Thread: Crossdressing Documentaries

Banned Read only

Crossdressing Documentaries

Anyone here ever watched any, even ONE?

If not, maybe you feel that no Documentary could or would do this "thing we do" any justice?

Knowledge is Power.

Or is it?

Must have views as far as docos go, always interesting as so many different views are put forward.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The ones I’ve seen were more about transition and one in particular was call Life in Transistion. That one only touched on cross dressing as the beginning path to mtf. Four couples who from the beginning seemed to be headed for failed marriages. The few I have seen on cross dressing were more of the 10-15 minute segments that did show most of the participants as regular people who happened to crossdress.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I was featured in one and was not happy about the presentation. They always seem to go for the kinky, bizarre, and sensational aspects!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Documentaries have there place in educating people.

I was once asked if I was willing to take part I did agree to provide a little background for the researcher.
    I did not feel ready for full media exposure for various reasons.

The question is do you feel they will accurately reflect you.

Only those appearing in can really tell us that.

Having seen some of those I know take part I would say while they were not 100% happy with the outcome.

It did seem like an honest attempt to show the world who we are.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

We had a good one in the UK a few years ago called Forbidden Love: I married a crossdresser. It followed 4 married couples where the husband crossdressed and the wives were supportive.

But there's a lot more about those who want to transition. I suspect this means the public are more likely to be aware of this and wrongly assume that all crossdressers want to do this.

this is about one of our members :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS4SAyndOxo

its touching.....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    I've just watched the usual YouTube vids about crossdressers reviewing products, like breast forms and padded panties.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Banned Read only
    Wild...,
    In the UK we are getting a few screenings , the last one concerning TG issues in children and the presenter asking are we being fair to them .

Sometimes the research isn't well done , also I feel they misuse the labels , often transcibing transgender and transsexual . They must make sure the terms are correct because the productions are viewed by an audience mostly ignorant of the basic issues . The other problem is in the past the subjects have played up or been allowed to play up too much for the cameras . The problem many people have is not so much dealing with the issues but some " Hamming it up" making it appear OTT behaviour . I'm more of a believer now of caring what the public think as they are the ones I'm integrating with , I feel it's not acceptable to say," I don't give a **** what they think !" If everyone had that attitude society wouldn't be a very pleasant place .

I personally would like to see more TG members given more bread and butter jobs on TV or the media , I admit I have been surprised of the number of TG members in UK politics .

So far a I haven't met a professional person such as my local GP or dentist although my optician did tell me about a TS at another branch . I wonder if other members have come across this situation yet ?

Shelly ,
    That is the problem dealing with the power of the media , once the editing is done often there's no going back the whole message can change on the cutting room floor .
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-22-2018 at 03:17 PM.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I was featured in one and was not happy about the presentation. They always seem to go for the kinky, bizarre, and sensational aspects!
    I participated in a documentary and wasn’t happy on where the focus was as well. The documentary was supposed to be mainly focused on the Masquerade crossdressing social group and promoted as such, however it turned out that a member’s transitioning caught the interviewers attention and they took that for nearly the full ride of the documentary. The “den mother” had a few minutes talking about the group and crossdressing, while they edited the 15 questions posed to me to just a couple and a mere minute on the documentary. There was a couple other members who were willing to participate with different versions of crossdressing (a closeted dresser and a non binary dresser), however there was no interest from the interviewer to get their story when they were available to be interviewed a few days later.
    Anyhoo, here is the documentary https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SOaBUxvQZjw
    Here is updates since the documentary
    - wife left and kids had cut contact with Shandi (now contact is back)
    - Shandi was let go from her job after sharing the plans of transitioning
    - Shandi has gone thru completely with her transition and written a book
    - I shared my crossdressing with all family members and few friends
    - Mary doesn’t have the brick and mortar type of store, now just thru her house and online
    - Shandi and I rarely go to Masquerade meetings any more for different reasons, I prioritize getting sleep in preparation for early morning worktime more than attending the evening meeting (before I would sacrifice the sleep for the crossdressing time, however crossdressing is just not as important to me as it once was)
    - Masquerade isn’t as active as it once was, just producing the monthly meetings and not doing any other get togethers
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 12-22-2018 at 03:45 PM.

I’ve seen the “So I married a Crossdresser” U.K. doco and liked it.

The problem with appearing in any kind of Television show is that you’re unlikely to like the shows representation of you unless you control the content.

Media manipulation is common. There are countless stories about people who agreed to do interviews or be part of a doco, only to find that the finished show casts them in a totally different light. My advice to anyone considering being part of any doco is:

1: Caveat Emptor. You will be lied to about content to get your cooperation.
    2: You may regret your desire for 15 minutes of fame.
    3: There is no such thing as “off the record”. The microphone is never off.

Michelle

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    The problem with the media is that they are always looking for "the sensational", something that will sell. Many CD'ers lead quiet and unassuming lives which doesn't sell to a media that is constantly looking to dig up some new dirt. The circus freak shows moved to the TV a long time ago, and nobody knows what the next freak might be, but they keep looking.
    Any legitimate information/work being done about CD'ers will be found in the pages of some doctoral study, and most of that is never seen.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    One of the first and best ones i saw was Channel 4 Grayson Perry documentary Why Men Wear Frocks on channel 4,added bonus for me was my 5 seconds of fame cameo on it He came across as really genuine and interested in showing crossdressing in a good light

Sophie
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 12-23-2018 at 11:06 PM.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Avatar: not me (I wish!) racquelr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Was that the Karl Pilkington show, "The Moaning of Life", which was produced by Ricky Gervais? I saw that one. Since that show was geared towards comedy and Karl's crazy adventures, not surprising if they went for the bizarre/kinky aspects.
    Or were you also in a different documentary?

Reality Check
    Documentaries have there place in educating people.
    Documentaries on controversial subjects (like crossdressing) are more of a way to promote the maker's point of view.
    Krisi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by racquelr View Post
    Was that the Karl Pilkington show, "The Moaning of Life", which was produced by Ricky Gervais? I saw that one. Since that show was geared towards comedy and Karl's crazy adventures, not surprising if they went for the bizarre/kinky aspects.
    Or were you also in a different documentary?
    Raquel, I believe u r confusing serial TV programming with documentaries. I appeared on Karl's show as a character he interacted with while dressing and masking for his 1st and only time.

There was no mention of why or how I dress because the show is all about Karl. As opposed to documentaries where that's all they were concerned about discussing and showing!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    There have been a few documentaries shown over here that I remember. One was 'Four Hours In High Heels', mainly concerning the lives of CD rather then TS people, the awfully titled 'Transvestite Wives' about CDs and their partners, and one who's name escapes me about a CD 'finishing school' somewhere on the South coast (Brighton??). Can't find any of them on Youtube.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Silver Member
    "All Dressed Up And Nowhere To Go" is an excellent one. "Transvestite Wives" is also very good.

Aspiring Member
    I am not out so would not be involved anyway. The advice about being wary of the media is on the nail. The one documentary maker I would be less wary of is Grayson Perry. His documentaries never mock their subjects and the guy has not just talent but integrity. He has been known to defend people that the media usually mock, and tell the mockers why they are wrong. Respect (well, I might be slightly judgemental about his taste in dresses!).