Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: driving dressed

driving dressed

Got up early this morning and decided to go for a drive. After shaving put on light makeup and wig. I then decided to go all out with forms and hip and butt pads. Put on white blouse with a black skirt,rings ,earings,bracelet,and 4inch heels. As I was driving to McDonalds I noticed I seemed to be looking in the mirror as much as I was the road. Just wondering if this happens to anyone else?

Well, I always find that i cant help looking in the mirror more than usual!
    Mostly when at traffic lights. There is something about it.
    Did you stop at mcdonalds?

Yes there is a temptation to keep looking in the mirror but it's one of those things that needs to be overcome. Eyes on the road and drive safe. So many worry about being pulled over by the police while dressed. Explaining how you managed to hit someone will be far worse. Dressing isn't a crime, Driving without due care and attention is.

Not that I hit someone but once while driving I was so engrossed in admiring my glue on nails I very nearly stuck the car in a ditch. Sorta' teaches you to focus on the job in hand.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I must admit Helen that i used to really worry about being pulled over by the police, now i dont care.
    Will happily show my male driving licence that i produce from my handbag!

I live in an area where being pulled over while dressed is still a fear. I still occasionally drive dressed from the waist down.

Quote Originally Posted by KymG View Post
    Well, I always find that i cant help looking in the mirror more than usual!
    Mostly when at traffic lights. There is something about it.
    Did you stop at mcdonalds?

If going through the drive through counts then yes.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Good advice Helen but very hard to do sometimes.

I just pay more attention to the road rules, I don't need unwanted attention.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hell-o PG,
    I assume you’re looking in the mirror to see yourself, not those pretty red and blue lights behind you?
    If so, yes..I’m guilty. I do try to angle the mirror to a vantage point where both myself, and those pretty lights are visible.
    BTW, your outfit, minus lower padding and heels, sounds a bit like mine today.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Wink Wondering?

I posted yesterday about getting fully dressed and going through McDonalds drive through. What I forgot to mention when I picked up my order the lady in window said have a nice day Hon. I am curious, does this qualify as a maam?

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    I would say so. Isn't it nice to be addressed as such. What does you wife think about think whole episode? Sounds like you both had fun.

I would definitely say so! Self-doubt just slows us all down.

If you think something is meant positively, it almost certainly is!

Cami

Not really, Hon means honey and can be an endearing comment to a man by a woman.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    I don't find myself looking in the mirror when driving dressed. If anything, I pay more attention to my driving than if I'm dressed as a male.
    Krisi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I got over all concerns about driving dressed years ago. Once I get away without the neighbors seeing me, I don't even think about being dressed when I drive now!

However, I have tips for new dress and drivers:

Foundation gear changes my posture and requires that I readjust all my mirrors.

Your heel height is irrelevant when u drive. You'll soon get used to driving in them. But, NEVER drive in platforms!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Liz
    Driving while dressed is one of my favourite activities to do and yes I seem to be looking at myself in the mirror more than usual

I have been pulled over multiple times for ride checks especially this time of year and have always been treated well and no issues

The one thing I notice the most when I drive dressed is that I drive far more carefully and don't speed!

Ah yes driving dressed what a great pastime kinda my go too for getting ‘out’
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Reality Check
    If the rear view mirror is properly adjusted for driving, you won't see yourself in it.
    Krisi

I rolled up on a random police checkpoint once also. Luckily, I was waved straight through.

I try to be very careful when driving. Of course there are things beyond your control; but why push the envelope. I don't speed and I don't go excessively slow. If I do go out to eat I limit myself to one drink.

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaJessica View Post
    The one thing I notice the most when I drive dressed is that I drive far more carefully and don't speed!
    I noticed I do the same. And sometimes when I am not dressed, but having thoughts about dressing and how good it feels, I notice my driving posture changes to be more effiminate, i.e legs closer together, hands at the bottom of the wheel, etc.

I find I drive more carefully when dressed but can't help looking at my false nails on the steering wheel.
    Everything you always wanted is on the other side of fear.George Addair.

Lana Mae drives better than my male self probably because it is the female me! LOL No, road safety is my first concern! My OB/GYN/Endo is almost two hours away and it is a nice dressed road trip! I have my "pit stop" at a convenience store with single stall bathrooms! Yes, I use the women's!!! Just be safe out there ladies! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Seems that the more MtF crossdressers that get behind the wheel, our roadways will become increasingly safer. (I too drive more aware/defensively when dressed.)

Alas, at least around here, the young GG's are the absolute worst/unsafe/fastest drivers! Any suggestions (beyond flaming me for my opine)? L

Gee Lydia, should I text you what I think?(while driving)

My first time driving dressed had my imagination going because I was being followed by a pick up truck (back roads)! Now I've driven en femme enough times that it isn't scary or anything. It is more fun than driving drab though.

This last summer I was driving through a seedy section of town on a Friday night. At the stoplight a woman came right up to my car window and asked me for a quarter. Happened to have one handy, so I gave it to her!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder