Thread: A look back at the year

A look back at the year

So we’re coming to the end of another year and I was prompted to look back and see just how my previous CD’ing 12 months had unfolded. It was not only what I’d done but more had I moved forward in my journey. Although my opportunities to get out and about are limited when it’s been possible I’m now very comfortable in going about my daily business. Certainly the help and support found here is continuing to aid my progression. This drew me to consider just what effect this support has had on others and just how that’s manifested, plus did that depend to an extent upon just how long someone had been on the forum, newer members gaining the most?

I’ve opted to break members down into three groups. Those here less than a year, from one to five years, and those more than five years.

I thought I’d ask a couple of fairly basic questions and see what responses came back. So, after indicating your length of time here;

Q1. What’s been the highlight of your year CD’ing wise of course?

Q2. Has this site influenced your CD’ing, empowering you to achieve greater things, to fulfil your goals?

Being that it’s only fair for me to go first:

I’m five years plus.

For me the highlight was while out at the cinema. I’d watched the film, (Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald), and was making my way outside to the car. I suddenly just felt utterly at ease. I ceased being a CD’er, I was me. I hadn’t a care in the world. I’d put the male me to one side. This was a Luke Skywalker moment, my time to let go and feel the force. I’m really struggling to put it into words but I was suddenly aware of the moment I was in, a Zen experience. At one with whom I am.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’d been out and about all day every day for five days and feeling confident in my presentation, owning my space, able to comfortably go about my business and interact with the muggles. This however was something different. I only hope I can experience it again and for an extended period.

So to question 2, does this forum continue to help me? Yes in that reading about the confidence that others have gained spurs me on to be the best ambassador for our community I can be. To use another film reference, “To boldly go”. Not only do I seek to do the mundane, everyday things that we all do in drab to make my time enfemme as normal, as close to the everyday as I can, but in doing so also to come into contact with muggles and to demonstrate that we’re just decent, polite folks going about our business as they go about theirs. I’d like to think I’ve succeeded if only based upon the number of times folks have engaged with me in conversation. It’s been on a person to person basis, not day SA to customer. Folks standing in a queue strike up a conversation and that makes me believe I’m getting something right.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I've been on the site for 10+ years.
    I really didn't have a defining highlight this year as last year was my big aha year in being comfortable with myself. This was more or less a continuation year.
    As far as this forum, it has been a big help. After reading about others experiences (both good and bad), it gave me the courage to go out and be open. It also helped to show me that I was not the only one and there is no one right path or destination. I also got to meet a few members from this site and I made a few friendships along the way.

It's been 3 years since I came to this website.
    This last year in cding I would say that I stopped being a cd and jump the wall to the transexual section. Being on HRT for 8 months produces deep changes. Now dressing is part of my life but not as an end or purpose. The same change my way to see this web now and more than post pictures to show me as a male in his female version and be accepted I want to show how hormones work and help others to look their right path.

If this web was important, it was. I'd said that there's so much wisdom here and being on the other side let me see people with other perspective.
    Just talking with a good friend from here, I told her that in this side there are lot of fake people and liars. How I do know? Because I was one of them but at the same time, there are a lot of dreamers, real trans trapped in the circumstances.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

I have been here well over 5 years. This has not been a highlight year for me, but one fact has emerged. That is that my wife is far more acceptong and I can wear a bra and forms almost 7/24. Only taking them off when I go out or at least cover up with a jacket or sweatshirt. Thgis site is always an inspiration and provides courage to be myself

My highlights this year, totall forgetting about my male side more and more and influence on this site, trying to help and advise others how to tackle the trivial problems.

I have never had a deep problem or family shakeup so when I advise it is with a bit of care having seen how others have coped.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have been on this site for almost a year. It was about a year ago I finally accepted I was a crossdresser and that I needed to tell my wife. And my CD highlight of the year is telling my wife and her acceptance. This event cascaded to a whole new wardrobe, being honest with friends and family, and new group of friends. This site is a huge part of the last year for me in determining my place on the gender spectrum, tips on clothing and similar, how I got connected with a local CD group, and more.

Just passed my 3 year anniversary of joining here.

I had a series of firsts this past spring, including a makeover and meeting two other members.

I fully believe that this site has changed my journey from a CD only dressing in the house to someone who has to be out when dressed. Self-acceptance is a huge milestone for me, the next year will bring even more thoughts and goals to fruition.

I've only been here for two months and the biggest highlight for me was finally accepting the fact I'm a CD and my wife fully supports it.

No 2 this site has taught me that I'm not alone and we all have very similar stories and I wished I'd found this site earlier

10+ years for me (back in the dark days of dial up)
    Q1. I am going to be a tad cheeky and take two bites of the cherry. Firstly, with my lovely partner M we went out to dinner several times with a member from our social group and that helped her confidence in going out. Secondly our recent "opera" weekend where I was dressed from Friday lunch to Sunday evening; afternoon tea, checking in and out of hotel and breakfast in busy dining room. We had aimed for hotel weekends before and it has never worked before, mainly me talking myself out of it.

This site has had a massive influence on my progression and still is, there is often something new to learn or reflect on. I also feel I have reached a partial level of zen calmness

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    1. My highlite of the year? Too early to know yet. Have a dress up and shoot date with a GG friend this weekend and New Years Eve could be MIND BLOWING!

2. How has this site affected me? Oh, not much I guess. It only let me meet dressers who:

Got me out of the closet after 10 years.

Got me to the largest CD gathering on the planet where I met a number of girls from here!

