Thread: Looking after your neighbours .

Banned Read only

Looking after your neighbours .

Well I'm facing my first Xmas alone as Teresa . Those who have followed my story may recall I took the step very quickly to inform my surrounding neighbours about my TG situation . The guy across the road is in full view of my coming and going and also of my TG friends . The lovely lady on my RH side chatted to me while her granddaughter talked to my dog . The couple in my LH side are more reclusive but have parts of their garden that overlooks mine so they have seen me in many outfits while gardening and sun bathing . None of them have given me any problems so I popped to the shops today and bought some gift bags , bunches of pale pink roses and some reasonable wine . In each of them I wrote out a Xmas card wishing them a happy Xmas and thanking them for being understanding neighbours and then stood the bag on their doorsteps while they were out shopping . Apart from the lady on my RH side she was in so I handed her the bag , she was very grateful but I replied I'm the one who is grateful .

I don't expect anything in return , I appreciate what they have done for me or to rephrase that what they haven't done for me meaning they could have made my life difficult . I don't think it's a huge price to pay to show how I feel .

Teresa, That is a wonderful thing you have done and it just shows how we all should be, not only this time of year but all year. I’m sure you made them smile which is something we all need more of.
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    Crissy,
    I hope so .

We read so many stories here where members fear or have a problems with neighbours , if all it takes is a few flowers and reasonable bottle of wine it has to be worth it .

Such a lovely thing!. I always feel deeply grateful to all the people I've found accepting my crossdressing. It's such a good thing you showed this gratitude with a gift. Really nice, Teresa!
    The best dress in my wardrobe? A happy smile!

My Christmas's started five years ago when my wife left me and I found myself on my own, gradually I got to know my neighbours (My ex didn't get on with them but I was determined to show them I am different) and thena about three Christmases ago I began to go round my hamlet with a bottle of red wine and a box of chocolates for each of them. these little gifts meant the giving by me a lot but also they inturn responded as best they could. A couple at the end of my lane are as poor as church mice and I think they must live of charity shops or clothes given to them but they are genuine people and very nice to know, so I try to do my best for all of them.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I should add that this integration by me also helped a lot when my dressing got to the level of being comfortable with vbeing seen.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,
    Thanks for that , I'm sure no one is offended by your kind gesture . The only small point is everyone is permitted to drink and we don't upset anyone who's struggling with a drink problem. I know we can't cover everyone's problems , it's tricky sometimes dealing with our own .

By the way I bet you paid far less for a decent bottle of red than I did , I hate to say it but I usually buy a very reasonable Chilean white from my local supermarket , I've never been let down , sometimes I let the wine down if I drink too much !!

Silver Member
    A truly wonderful gesture. How could anyone have an objection over a neighbor like you?

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Acts of love and kindness will always reap benefits. Your Christmas gifts will bring many rewards from your neighbours in the days to come. This is a wonderful way to break down barriers, and for them to see that a CD'er is just another person, just like them.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Another acceptance thread, nice to see you settling in Teresa.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Kudos Teresa, for being a sharing and caring neighbour.

Karen

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Really decent and friendly of you Teresa and I'm sure it was greatly appreciated by your neighbours.And of course along the way it helps for them to know there's nothing to worry about having a crossdresser as a neighbour

I hope you have a really nice Christmas

Sophie
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 12-23-2018 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Bad grammar
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Banned Read only
    UPDATE TO THREAD.

The guy opposite me was a little concerned why I gave them the gifts I explained that I appreciated good neighbours , later that day he slipped a card in my letter box. About an hour or so later the doorbell rang , it was the lovely lady from my RH side , she handed me a card with a houseplant , I told her she shouldn't have done that as it was me making the goodwill gesture to my neighbours , she replied saying that in the 17 years she has lived here it was the first time she'd received a Xmas card let alone a bunch of roses . Well two out of three neighbours have appreciated my goodwill gesture , you never know when you might need them . I did ask the guy opposite if he would be a key holder with my contact phone numbers just in case of an emergency , I feel it's the responsible thing to do if you live alone and he agreed .

Teresa,

I know your story, almost by heart and love it so. I absolutely adore the awareness and personal courage it took to do the right thing.
    You are a true neighbor (if I may say so myself). You individual act of kindness was spot on and you're to be congratulated for many reasons.

By your act you're an activist for all of us; for all 'men who want to be women', crossdressers, transgender women. This puts a quite positive and (dare I say) 'normal' face on such people. Yes by being a normal neighbor and doing generous normal acts of kindness you humanize us. One of my pet peeves with our CD community and all of the LGBT spectrum is our depictions in the public press and our PR. Too often "we" are still depicted as sex offenders, drag queens or otherwise disturbed individuals. There's times too that the LGBT community can be it's own worst enemy with outlandish displays & demonstrations for political purposes. Over-done. By reaching out to your neighbors like a neighbor you helped yourself AND others.

I think you'll find this helps your life among the neighbors too. At the least, they know who you are; no hiding. They know you don't "bite", either. I'm proud of you.
    Merry Christmas, and thanks for sharing your story.
    Last edited by char GG; 12-24-2018 at 12:13 PM. Reason: removed reference related to religion
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

its one thing to be accepted but quite something else when ones kindness is reciprocated. The couple at the end of my lane that are so very poor it almost makes one heart bleed! but when it comes to times like now the genuiness shines through, just a moment ago I took them a bottle of good red wine and a box of chocolates, they must have thought I would turn up sooner or later because when I left they had already prepared abg for me, home wine and some buscuits, its not the value of the gifts but the thought behind it.
    Over the last three years my dressing has bothered them not one iota they a good down to earth solid couple to have not only as neighbours but now friends as well.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thats a very nice thing to do.
    My neighbors and I get along just fine and when one needs help they know I will help no matter what it is.
    We don't exchange any gifts this time of year but when one is on vacation we watch their houses maybe mow a lawn just to keep things looking tidy.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Teresa
    It was a lovely gesture on your part and your kindness has been reciprocated which all makes for great neighbourliness; all power to your elbow.
    Seasons greetings.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Banned Read only
    Teresa, fine gestures of being a good neighbor. Good neighbors watch out for each other. It does not matter whether you're straight, gay. transgender somewhere on the spectrum, if you put yourself forward you should get some good feedback. Yes, there will always be some who are standoffish. That's their problem, not your problem. You have a Happy Christmas and Good New Year.

Banned Read only
    Ilene,
    The whole situation could have been so different when I first moved into my new home , I knew no one so had to make the effort to break the ice so a simple gesture especially near Xmas cost very little in monetary terms but paid back in so many ways , this is the point Bobbi makes many thanks for that .

I'd like everyone for your kind replies and wish you all a very Happy Christmas .