This forum must be one of the leading self help forums for cross dressers. I say that for two reasons, I found it quickly on Google and there are lots of members and lots of posts. It really is a good active resource and since being a member here I have found it really useful. There are so many members here and many have been through exactly what I was going through so the help and advice is second to none.

It really is a good place. On here you find all sorts, from the happy to the downright sad. There's nothing worse than reading of another relationship that has broken down, maybe after many, many years, because the wife or partner has discovered, or even been told, 'the secret'. This can lead life changes that can be profound and permenant. But it's nice that we can be a shoulder to cry on, to be there to support whoever through whatever.

There are also the lurkers, those who come along here and read what we put up, they may be members who haven't logged in, they may be people who have discovered the forum and who sre thinking of signing up (my advice is do so with all speed), they may be people who have an interest in cross dressing, the people who do it and what we have to say.

They may even be the wives and partners of people who have just discovered that the man they married carries a secret, a burden even and who are looking for information about what being a cross dresser actually means and actually is. It's these people who concern me now. Because, I'm sure that it must happen, I'm sure that there will be people who read what we put up on this forum and who use it to make life changing decisions.

Depending on what they read, they may come to realise that living with a cross dresser isn't the worst thing in the world, it's just something that makes us who we are. However, they may read some threads and have all their worst fears confirmed, they may leave with the conclusion that we are sex perverted freaks of nature. And this could have life changing impacts on families, on husbands, wives, children.

The title of this thread is "Do we have a responsibilty to others?" and I think that we do. I think that, due to the reasons above, maybe could take time to consider what we post and possibly more importantly, in which sub forum we post it.

Yes, it takes all sorts to make the world and you certainly get all sorts on this forum. I'm no prude and wish everyone happiness and freedom to do as they choose, but I'd temper that with, please try to remember the public nature of this forum and if you wouldn't do whatever in public, then consider the effect that it may have on others, if you do it here.

Thanks
Charlotte.