Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do sinlgle/unattached CDers hold an advantage...

Banned Read only

Do sinlgle/unattached CDers hold an advantage...

over CDers who have partners is NOT the question.

The question is, IF you were to acquire a partner do you think you would dress any less?

Isn't dressing for at least some members a substitute for having a companion?

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    No, No. Currently under dressing 24/7 manages my pink fog for the most part. 63 years old, first time to wear panties 57 years ago. Wife and oldest daughter knows and accepts.

It would depend on the partner, but the odds are against finding one that would like it that much.

and, to your last question, yes, and that is probably why finding a partner that can relish it that much would be rare indeed.
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

Dressing is sharing with a partner. I am single, and do not want to live without a caring, understanding partner. No way! I am too sweet a girl for that!
    Roxanne Lanyon
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Banned Read only
    Wild..,
    The fact I had a partner/wife meant I couldn't dress as I wished , if I found a new partner she would be on board from the start . To be perfectly truthful I've alwasy wanted a female partner I could be a female companion to . To say anymore than that may upset some members .

Dressing to me was something I always wanted to share , my wife is now saying it was a substitute but only because she didn't want to be on board with me . Simple admission, I have AGP again it's not intended to sidetrack this thread , I know it's part of what makes me tick , I've accepted it and moved on , end of story .

To answer the question , " Do they have an advantage ? " That's a difficult one to answer as it depends on the partner /wife . In my case I have to say yes , being separated has allowed me to find myself , I'm happier and feel I'm a better person .

I think you’d be more likely to get more relevant answers if your thread title were more representative of your actual question.

I think it would really depend on the partner and their willingness to partake in the activity. Too many variables.
    Last edited by Patience; 12-30-2018 at 08:02 AM. Reason: To bring back balance to the universe.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Aspiring Member
    I have been single for about 8years. I simply would not contemplate being in a relationship again if I was not able to spend a lot of time in womenswear. Currently it is about 80% of my time. On the other hand people like to see their partners looking a particular way and if that involves male clothes I would be happy to compromise and reduce my dress time, perhaps significantly. Compromise is part of a relationship. In return I would like to see my partner in dresses and heels. Being single allows you to be self-centred in almost everything and it probably isn't good for you .... but it can be very enjoyable. I am not one of these people who needs to be in a relationship - if the right women comes along that is good but it is OK if she doesn't.

Dressing is no substitute and choosing the right partner is all important.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    No I would still be me 100%.

Banned Read only
    Susan,
    I have to question do we become self-centered maybe long term we could be , it may depend on how many friends you have round you I'm out most days meeting up with someone , or just walking my dog , talking of which that is a good way of not becoming too self-centered , I have a lovely group of dog walkers .

Single all my life, and 64yo. Never really had any real chance for an SO. No woman i met was ok with men CDing. I am not desperately looking anymore, as i see how most GGs are , and it would take a VERY RARE, odd GG, to win me over. If she liked to wear dresses, skirts, hose and heels, it would go a long way toward lessening my CDing. But, I don't see much of any possibility. Alone with cats here. If you have a girlfriend or wife who is ok with you dressing, you are EXTREMELY FORTUNATE.

I think single CDers have more advantage since they don't have to worry about a disapproving spouse, however I have been single for about 3 years now and go out less than when I was married.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Simple admission, I have AGP again it's not intended to sidetrack this thread ...
    AGP? Accelerated Graphics Port?

Or 2-DEOXY-2-AMINO GLUCITOL-6-PHOSPHATE

Or is it something else?
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

I just don't know how to answer that question. I have been without a partner since I got divorced almost 22 years ago. Sad I know. I would love to have someone to spend time with and share what I find that interest me.

Banned Read only
    Ambi..,
    Autogynephilia , If you need more info please PM me ,as I don't wish to start a heated debate on this subject again .

It's not that it's a substitute, but when in a stable relationship, apparently my mind is able to suppress the desire to crossdress much easier, as there's no stress related to lack of physical affection. I can also cut back by simply going to gogo bars and snuggling up with one of the dancers instead of getting lap dances, but it's extremely expensive ($20 for FOUR minutes). That's looking at $300 an hour. You want an evening 'girlfriend experience'? better stop at the cash machine and withdraw your last paycheck. That's for ONE evening. 'Happy endings' are, of course, a whole lot extra, but that's not what I'm looking for.

Just 'celebrated' divorce day last week. That's 20 years.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 12-30-2018 at 03:13 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    Lexi,
    Do we commiserate or offer congratulations ? I'm just about to set foot on that road but mine will be the end of 44 years , it may be sad but it has to happen .

Good question. To answer that, you'd have to know my dating history. I've been unattached for more than half my life. My best memories, the good times, I have always been solo when that happens. The times I've had companions, they have hindered me in some way. Finding a female that would support me dressing, would be like finding a Van Gogh at a garage sale. Very remotely possible, but hardly likely. All of my other activities (other than dressing) are solo based. I like getting a bug on and dressing up. It's like climbing aboard my bike on a nice day, and heading out for parts unknown.

The only way I'll ever have another woman, will be one that's happily willing to let me dress the way I wish.

( I think I've got a better chance of vacationing on the moon)
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

Can't speak for anyone else but, I started partially dressing in my mother's things at a young age. So the desire to do it is something I've never associated with not having a partner.

I've never been fortunate enough to have a partner who was tolerant, let alone accepting of my dressing. So in that respect being single allowed me to dress at will because I always maintained my own condo. I never lived with anyone until I married.

If you are totally closeted it must be easier to be single, in my own situation I would say Im closeted but my wife knows and is fully accepting so I can dress whenever I want.

Banned Read only
    I hated being single, even though it meant I could dress whenever I wanted to.

How is dressing a replacement for companionship?

Being single means being able to dress whenever I want. However if I met or had a relationship with the right lady, would I be able to cut back a little when needed, yes I would as long as I did have the opportunity to dress when needed.

I am single and i actually think i may dress less.
    Maybe.
    Ideally, if she supported it then i would dress about the same as i do now.
    According to my friends if i want to meet someone i have to give up dressing, as no woman will actually be ok with it.
    I disagree, but i know the chances are slim. Tolerant maybe, if im lucky.

Platinum Member
    To the actual question... no, I would not dress less often simply because I had a partner. I would consider dressing less often...emphasis on “consider”...if it were an issue for my partner.

I do not dress as a substitute for the presence of a woman in my life. Now between relationships (perhaps) I am primarily concerned with being honest about myself in any future relationship. Hiding and various aspects of repression adversely affected my past relationships.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

No.
    A partner would have to accept me as I am.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress