Thread: Peering into the future.

Peering into the future.

I posted about looking back on the year just gone and what it meant to each of us, so I thought it might be interesting to see what goals, aspirations and desires each of us has for the coming year.

For me I really only have one personal goal for the coming year and that’s to loose weight. Okay not particularly original but having enjoyed my time out and about this year and been able to make a reasonable job of my presentation what I’d like to experience is doing it looking even better. To be that little bit more femme shaped particularly in the upper torso, chest and shoulders, to not have than roll of excess fat marking the line of my bra and corset.

One other thing I’d like to accomplish is to meet yet more folks from this forum. I’ve been fortunate over the past few years to make the acquaintance of a few of you and it’s something I really enjoy. Exchanging posts here is one thing, chatting face to face over a drink and a bite to eat raises the bar. So look out for the invite.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Makeup. Lots of makeup.

Also, working on my hips and derrière to get a more balanced fem figure.
    Now that I think of it, a nice pair of fem glasses would be nice.

Weight loss? That's a year-round goal every year!
    Last edited by Patience; 12-30-2018 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Why do you need to know?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

More time to dress.

Maybe I will meet more from here, it is about time I went on holiday again.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Weight loss for me as well - but better balance between work and home is a goal - would also like to go to a historic event when (dickens or ren faire) dressed this year
    Last edited by bridget thronton; 12-31-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Helen, you are a mind reader! it will be one of my new year resolutions to get out on my bike and pedal off a few pounds. But this year was beset with family problems as well as my own health issues but the future? its for me to grab and everybody else.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    Oh that proverbial crystal ball !

In blunt terms weight loss isn't my problem but losing a wife has to happen !! I also have some serious work to do on my new home again weight loss isn't the problem but holding onto my money could be !

Meeting up with more members is a lovely idea , we''ll have to see if we can make it happen . Maybe this year Helen and hopefully Bobbi .

The future for me fingers crossed is a weekend away and to go out fully dressed and to meet other like minded people . Weight is a constant battle and I've put on a couple of kgs over Christmas but will shed them when I'm back at work ….hopefully

My goal this year is to buy some silicone forms.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I guess at age 75 I'm old fashioned. My, "goal for next year", days r long gone! I guess I've succeeded in all the important ones I've set in the past.

These days I don't have enuff time left to fool around! If I want something I DO IT RITE NOW!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Learn to do my Makeup without help. Dress and go out more.

I want a relationship with someone who gets along with Roxanne!
    Roxanne Lanyon
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

I am making a commitment to stop spending on cross dressing clothes, specifically street clothes. I do need to replace quite a few old full slips. I have plenty of clothes as in dresses, skirt suits, skirt outfits, skirts and blouses. Also shoes and wigs. When I say "plenty" the closets are full. I spent the last few months going through and trying on all the dresses and got rid of what no longer fits which was not many. I will allow expenditures for consumables such as cosmetics. If I really don't NEED something then I plan on NOT getting it. I will also get 5 credit cards paid off not much in debt thank goodness. Once cards are paid off will close them out get rid of them cut them up and close the accounts.

I want to find 3-4 cute French bras that actually fit me.

I have gained 40 pounds in the last 3 years, and would like to trim back down. I am holding off buying a corset since I keep wanting to shed those pounds.

And now I have a list of items so I can easily see what I should spend my CD money on (such as corset above).

I plan on dressing more but I have thought I would before and something always comes up to prevent it. Think I have gotten to dress less this past year though than I have ever done before. Seems life sure gets busy with other things.

Platinum Member
    My timeframe for resolutions is a bit longer. I’m now sixteen months and 1 day from retirement. During this time, I must complete my retirement home, complete my private pilots license and effect the orderly transition of leadership in my not for profit company. Personally, I too need to lose maybe 10-15 pounds, make improvements in my cardio fitness and figure the if, out when and how to come out to a woman in my life.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

In the original post I wrote about what I wanted to do. I suppose I should have include what I'm trying to avoid doing and certainly one of those is online shopping for clothes. On my last trip out I bought in person, trying on in-store. I ended up with outfits that matched as opposed to more random buys. There will be the odd thing clothing wise that might slip through the net and there will be things you can't get on the High St, forms, padding, that sort of thing where the internet is the go to place. In fact the only place. Buying in person while dressed, this is a lesson I learned, gives you a purpose, a reason to hit the shops. No more aimless rack browsing. I've been a gurl on a mission. That I intend to carry forward into next year.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    So pleased for you , personally I much prefer it , not only do you get input from SAs but very often other female shoppers , I never feel out of place in changing areas .

Three things come to mind. 1. Buy a new wardrobe 2. Lose some belly fat 3. Get out much more than last year

Like many of us, I would like to lose a few pounds (kilos) but then I might need new clothes. Would like to get out dressed a bit more or at least have a bit more time for that. Would like to tell my wife about dressing but that may not happen. Sometimes, I think yes and other times no.

I made some real progress on my weight over the last year by just reducing carbs (and no alcohol). Went from 180 to 160. Feel better to boot! I'd like to do 10 more, but we'll see (I was always very slim until about 35). I've narrowed down my body shaping garments to what I think really works for me.

My next goal is my voice. If I can take another 10 lbs off this year, and at least round the edges on my voice by this time next year, I'll be really happy!

Going out somewhere is a goal, but who knows.

No dressing goals. i do think it is wise to get out of debt, if possible, spend less, be frugal. Have some extra storable food and water, in case of power outages or disasters, or war. Keep my pets fed, and healthy, exercise often. Maybe get my will made out.