Thread: Pronoun trouble?

Pronoun trouble?

Our son came over today and the three of us headed to the movies. (he 'knows' and is fine with everything, often sees me in some sort of un-made-up casual fem mode of dress). We drove over to the movie house, me TOTALLY NOT in any fem clothing, not even underdressing, laughed the whole way about this or that, and herself and I feeling cutesy/romantic with each other (sickening our son in the process). As we handed our movie tickets over and the taker produced a receipt, my wife motioned to me and said 'you can hand it to that beautiful … man.' She stumbled. Just a bit. No one would notice in the least … but she stumbled. Her natural inclination at that moment would've been to say 'woman'.

Later on, I picked up my mom for dinner. She DOESN'T know and I see no point in troubling a woman well into her 80's about it. I don't remember the exact context, but my wife said to my mother 'don't worry, … he'll get it.' as I was about to retrieve a thing, probably gift bags or whatever. But I heard it again. A slight stumble over "he" where I sense she was about to naturally say 'she'.

Curiouser and curiouser. Down the rabbit hole we go!

I think at that age it is called imprinting. :-)

I do it with chickens all the time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Funny you should mention, my chickens are more or less imprinted to me, but I have one in particular that will sit outside my open window just to listen to me talk. Lol

Macey,

I can think of worse problems to have! You have an SO to cherish.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Chickens are funny creatures.
    I have a friend with chickens and one is just crazy about me and will hang with me the whole time around the coups.
    Begs to be picked up too which is kind of odd.

Tracii, You should at least get the eggs from that chicken.
    Crissy

Helen, oh I see no problem

Tracii and Crissy … trust me, I could tell endless stories about my chickens. Chicken people are a little ridiculous!

Macey, Ok then, the age old question, what came first?
    Crissy

At least one of my cats is imprinted on me. Lil cow still hasn't laid any eggs though.

Crissy, for us it was chickens first we heard reports that two days earlier they had been eggs, but we can't prove that!

Hell-o Macey,

Herself’s pause, however brief it may be, is a wonderful gesture.
    It appears Herself has caught herself nearly slipping up, but I wonder???
    Is she looking for your reaction as she pauses? Is she playfully acting as “Whoops! I almost did it again!”
    Or is it that she’s checking to see if you’re willing to let the cat outa the bag with whomever she’s speaking to?

We had multiple chickens for years, the raccoons had them one at a time.
    The silly critters shoulda gotten out of town while the gettin’ was good!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn

And Crissy, I’m going with this...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hell on Heels; 12-26-2018 at 06:23 PM.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Kristyn, honestly, I think she legitimately slipped and caught herself. She hadn't even been looking in my direction, nor offered a wink and a nod at me before or after the fact, and I winder if she even hoped that *I* hadn't noticed the near slip

The avvy pic isn't me
    Hmmm, sounds much more like pronoun fun as opposed to pronoun trouble, and I love it, thanx for sharing Macey.

In my local community i'm out to several folks, and my bestie's (female) granddaughter, calls me Aunty Mike. Some of the gang (male and female) will tease me and tell me i'm looking 'butch' today, if i'm presenting on the guy side of androgynous.

Cass