Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where does MONEY fit into your CDing picture?

Aspiring Member
    With me money is not the issue. I work for a very open-minded organisation. I could turn up dressed if I wanted. The issue is that I have had significant achievements in my life that I am very proud of and it is these I want to be remembered for not as the guy in the dress. Plus we work in situations involving difficult negotiations and we are good at this. If you outwit the opposition and they are not nice people they might speculate on the nature of your underwear to retaliate and I owe it to my colleagues not to open this gateway.

I'm self employed and being a CD wouldn't be a good image with most of my clients.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    After a complimentary meeting in HR I would be able to be Carla at work. The girls at work look cute in the service provided uniforms.
    That's really not on my agenda at all. My career has evolved nicely over all these years because I excelled in a predominantly male environment.
    And the skillset keeps my career stress free as I final approach the retirement runway.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I retired December 18 2008, 10 years back!
    Aged 39 I had no plan other than the knowledge of who I am!

Sure I'm able to pull money out of my ass, yet don't!

We don't need money to present a beautiful soul!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

It's not so much about getting fired, as much as it is the stuff that happens in the background to you which you'll probably never know is related to people not liking CD/TG/TS people. When it's time for layoffs, they will find a way to get rid of you if they don't like you. I've seen people get promoted and then have their position eliminated just to get rid of them.
    In addition, there are other things that can happen to you just because you do something that offends some moron's idea of what his world should look like.
    It's not all about money, but it does have an impact when it does.
    That said, I've been in the closet forever. I grew up being tormented for being different when I was a child, and have no desire to go through that again as an adult.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I don't jepoardise my work commitments by showing what others would think an abnormality, but I do dress very regularly away from the work environment.

I would not want to lose my income through dressing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

As many others have stated here, being totally open about one's dressing could very well put you on thin ice. And don't think that you would have legal protection. There are hundreds of other ways that you can be removed that are not related to your personal life. A lot of this could depend on where you were as well. What flies high in a progressive big city would very likely crash & burn in small town Bible belt country.

In the end, I think it's a wise choice to be mindful and respectful of your employer, the clientele you may deal with and the workplace environment. If any of those would be thrown out of balance by your lifestyle choice then it's probably better left at home.

When I was looking for a job, I met with a sob search group. There was one gentleman there who one day boldly declared that "I ain't cuttin' my hair for nobody." He was obviously entitled to make that choice but if his appearance turned off a prospective employer... that's what happens when you roll the dice.

Lacy PJs

I live in a state that considers gender identity a protected class so no fear of losing a job.

Banned Read only
    Susan54 "The issue is that I have had significant achievements in my life that I am very proud of and it is these I want to be remembered for not as the guy in the dress." THANK YOU! I find that society has become very accepting of the young or celebrity trans experience, but any middle aged average person certainly risks flushing her career and personal accomplishments doen the drain to become the guy in the dress. I'm sad that I cant be who I really am but I have built a great life and career, and I'm not willing to pay the huge price involved.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Ive not gave a second thought to my CDing leading to me losing my job.The company I work for (ASDA) has an excellent record with diversity and inclusion.Obviously as a crossdresser I wouldnt imagine coming in for a shift an femme would fly.But if I was to transition,there wouldn't be an issue,indeed in my store there is a young trans man works for us.

Have another 20 years of work in front of me (groan) but afterwards I'll still dress as my wife is supportive

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I am retired. Three times, so money is not and never has been an issue. I can afford whatever I want, but spend little theses day on Alice. That may change soon as it is time for a major upgrade

I didn't start dressing until I retired. I hadn't given it any thought until I retired and had time on my hands as my wife was still working. Now that my wife has retired I dress less but seem to enjoy it more.
    One of my co-workers before I retired transitioned and kept her job so if I had wanted to come out it would have been okay.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!