Thread: Really don’t care anymore

Really don’t care anymore

This past few months I’ve been out dressed and find the butterflies are waning. This past week I’ve answered the door to two delivery guys in heels, skinny jeans, vest top etc. Nothing negative happened! What I’m getting at is I feel like I’ve passed the point of caring how the muggles feel. It’s so much better when you’re care free!

Peach,

It's good to read that you're finding getting out there ever less stressful. I think you've hit it on the head when you say not caring how the muggles feel proves to be a great liberator. That said, you still need to be aware that making the effort to present "reasonably" is still necessary. There's another thread running asking which is more important, presentation or confidence. Many have replied to the effect that they go hand in hand.

Here's hoping you go from strength to strength.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Peach, Starting out is so very stressful some even balk at doing it even having made their mind up but lost confidence at the last moment, statrting opening the door to trades people is a godd way to gain confidence and you are now on the road to going out firther, take things slowly, keep in your confidence zone and you will be fine.
    I wish you well
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

As our Confidence grows--we tend to realize that folks really are not paying any attn. Usually they are so engrossed in whats on their phones that they don't notice things. As long as wardrobe choices are venue-appropriate, and presentation is not "attn-seeking"--we can pass them by w/o incidents. Keep Blending. Toni G..
    "Seen by Many---Clocked by Any??"
    In the Snowbird Zone

My first time out 12+ years ago was really scary, lots of butterflies. Today while I love more than anything dressing up and heading out, but the butterflies have wained.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Good for you, 🍑!
    May your confidence continue to blossom. (See what I did there? 😜 )

I'm along way from not caring but good for you !!

You Go Girl. As they say own your space!!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Hell-o Peach,
    Being yourself? Such an amazing “carefree” feeling!
    I might not expect too much of a reaction from the delivery people, their just doin’ their job.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I wore a groove in the pavement outside the LGBT centre where the support group i was to attend that first time was being held.Here I am 17 years later.Leaving from home dressed and doing stuff I never imagined doing way back that first time.Your so right It is indeed a great feeling

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Aspiring Member
    Peach that's great - I'm probably at about the same stage as you and can relate to what you're saying. I'm now perfectly happy to answer the door to everyone and anyone, it really doesn't matter, does it? As for being outside, well, that doesn't matter either. Just, continue to get out there and have fun being you.

----- Added after Daisy's post below (possibly above, it's the one at #12, but on a mobile you may not see a number, anyway it's either above or below this one)

Yes, Daisy's absolutely right about the self outing with delivery drivers. One of the big steps forward for me was when the postman knocked as he needed a signature. I could have let him leave his card and then have to trawl into the sorting office in the town to collect whatever it was, or I could have opened the door dressed as I was. I just decided "what the heck" and opened the door. He gave me the gizmo, I left a squiggle, he gave me the package.
    Last edited by Charlotte7; 12-21-2018 at 04:34 AM.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peach13 View Post
    This past week I’ve answered the door to two delivery guys in heels, skinny jeans, vest top etc. Nothing negative happened!
    Delivery guys are the best way for the nervous to 'out themselves' without risk. Here in the UK if anything negative happened and you filed a complaint with the delivery company the driver would lose his job for sure. The basic training includes always presenting the company in a friendly way regardless of the attitude, behaviour, presentation or any provocation form the customer. The door stop driver is the public face of the compant that employs many more people behind the scenes. And then added to this there is the legal protections that prevent harrasment. I always answer the door in whatever I have on at the time and that is a skirt 90% of the time.

Reality Check
    Not caring any more is probably a good feeling but not all of us can get away with this. Being known as a crossdresser in my neighborhood or circle of friends would be very embarrassing for my wife. I would be uncomfortable with it as well.

We each have our own unique situations.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    Peach,
    I've had some fun moments with callers , some are OK with it and some drop and run ! On occasions I've called after them about the signature and had some interesting replies .

Now it's not a problem as I'm out all the time , my neighbours have all met me , interestingly I bumped into my postman yesterday so face to face he asked what I preferred to be called , he then added would I prefer Teresa ? I told him no problem Terri or Teresa would be fine .

I must admit I was caught out by my plumber who called unexpected to check a job out , it was the first time as Teresa I'd had a stranger in my home , it all worked out OK .

Daisy,
    I'm not sure how UK couriers are registered , I know many are self employed Eastern Europeans usually with a white Transit van , so I guess the companies they contract to must have some form of code of conduct . I've never discovered if the Royal Mail have a privacy clause that postal workers have to agree to .
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-21-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Good to hear. It is a great feeling, every step further bringing a new sense of achievement, confidence and completeness

I hope to reach this stage one day. But I never see it happening.

Great to see someone reach it though! Congrats.

I don't think it is caring, you are just growing accustomed to appearing female.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think you are just getting used to it nothing more.
    Its a good thing so not to worry.