Thread: So what does this say!

So what does this say!

As I sat in the nail shop waiting to have my French tips removed, I had so many comments and even questioned if they were real, so nice!
    Then unlike myself I spoke with the other women in the shop and told them that I was removing my nail polish and brows due to family coming for Christmas! They were Horrified to hear that yet respectful for what I choose to do!
    The smile then rose on their faces when asked if I would come back to have them redone soon, Of course I'll be back. Guess we're not the only ones with an open mind!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

That's hopefull. It reminds me a few years back when we went to a department store to buy me pantyhose and the lady working in there told my wife if I dragged her to the store to buy me pantyhose. We both laughed and while walking away she whispered to me "I hope you found what you are looking for and we have lots of new styles coming this week and not to be shy if she is there to ask her for help". I told her what gave her the idea the pantyhose are for me, she said shes been in the business for a long time and she just knows. I walked away lifting the bottom of my jeans exposing a large amount of black pantyhose and I looked back and she laughed and winked at me. I love people like that who just have an open mind. Thanks for the post it brought back that happy memorie.

Stacy,
    There is support out there, it just doesn't show that often.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It says Understanding and Respect

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    There was a woman in the salon last week when I got my Christmas pedi....this year I went with alternating red and green with gold glitter tips...anyhow, she looked at my toes and gave a very "disgusted" look. I gave her a big old smile.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    It says Understanding and Respect
    It does, indeed. It is always gratifying to hear stories wherein we are recognized and respected for who we are.

I gotta ask, though, Stacy. Removing your brows?

Silver Member
    People in retail know the value of expanding their market share and clientele, and are wise to open their minds to be accepting of CDs and other non binaries. Your money is just as green as any GG customer's . But it's better than that. In my experience, these fine ladies actually enjoy helping us find that special something. Maybe its that we are generally more grateful for their help or more willing to accept their expert opinions. Maybe its something else as well? In any case, I get welcomed warmly by every S.A. in the store, and it's not a case of wanting to get their sales numbers up, either.

So, I'm always hoping all of you can experience the same level of acceptance, and get comfortable with shopping in person for your femme outfits. It can be really joyful.