing this before? Given that you seem to be out and about on a regular basis, how come you've seemingly not gone to a store before? I know many feel that they'll be in the public's gaze, folks will gather and stare and it's that which prevents them doing it. However as your post and recently two others have described, that couldn't be further from the truth.

Also they will provide guidance on how to apply their products hoping that will generate further ongoing sales.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan29 View Post
    I just want to say that going to Ulta was one of the best choices I could have done. Everyone was welcoming and accepting. The receptionist was so excited to help me book my appointment she wanted to stay after her shift just to look at the results. I knew then that I was going to have a good time. And what a time I had. Alfredo was my stylist and we made me look sooooooo cute. I was super happy with the results that I can not wait to go back. If anyone is ever in Houston please visit the Ulta location on Kirby for all your beauty needs.
    Yay! That's great. And you look amazing so they did a great job. I had to look up Ulta to see what it is, but I would definitely be shy of going somewhere like that. It's a great step forward to have that freedom now - I'm sure you'll go again. I love your outfits, both the casual and sparkly ones. You spend your money any way that makes you happy honey. That's what it's for

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    Morgan,

Can I ask, what stopped you doing this before? Given that you seem to be out and about on a regular basis, how come you've seemingly not gone to a store before? I know many feel that they'll be in the public's gaze, folks will gather and stare and it's that which prevents them doing it. However as your post and recently two others have described, that couldn't be further from the truth.

Also they will provide guidance on how to apply their products hoping that will generate further ongoing sales.
    I’ve gone to the store before in boy mode but never had the courage to get a makeover at the store. Also I’ve been kind of spoiled since I always go to makeup artist place which is very private and comfortable. I been very brave about going clothes shopping and other things but getting my makeup done in a very public place was a huge step and milestone for me. One of the reasons why my response was so aggressive to other cd sis response to “you should learn to do your own makeup.” They must of seem to forget lots of women get their makeup done in a professional setting and don’t always do their own makeup all the time. Also my experience might help someone find the courage to do the same or if they are visiting Houston they know a safe place to go get their makeup done.

Quote Originally Posted by Eemz View Post
    Yay! That's great. And you look amazing so they did a great job. I had to look up Ulta to see what it is, but I would definitely be shy of going somewhere like that. It's a great step forward to have that freedom now - I'm sure you'll go again. I love your outfits, both the casual and sparkly ones. You spend your money any way that makes you happy honey. That's what it's for
    Thank you Eemz! I appreciate you. If you’re ever in Houston just call me up and I’ll be happy to accompany you to Ulta.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    They did a great job Morgan.

That's awesome everyone at Ulta was zoo accepting, also you look beautiful with your makeover

You look really cute and stylish. Nothing like a professional makeover and the warm and confident feeling it brings.

Morgan, you look wonderful! They did a great job!
    One of these days when i have my big girl panties
    on, i would love to do it also.
    paula

Morgan, I totally agree with you that it's a special treat to have a makeover. I had my first one at Ulta as well back in the spring and also had a wonderful time. I admit that I don't remember all of the tips my MUA gave me, but I would go back again in a flash!

Of course, you look gorgeous in your dress and wrap.

Morgan, you look great. I have been to Ulta (and others) and have found them so helpful. Sure it’s nice to do it ourselves but watching others do our makeup is a learning experience itself.

Occasional CD Alexandra Collins's Avatar
    Morgan, you look great. I did this once at Sephora a few months ago with Kelly, and I was quite nervous, but they treated me very well.

I can't wait for our next GNO in January.

Lovely. They did a great job with your makeup and your dress is beautiful.
    Like a lady

I also have been to Ulta for both a facial and a makeover, while dressed. It was wonderful. Everyone was very accepting. The facial was done in a private area and the makeover was done in a public area ( I was given a choice). I will use their services again.

Awesome I’m happy for you!