Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Short sleeves and fuzzy arms

Short sleeves and fuzzy arms

Fuzzy = How to say arm hair and not sound gauche . So the thread about favorite cd season got me thinking about an unsolved summer quandry. Many, if not most, summer styles leave the arms fully or partially uncovered. When dressed in those styles it seems best to minimize that fuzzyness but shaving or trimming would be quite noticeable when dressed inevitably in men’s short sleeves. Some kind of cover up with long sleeves of very light fabric is the only solution I’ve come up with but that doesn’t go well with many outfits. Anyone have some other solutions?

I went hairless on arms, chest, back and legs almost 2 years ago. Nobody has said boo since then. My daughter only noticed my legs after 14 months.

So the solution is to shave, wax or epilate the arm hair off and not worry about it.

If you can't go with that suggestion then I say ignore it. That's what I did until I went hairless. Again, nobody said anything.

The solution is to shave them. I have on and off for about the last year and no one has noticed. I spend lots of time in short sleeves, between coaching tennis, playing golf, having two summers (my wife and I go to Australia from mid-January to mid-March), and going regularly to the local Y.

I also shave my legs and wear shorts a lot also. No one has noticed them either.

I do triathlons so if some one asks I will just tell them I shave both as part of my triathlon training (for one thing, if you are outdoors a lot, you are always putting on sunscreen and it's easier to apply sunscreeen with shaved arms and legs.

But again, no one has never asked so I presume they haven't noticed.

And if you are out (or at the gym), you will see other men have hairless arms and legs, so it's not that unusual.

Just go for it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have had mine shaved since 2006 and all my very manly outdoorsy friends have never said a word.
    Even when I had shorts on.
    Had a GF of one of them ask me wow do you shave your legs? I said yeah I hate to sweat and she said if it helps keep you dry then might as well.
    She always talks to me or comes and sits with me at events we go to so maybe shaved legs attract pretty women.
    Not my thing sadly I swing the other way LOLOL.

Buy a beard trimmer. There are a number of them on the market. I bought a Philips Norelco version from CVS that was inexpensive, and came with a number of attachments that allow you to trim at whatever length you feel acceptable. I reduced my arm hair to a length that is acceptable to me in either mode. My wife never noticed or commented.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Hell-o Kari,
    Same here...shaving! I did use a pumice stone to gently rub the fuzz off (I’m no inovator, ancient Eygyptians did it)
    It thins out the fuzz a bit, without leaving a noticeably trimmed length of hair. (Don’t rub too hard though, trust me!)

Nobody has ever asked why I shave my arms. If and when they do my answer will be “to remove the hair!”
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Thanks for all the replies! I guess I knew the only real answer would be shaving or trimming. Shaving I’d worry that even if no one said anything that they really did notice and were repressing curiosity. I’m very not out about any of this. Perhaps I could trim before summer so once the long sleeves are gone there isn’t the discontinuity of doing it when someone might notice it getting shorter.

in the summer I use clippers with 1/4 or 3/8 guard. That is what I did in my avatar photo. Sometimes in the winter I use Nair.
    CD Life

I find the hair on my arms grows pretty slowly compared to leg hair. It is thin and much less noticeable but I shave it occasionally.

@Kristyn: I love the answer: to remove the hair. Perfect!

Feel free to use it anytime Kari.
    Unless we’re standing next to each other and asked the question simultaneously. Then it’s MINE!
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I like my battery powered beard trimmer, set to about 3 or 5 millimetres.
    I also use it on my legs but without the plastic spacer
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by Linda E. Woodworth View Post
    not worry about it..
    Need I say more?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If no one knows you crossdress why would they think you do just because you shaved the hair off your arms?
    Sit and think about how silly that sounds, they have never seen you crossdress so why would they associate that you crossdress now?
    Do you look at a male friend and see he shaved his arms is that what you immediately think?
    If you are afraid they will think you are gay? Just remember gay men don't shave their arms so if you have hairy arms now you have arms that are akin to a gay man because most of them have hairy arms.
    You are worried over nothing just shave or trim them and be done with it.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 12-20-2018 at 01:43 AM.

AccuY
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    If no one knows you crossdress why would they think you do just because you shaved the hair off your arms?
    Sit and think about how silly that sounds, they have never seen you crossdress so why would they associate that you crossdress now?
    Do you look at a male friend and see he shaved his arms is that what you immediately think?
    If you are afraid they will think you are gay? Just remember gay men don't shave their arms so if you have hairy arms now you have arms that are akin to a gay man because most of them have hairy arms.
    You are worried over nothing just shave or trim them and be done with it.
    You’re right, that does sound silly. I suppose you could misread my previous post to imply such a concern but I simply meant that it’s a somewhat unusual thing to do in the general population not that someone would leap to such a radical conclusion.

Really not sure why consideration of potential homophobia made its way into this.

I started out shaving my hands. I remember when I I first went above the wrist, but only where might be seen from the end of shirt sleeve, I freaked a little, thinking I had gone too far. Now I always have shaved arms without any comment. Funnily enough on a hiking trip this summer some of the group asked if I shave my legs. I replied yes, without any qualification or excuse. In fact one chap tried to offer me the cycling one but I said I don't do it to any extent where that would be beneficial. They then asked about my chest, again yes, but that broadened the conversation to man scaping. Never mentioned my arms lol.

Threads similar to this come up fairly regularly, with similar answers.

Personally, I think that as a group we are way too much in our own heads about so-called “tells” that will out our crossdressing to our friends, family, and general community.

Hairless arms and legs generally don’t get noticed. Plenty of men naturally don’t have a lot of body hair, and plenty of men who have had their body hair removed are not crossdressers. Athletes (e.g cyclists and triathletes) shave their legs and sometimes arms. Bodybuilders shave their entire bodies, and some just do it for aesthetics.

Like other respondents here, I removed my body hair and no-one has noticed. In my case over 18 months ago.

Michelle

Oops, sorry, ONE person noticed; a friend at a yoga class.
    Last edited by biancabellelover; 12-20-2018 at 06:41 AM.

A smoothly shaved body is heaven to a feminized soul!
    Roxanne
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

In decreasing order of cost... Laser, EPL, epilator, razor.
    And yes. No one will notice.

My wife has an expressed liking for hairy arms and I have an expressed liking for being married, so I generally don't shave them. However, I am willing to shave (or Nair) my hands and use a regular old pair of scissors to trim down the wild hairs. And, although I'm pretty much all gray now, in my salad days when I had dark body hair I found that bleaching my arm and leg hair produced pleasing results.

Good luck, have fun! Hugs, Michelle

Im with April Rose on this one. Use a beard trimmer to keep arm hair at reasonable length. Every where else is pretty squeaky clean of body hair.

Reality Check
    Anyone who says no onw will notice if you shave your arms (or legs or whatever) is not thinking this through. Some of us have little hair on our arms and legs and shaving might go unnoticed. On the other hand, some of us naturally have very long and heavy hair on our arms and legs and it this is suddenly gone, friends and co-workers will probably notice. One size does not fit all.

I think the suggestion to use a men's groomer with the guides to "trim" the hair is a good one and that's what I do. If you want to, you can do this is stages over time so the hair slowly gets shorter. Of course, this is a commitment, you can't very well go back and forth from long to short and back again.

One caution if you shave - it's going to grow back and be noticeable, particularly on your hands. People will notice when you shake hands with them and that's hard to refuse.
    Krisi

I have kept my arms and legs shaved or waxed for years. No one has ever said anything, including members of my golf club. In this modern world it is no big thing.

I was totally afraid of the comments when I decided to come out to my wife 15 years ago.
    The first time she saw me dressed I made sure to shave EVERYTHING. I loved it so much I just couldn't bear to be hairy again, so when spring came and it was time for me to revert to my beloved shorts and short sleeves I was nearly panicked. I finally donned the baring bottoms and sleeveless shirts and said, WTF.
    I received exactly 2 comments. One from a coworker who told me she loved my legs and another from my M-I-L who asked why. I just said I never like being hairy and wanted to try it without and now liked it and was going to stay that way.
    Other close friends and co-workers never said a thing to my utter surprise.

I'm still smooth all over and can't imagine being any other way.
    Go for it, you might be surprised how few people say anything and how thick your skin can be.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    Kari,
    Take a look at other guys , do they all have fuzzy arms and hairy legs ? no they don't , and do they have a problem proving they are still men ? Nope !

I admit I hate my body hair so I shave most of it everyday , when I started did people notice ? No not really , I had to tell my wife I'd shaved my legs when I first started .

The one qusetion is if you are in the closet does it really matter ? Going out you really have no choice , it has to go .

The modern trend now is hairless men , Nivea advertise products for hairless chests , many taking part in sports shave their bodies . I get the sneaking feeling this trend will seriously catch on , I find body hair now totally repulsive , the added bonus is you don't sweat so much so you have less body odour .

Try doing one arm and see how much people notice , I think you will be suprised how little people look at you closely .
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-20-2018 at 02:34 PM.