Thread: Weird feeling ...

Weird feeling ...

When at home, I am usually in some state of casual femme dress, usually no make-up, just relaxing at home.

Saturdays, I like to get really dolled up, for myself and for when my wife gets home from work. But today, my brother will be in town visiting our mom, and I have this weird feeling he may pop by unannounced.

Will be good to see him, but he's that last person I'd be 'open' to

Oh well, if he does pop by, he'll likely be gone long before herself gets home. I'll have a chance to at least get properly dressed and toss on some light make-up, but probably not 'the whole nine yards'.

Pesky holiday season. Can't wait 'til it's over!

No point here, just venting

The point is understood and in progress here too. Haven't dressed since early in December, but I have been in a feminine mindset the whole time ( or trying to resolve conflict up there ). My parents: traditional, religious, anti-LGBT. When visiting them, that all has to be switched off.

Hours are being counted down .

But your situation is kind of like expecting maintenance "within a couple of days". You can't do anything during business hours indefinitely until it happens .

Tell us whether your brother showed up. If you choose not to dress, he won't. If you choose to dress, he will .

- Lydianne.

"If you choose not to dress, he won't … "

Oh, you understand how the universe works quite well! Lol I possess just enough measure of Irish fatalism where I can actually harness the power of negative thinking (tongue in cheek). The attitude in certain situations of "This will never work out right" becomes either a validation (it didn't work out) or a pleasant surprise (huh … can't believe that worked!)

Makes it harder for the universe to have one of those "Hold me beer … " moments when it is determined to thwart your efforts!

If you're looking forward to something and time is progressing too slowly ( vacation, buying a new dress,.. ), organise something you're not looking forward to immediately afterwards whose time always seems to come around too quick ( repainting the skirting boards, removing leaves from the gutter,.. ).

Play off sod's law against itself. Something has to give .

Now, if you really want to stare down destiny, you organise an event to warp time, and then you don't do it .

- Lydianne.

Oh wow, this can quickly evolve (devolve?) into a thread on 'how to manipulate the universe's attempts to screw you'. This should be a class in the practical living category in high school, like Home Ec, or Driver's Ed

Lydianne, you're alright by me

You gals are masters of Jedi mind tricks.

Yes. along with Admiral Ackbar sensibilities. "It's a trap!!!"

Brothers are the hardest to come out to. At least that's the way it is with me. The pop in unexpected will eventually happen - unexpected! That's why I'm apprehensive about wearing makeup at home. I can fast change most clothing, but makeup takes to long to remove.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Sounds like you're either developing, or have perfected "woman's intuition" Macey.

Karen

Macey, you should just call him, and invite him over for a visit. Or meet somewhere. Tell him it has to be early because you have things to do. You wouldn't be lying, that's for sure
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

Macey, I wouldn't want my brother to know either, so I get why you are not dressing.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

We all talk about the Irish, but what about Murphy's Law?

It's bound to happen sometime. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi everyone. Angela here. New to the forum today.

Macey, Beverley is correct about Murphy’s law kicking in. Hmmm, maybe we should ask a real Irish person, Eemz.

Hi Angela!
    Crissy

The holidays can be a wonderful time with family and friends. However, it is also a time when many of us have to carefully plan when we can enjoy presenting as women while not outing ourselves to family and friends.
    Hugs, Carole

The holidays and the world's slowest renovation project (contractors coming and going at all kinds of weird times) have kept me from dressing in anything more than miad mode in the evening for way too long. I can't wait until both are over.

you look cute Elizabeth

Brother didn't show, about three o'clock, and after some texts from my wife indicating she was having a stressful time at work, I went ahead and got myself 'properly' dressed and dinner started so she could come home to a pretty wife and a home cooked meal. She and I are now relaxing and decompressing from the day