Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just cant get it right

Banned Read only
    Wild...,
    That's some statement ! OK the ones that found they got it wrong retreat back into the closet . Verbally or even physically abused because they thought no one will care and WTF what anyone thinks ! Sorry it don't work that way for some people they have the scars to prove it .

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    Repeat after me.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS DOING IT WRONG.

Regardless of how many here keep insisting that there is.

Many of them have never even left there homes but yet "know" what Joe Doe Public thinks and will say.

Nope, it does not work that way.
    As a courtesy to others, I'm quoting the post Teresa's responding to, as it is somewhat irritating to have to click back a page to fully understand her response.

I make no comment.
    Last edited by Patience; 12-24-2018 at 07:39 PM. Reason: You're welcome.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Wild...,
    That's some statement ! OK the ones that found they got it wrong retreat back into the closet . Verbally or even physically abused because they thought no one will care and WTF what anyone thinks ! Sorry it don't work that way for some people they have the scars to prove it .
    This is very true. If you haven't the confidence and bearing to deal with what you will face in the real world, best not to try. That said, what you are most likely to face is only a shadow of what your imagination is shouting about. As I've already said, there are boors out there who will laugh, tease and belittle. There are also amazing people who will come up to you, tell you how amazing and brave you are for venturing out, and ask for a hug. Both cases are rare. Most of the time, by far, nobody says or does anything out of the ordinary.

If the slim chance of an untoward comment would undo you, you should stay home. If you would prefer to reduce the chance of such an encounter, while still venturing out, do it right . In this case, that means dress appropriately for your age and the venue. That includes hair and makeup.

If you don't care what impression you make, or your aim is appear in public dressed as a schoolgirl, or a hooker, or Dorothy Gale, by all means do so. That's not wrong, per se. Just know that you will be inviting, wanted or not, additional attention, scrutiny, and reactions. The real world can be a challenging place to play out such fantasies.

Finally, I will say that while I won't call such play "wrong", I recognize that it often casts the community as a whole in a bad light, making it that much harder for those for who just want to be their real selves.

I've had some of my best experiences after being clocked (that is discovered while out dressed). It usually led to some really empowering conversations with GGs, and occasionally GMs.

I am usually out with a large group of other CDs, so hiding is almost impossible. There are always a couple dressed like a hooker, or a couple newbies who are still working on their look, so we all get clocked. Last time out, there was an older couple who appeared to be staring at us from a distance. I decided to have a conversation with them just as an advocate to let them know that we were just regular people, more or less. We ended up having a really nice conversation, and it turned out that they were really supporters.

However, I wouldn't taken such a risk if I was out alone. However, it this case, I knew that I could let out a scream and have 50 girls have my back, many out whom were former military.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Hi Carrie

I remember being clocked for the first time, on my first trip out. I'd been strolling around a local town for a few minutes and eventually went into a charity shop and had a quick browse. On the way out I saw someone following me and instinctively I turned and held the door open for them. It was a man a bit older then me. He said Thanks and then I saw his look change as he realised. It was only a fleeting glance as I turned and carried on but my immediate reaction as I walked on was a big grin

You'll get clocked but the trick is to see that as all part of the fun. I would add that being confident in your look is key so keep practising until you feel ready.

Rachel

I still remember and am remembered by the staff at our local Staples. I had no particular reason to go in but I just had to give it a go. I was in the store for 10 minutes before I got clocked by a fellow customer Isle with the stamp pads and ink. The staff knew who I was in drab and quickly pegged me by my voice. That day I was wearing grays , Gray long sleeved sweater over a red jersey, darker gray Felt skirt, gold ballerina flats. I was wishing I had a pair of gray heels. Blond Marilyn Monroe wig.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 12-25-2018 at 05:39 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Hell-o Carrie,
    I really know how you’re feeling. That can be a really tuff rut to get out of.
    The truth is the only thing that can get you back on tract is to go put on a f’ing dress!!!
    Seriously! it’s way too easy to say not today, why should I bother, it’s a big waste of time.
    Well...the feelings your experiencing now, the regret of not following through with your desires
    will continue. Again...you really need to indulge those feelings.
    Let’s set a goal. A due by date if you will? Your next dressing experience shall happen on, or
    before Januaruy 25 2019. (I’d give you 60 days, but you’re already way behind in your payments!)
    As far as going out? I do, but I will also dress and stay at home when I can. Practice runs if you will?
    When the time is right you’ll find yourself out and about
    Merry Christmas.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

thank you for all the advice received today. This forum is great because you get posts from all different sides. I think that I have to reintroduce my male side to my female side Pull out the make up and try different things to improve how I see myself In the back of my mind i don't mind getting clocked but wonder about what can happen after that, the USA and the people are filled with people who are different unkind and will try to get back at people they don't understand or are different from the way they see people. Sometimes I think that It can be very dangerous if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think about things I can do if I run into a problem with someone but I don't like thinking that way. The female side of me is always playing mind games and what if this happens or it comes to a point that I have to do something to save me from trouble. Some people just can't mind their own business and let other people enjoy themselves. As time goes on more posts to let the forum know how things work out.

bye for now Carrie
    My story is the song "Reflection" by Jackie Evancho

Silver Member
    Carrie, I looked back at your first posts. Then, you seemed to have confidence to be out and had good support from your wife. Is she still supportive? None of we older ladies will ever have the woman's looks that our younger sisters can have. Wrinkles are too many. Do as others have said above and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by carrie2014 View Post
    hi to all Happy holidays it has been just about four years that i really started crossdressing and still find it hard to go out I look in the mirror and still see the male me looking back. Do a lot of you girls dress and never leave the house and are happy with how things are working out or are you afraid to go out like me and have someone clock you. lucky for me i did not get rid of all my stuff. Clothes in the closet and make up in the bathroom. I have not dressed in 6 months and I keep buying makeup and clothes to help make me feel better.
    hope that things with change after the new year starts. I love to dress but something tells me every time not today. Hope all of you have a great 2019 and that something brings me back to my girl side in my brain.

Bye for now Carrie
    I relate completely, Carrie,

I would love to wear my feminine clothing openly in public, but I know I would look like a guy due to my physique ... and the way I walk in heels. I do wear feminine things hidden underneath and satin tops on long rides, but I quickly change before reaching my destination.

However, I work from home, so I can dress privately at home quite often. My neighbors occasionally catch a glimpse and my daughter once saw my pantyhose in the trunk of my car, but I try to stay out of site.
    Veronica

Love who you are! You are uniquely you!!