Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Short sleeves and fuzzy arms

Silver Member
    Reduce it slowly over time. Buy an inexpensive hair shaver with attachments that allow for different heights of hail. Start with the longest and gradually shorter ones. People shouldn't notice the lessening, and they will probably not notice when you shave it all off; that reminds me .. mine need a shave.

Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    Buy a beard trimmer. There are a number of them on the market. I bought a Philips Norelco version from CVS that was inexpensive, and came with a number of attachments that allow you to trim at whatever length you feel acceptable. I reduced my arm hair to a length that is acceptable to me in either mode. My wife never noticed or commented.
    This is exactly what I do and my wife hasn't noticed either.

No leg hair, and the arms get Naire'd occasionally.

No one notices only the wife who comments about my hairy arms if I am slack.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yrs, but u won't like it!

I don't have fuzzy arms but I DO have old, battered, arms with terribly spotted and damaged skin!
    So, I wear arm covers I make myself by bleaching/dying white or pink girl's tites!
    P1310430 (539x640).jpg

The other alternative is short camis, sweaters, etc.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

After trimming my arm hair for about a year, I finally went and had them waxed. That really did the trick for me and there has been minimal regrowth. Nobody has noticed or said anything and its been several months since the waxing.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Kari I made the gay comment because some CDers worry about being called gay thats all not saying that you were gay.
    I'm gay myself and have many gay male friends and arm shaving is not something popular among them.
    I'm the odd ball out of my group of friends because I am the only one that is trans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Kari I made the gay comment because some CDers worry about being called gay
    Well I can say I’ve never been worried about being called gay even when out dressed but thanks for the explanation. I guess I never thought the two were related but then I’ve never considered the question in any depth either.

Some really great advice here as I've been debating weather to shave my arms as well

I hear you on Arm hair I hate it so much. Live in the northern hemisphere now and move to the Southern when it warms up there??
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

My neighbor asked why there was no hair on my legs a couple of years ago. The truth is, my leg hair is very sparse, but I told her that I shaved my legs to see if the hair would grow back thicker - and it didn't work. Not much on my arms either, but there are a few manly hairs that show up in the sun light. I trimmed them with a beard trimmer recently.

Arm and leg hair is a dilemma for most MtF CDs. Pick your method of making it go away.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari_A View Post
    Fuzzy = How to say arm hair and not sound gauche . So the thread about favorite cd season got me thinking about an unsolved summer quandry. Many, if not most, summer styles leave the arms fully or partially uncovered. When dressed in those styles it seems best to minimize that fuzzyness but shaving or trimming would be quite noticeable when dressed inevitably in men’s short sleeves. Some kind of cover up with long sleeves of very light fabric is the only solution I’ve come up with but that doesn’t go well with many outfits. Anyone have some other solutions?
    Well, crossdressers, like actual women, should be choosing their outfits to make their best presentation. Not only is arm hair a problem for many crossdressers, underarm hair is a problem with short or sleeveless tops and dresses. If you can't shave your arm hair or underarm hair, it's best to chose clothing that doesn't show this hair. That's my "solution".

In the warmer weather, many of us acquire a "farmer's tan" from wearing men's short sleeved shirts. This is another thing to consider when choosing women's tops or dresses.
    Krisi

I've kept clean pits for years, year round. Last summer, between work and dull razors that I'd forget about buying when out, I let it slide for awhile. One hot afternoon, I got the hint that I'd not done that. About the only thing you own outright, is your bod. If someone points out that you're shy a bit of body fur, counter with- "I wasn't for sale, the last time I checked. Did you buy me? If you did, I WANT a raise. (And weekends off)
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    ".

In the warmer weather, many of us acquire a "farmer's tan" from wearing men's short sleeved shirts. This is another thing to consider when choosing women's tops or dresses.
    I solved the farmer tan problem last summer by wearing a racer back tank top every time I mowed the lawn. Still have those tan lines. Shaved arms and pits year round.
    Joan58

Kari,

I would recommend, basically for your own sanity, start by trimming and work on reducing the hair over a period of time. That period may be shorter than you at first think as you realise no-one is taking much notice. I use a one of those ear and nose hair groomers and hold it a few mill away from my skin and gently move it along the arm, cutters parallel to the arm. Unless your hands are gorilla hairy it's unlikely anyone will notice if they go smooth.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Underarms are clean shaven for hygienic reasons. I thin out my arm hair with a trimmer and I'm pretty satisfied over all.

Well my solution is to not shave my arms or legs and not worry about it. But I grew up with a sister who was proud of not shaving her legs and my wife sometimes goes without shaving for a while in winter. No one's ever said anything about my hairy arms or legs in feminine clothes

I've managed to get away with shaving my legs, but arms or chest is a bridge to far for my wife. She describes having hair on the limbs as being masculine, by which she is inferring that full body shaving is effeminate. Being fully shaved is something I want to do but I would prefer to stay married more.
    My Flickr profile
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/142337725@N08/