Met local CD friends here 8 years ago that got me out to many CD friendly events where I met MORE local dresser friends!

Those CD friends got me to go to dresser events in Las Vegas. Where I've made MORE CD friends from around the country!

I've learned a number of better, easier ways to dress here. Gotten countless tips on where to get things. And, get to help newbees when I'm able.

So, why do I still hang around CD.com? I get almost NOTHING from this site!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    What is cheeky?

Well I sort of fit into two categories... I joined here way back in 2005 but then I disappeared for a while and came back a few years ago

Q1. What’s been the highlight of your year CD’ing wise of course?
    2018 was a big year for me after a quiet 2017. I managed to go out 4 times after 2 outings in 2016 and none in 2017. I also had 3 makeover photoshoots as well as bought some nice new dresses.

Q2. Has this site influenced your CD’ing, empowering you to achieve greater things, to fulfil your goals?
    Whilst i love this site and you Girls I have not really been encouraged or influenced to go further or achieve any goals.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

5+

It's like I have gone through a black hole. I'm living in some altered dimension, looking back at this site.

You see in my world I’m just me. Now I dress is just normal. I live in a world where I am different but it is not an issue.

I have been trying to put my finger on why I have come back here. I guess it’s like this soap opera that never ends. People come and go, but the play goes on.

I’m not sure when I stepped through the looking glass, but I am definitely on the other side.

I've been here 10+ years.

This year I have been able to dress whenever and however I want, for the first time. Love the freedom! I have not ventured out fully dressed yet. Perhaps I shall in 2019.

This site has been inspirational. Certain individuals have challenged me greatly, in a positive way. Others have taught me stuff through their negativity. Even the bad times here are good!

God bless Tamara and her moderators; and every member of this site.

Tracii G - "adjective British
    showing a lack of respect or politeness in a way that is amusing or appealing". I would be interested to know the American version?

Helen asked for our highlight of the year and I bent the rule/definition very slightly.

It has an additional meaning when we take one of life's little pleasures in an unplanned manner such as a cheeky pint or cheeky bacon cob.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Helen, I've been here two and a half years (ish). There has been no real highlight as such in 2018 but when I was out in Wilmslow a few weeks ago window shopping a guy bumped in to me and said 'sorry luv', and it really made my day. There have been changes in the way I think about myself and where I am going but this has been gradually building.
    As for the forum, it has been an immense help to me. I have gone from being someone afraid to step out of the door to being able to spend hours in the city center. I have made some good friends and learned so much. I still have much to do but now know that it is achievable instead of being a fantasy.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

In February I will have been a member for 12 years.
    My highlight this past year is retiring and having so much more time to explore myself and enjoy being me.
    As for the Forum, it has greatly influenced this part of my life. When I came out to my wife I showed her this site and she ended up joining as well. The people here and their openness helped her to accept me fully and I am so very thankful for that.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

New member here, but I've been reading for awhile. I found it helpful to hear of the experiences of others, both good and bad. I helps put things in perspective. Give some courage to forward sometimes and reign in the "pink fog" at other times. I also find it encouraging to see others on the site from the same area.

Banned Read only
    Helen,

Joined in 2013 so been camped here for 5 years

I can only sum it up as , " Boy what a year !! "

Highlight has to be becoming Teresa , downside having to separate to achieve it . By my own admission very happy now , the forum does have a hand in that , I could never have taken some steps without it . I'm still learning as our situation is never static , my hope now is I can remain here and pass on the help, hope and encouragement for others . The lifestyle can be wonderful but it's not an easy road to achieve some sort of balance .

I never expected to say that I no longer consider it crossdressing , to go out on a daily basis feels right , I was going to say normal but what actually fits that desciption .
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-28-2018 at 01:36 PM.

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    13+ years for me and for me, it's really knowing that I am not alone and there are many more of "us" out there (more or less) and that I'm lucky to have a very supportive wife of my dressing (fully or underdressing) and my (our) love of mixing in some bondage as well. She encourages me, buys me things and is accepting of my occasional work from home dressing days.

This year my health has improved, losing weight and this is making 2018 better for me in all ways but nothing earth-shattering otherwise in the CD world.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

Doc Sherry (tongue in cheek) says she gets nothing from this site, but belive me. She sure gives a lot to all of us. With out question she is the most out there person I have ever met and a lot of fun to be around. Keep it up Sherry

I've been here for only 6 months and have learned from this forum that I am not alone, I am not sick and I am not a deviant…

I had pretty much not dressed for over fifteen years but the urge finally got the best of me, and I can truly say the happiest I've been over the last year has been while I was en femme.

With the help of this forum I have since found a therapist to help out in my journey, wherever it might lead, and know I have some difficult decisions to make.

The highlight of the past year has been a work trip where I was gone for a week and dressed up every day after work. I went out dressed up for the first time (outside in the dark though) but walked through several indoor areas with other people in them, even got invited to a party…

Coming up on 2 years in April, but haven't been as involved as I had originally intended.

The highlight of my CD'ing year, has happened over the last month. After weekly couples counseling my fiancee and I have become more communicative to each other and more accepting of ourselves. This includes both of us being more accepting of and open about my CD'ing.

This site has influenced my CD'ing with all the wonderful stories of going out into the world and being accepted, it is driving me towards that goal. Whereas before I would have brushed it off as a fantasy.

q1. No one outing stands out, but I have gone out a lot more this year than I have in previous years so I happy with that.
    q2. I love this site, it makes me realize that there are others just like me. I love the questions individuals have and the group think answers.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".