Thread: Frightening Situation While Housesitting...

Frightening Situation While Housesitting...

I was housesitting for a friend who is supportive of my dressing. I wanted to believe I had the courage to walk in the neighborhood dressed because I had done so before and because after six months of going out regularly once a week, I have learned to shoo those butterflies away fairly well.

A parking space opened in front of my house. As I was parked around the corner, I wanted to move my car closer and saw no problem doing so dressed, so out I went, confident but cautious.

I was about a half block away from the house when I saw a man. He was across the street on the next block, coming in my direction. He seemed to be carrying something and unaware of my presence. I kept going.

Suddenly, a similarly dressed man appeared from behind a car a little further back and started to dash in my direction. This startled me. I didn’t want to stick around to find out it there was a third man, so I turned around and headed back to the house. Instead of rushing in, I stood at my (thankfully somewhat secluded) porch and waited for the guys to go through before I entered the house. In the end they walked by side by side. The box contained what looked like paintbrushes. To my relief, they walked on.

I was so caught up in the moment that It was too late when I saw the neighbor pulling up in her driveway. I rushed back into the house but I guess she saw me, not that I care.

Then, I sort of fell to pieces for a bit, or maybe I should say that I had a strong emotional response, reliving the experience in my mind, imagining other possible outcomes. My hands trembled for a bit. I am better now.

So, how’s your day going?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

When we are out dressed in the early stages just about anything gives us a fright.

You think everyone is out to get you.

I hope the fear soon disappears.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Patience,

Being aware of your surroundings is good. As it turned out it was a false alarm but you did the right thing.

Some will use this as a reason why not to go out and it's easy to see why. The truth of the matter was however you were in a heightened state due to being a little unfamiliar with the surroundings. What was perceived as a threat wasn't.

This is why it's the advice of most who go out that there's safety in numbers. A busy shopping mall is safer than a dark street with you out alone. That's true regardless of whether enfemme or in drab.

I hope your nerves have settled down and this won't effect future sorties out and about.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It would have been the same if you had been in boy mode.
    Always best to be aware of what is going on around you.

You did the right thing. We're all a little more reactive when we're dressed, or we should be.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Just a little paranoia for ya.
    Lions walk with confidence, mice scurry.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    100's of people have seen Sherry and me out at vanilla and T friendly venues over the years. But, I NEVER go out dressed where neighbors can see me! If any of them know I dress? They also know I'm NOT open about it!

If u go out dressed where u live, u should expect to be outed!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    Just a little paranoia for ya.
    Lions walk with confidence, mice scurry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    When we are out dressed in the early stages just about anything gives us a fright.

You think everyone is out to get you.

I hope the fear soon disappears.
    Hey, just because you're paranoid, DOESN'T mean that they're NOT out to get you!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Reality Check
    Running and hiding when you see somebody is one of the surest ways to shout CROSSDRESSER! If you're going to go out in public, you have to act like you belong there. I'm not suggesting walking into a dangerous situation but a man walking down the street with a paint brush isn't really a dangerous situation. Even two men with paint brushes. Would a woman have turned around and hid?
    Krisi

Thank you all for your replies.

Maybe I should clarify that it seemed to me at the time that they might have been waiting for someone to ambush.

Women act and believe they belong everywhere they go....even the places where they happen to be attacked. Doesn’t mean it never happens. Common sense must dictate that wanting to escape a potentially dangerous situation is a common enough human response if one thinks about it. Both lions and mice have their predators, you know.

As a matter of interest, would all the folks who are discounting my experience react the same way if the incident happened to a GG friend, or their daughter or their wife? And if, perish the thought, That GG friend got mugged, raped or worse, would they then argue that the victim was at the wrong place at the wrong time and/or wearing the wrong clothes? Just curious.
    Last edited by Patience; 12-24-2018 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Added hypothetical question.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

There was no point in you continuing and you had nothing to prove. It was simple enough to avoid a situation that you read as dangerous. Even though you read it wrong, so what? You did the right thing.

I'm no bad ass in male mode, much less in female mode. I feel much more vulnerable, and that feeling is justifiable. Whether I'm read as trans or female, I'm more of a "prey" target than a male. I'd rather avoid a situation needlessly than charge on and regret it. You did the right thing, and next time it happens you should do the same.

I think you were right to react the way you did.
    It's a good thing that you are so aware of your surroundings.
    Imagine what might have happened if you had been engrossed in your phone, wearing ear plugs!