Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living Feminine in Retirement

Living Feminine in Retirement

Now that my wife and I are retired. I can be as feminine as I want. We live in a 55+ gated community in Florida.
    Since retirement I have had laser hair removal on my upper body, I get acrylic nail and thin waxed eyebrows every week. My legs are always shaved and smooth, I wear a feminine ankle and arm bracelet.
    I wear mascara, lip gloss and perfume daily and wear only girls clothes, tight cuffed shorts, women’s t shirts with scoop neck, bra, panties, padded butt when not to hot. Hoop ear rings.

We walk 3 miles every day and I always wear capri leggings (I have about 50). Different color everyday, not always black like the other women walkers. I am sure they noticed my many different colors and styles, some with netting.

Around the house I am always in leggings, yogi pants, girls shorts or capris. When we go out I wear capris, shorts or girls tight jeans.

I would love to play tennis with the ladies but of course I would have to wear one of my short little tennis dresses or shorts.

I think my next step is start wearing skirts out when shopping.

So far no negative reaction, even when I am in my leggings taking yoga lesson with the ladies.

I will they would have a women less beauty pageant, then they would see the real me.

I love my feminine girly retirement

Joan, I am newly retired and your situation sounds wonderful. How I long to do many of the things you are now able to do without the threat of reprisals. My wife however is not accepting, so most of this is not available. I do what I can, when I can with some negative feedback. I am happy to hear all or most others really don’t care and we should be free to live our lives as we see fit. Life is too short for all these preconceptions.

Good for you. Enjoy your freedom. It sounds like so much fun!
    I just want to be pretty once in a while

Enjoy your retirement. Much less stress, in several ways.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Nothing wrong with living life on your terms.

I'm so happy for you Joan, you are truly living the dream.
    Time to start wearing those skirts...
    paula

If nobody has battered an eyelid with how your dressing now a skirt isn't going to make a difference .Just do it !!

Enjoy your retirement and enjoy being the person you are, start wearing the skirts that you have dreamed about. You are so lucky to have a wife as supportive as she is. Your living the dream so enjoy

Joan like you I am retired and live in central Florida with my wife. I also pretty much dress all the time also with no repercussions. We go to dinner shopping movies theme parks Disney universal walks ect. I hope you and your wife enjoy and have fun.

Very good- Joan. Congrats on the acceptance. As a retired senior myself, in a senior-area---wardrobe & style is chosen to match the Senior GGs in my area. Experience has taught us that we CAN be Dressed w/o being in-a-dress unless called-for by the venue. No SO here--so have choice to Dress-or-not at-will. DO have to watch the Pink-Fog spending,tho. Enjoying my more-fem retirement, not missing all those yrs of being closeted. Keep Blending. Toni G..
    "Seen by Many---Clocked by Any??"
    In the Snowbird Zone

Joan,

The real key to a happy retirement in your case seems to be a satisfactory resolution of your crossdressing (or transgender nature) with an apparent long term marriage relationship to a woman. It's the unspoken element of your good story.
    I, for one, would enjoy knowing how your wife accepts your gender presentation and how you "manage" the relationship ; including her esteem and security concerns. I ask this in order to learn from the stories of others. I share a similar situation being trans in an existing long term relationship, but 'came out' late in life.

Your situation sounds amazing. Melbourne has been our favorite place to spend our annual "Florida Week" vacation for the last 2 years. I think we stayed at the Doubletree or Hilton Inn (or something). Loved the beach, and saw the Space-Ex launch and recovery last year from the beach. Good fun.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Joan,
    Make themost of your retirement, sounds lovely.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Glad your retirement has started well - you have a great wife

Awesome! I’m going part time 2019 and really looking forward to more time off. You’re a step ahead being completely retired. Since you’re in sunny Florida, are you thinking about a cute bathing suit?

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    It's great that you are able to enjoy your retirement as you want to! I dream (only a dream) of retiring to Fiji, where men were skirts and sarongs (called sulu's there) all the time. Cool, comfortable, and good looking. I can't understand why men in western culture refuse to embrace the comfort of skirts.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Aspiring Member
    Bridget, A few years before I retired (almost 6 years ago) because of a work slow down on two different occasions we went on 3 days a week and unemployment picked up the other two days so the loss of money was very little. Anyway working 3 days with 4 day weekends was great, seemed like retirement almost! Hope you enjoy part time as I did. Sherrii

Starting retirement, an accepting wife, living in sunny Florida, and dressing as you please...what a terrific set of positives. Keep going and keep enjoying Joan.

Karen

Joan, that sounds great. I have often thought of it myself, but not sure my wife, who is supporting, would be on board to that much dressing.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Silver Member
    Might there actually be a retirement community for Trans (inc. CD) folks?

Joan I hope you give us updates as you progress along this next stage of your life.

Joan...it sounds like you are having a wonderful time and just being yourself everyday with your wife makes it even more special.

Congratulations on your retirement. I had planned on doing the same. I was going to move to a new area and start all over again but I would be wearing women's clothing most of the time, however on Christmas eve my daughter gave me the news that I was going to be a GRANDFATHER. She is a very independent woman who I thought was gong to wait till later in life to have children, so I dis not think I would ever be a grandfather.
    Now all I think about is retiring and moving closer to where she lives so I can spent what little time I have left with my grandchild. I just hope she doen't mind me living close to her.

Joan,

Congratulations on your retirement. I retired 1 1/2 years ago and love it.

That being said I was cautious about your complete lack of any reference to your wife and her feelings on this?

I have to wonder if she is having unspoken problems with the increase in your femininity. MINE DID!

Since my retirement, my increase in dressing and my wife's reaction to it I've been very cautious about dressing too much.

Maybe the two of you have had this discussion and everything is fine. If so, great! If not, you might want to think about having the talk sooner rather than later.

sounds like you will enjoy your retirement immensely. Enjoy

I'm not retired but am divorced and live alone so dress as much as possible when not working. I do hope to retire in July next year that is 2019 and will be moving many miles away, in fact, 5 & 1/2 hour drive away to a brand new house I'm getting built in Tamworth. Since the neighbours won't know me I plan on dressing most of the time. If they don't like it to bad, they can move. It's A new estate so I will be one of the first to move in.
    I do plan on getting a casual job, so may have to go to that as a male, will see how things pan out.
    Sophie Mosley

Banned Read only
    Must be nice... I will be there too someday if all works out as planned.