Thread: What would you do?

What would you do?

My last post I stated I bought a house. I have been in the process of remolding it. I am living alone, but have 3 kids and grand kids that will be coming over to visit. They don't know about Stephanie. So I cant just have her stuff laying around. I plan on building a cedar closet in the basement. Just wondering if you all had a choice on the layout of a room for your fem side, how would you do it.

Thanks,

Stephanie

I already do have the spare room.

Pretty in Pink

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Spare Bedroom. You could always add locks to closets, cedar chest or wardrobe.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Banned Read only
    I would keep my stuff in my closet and dresser drawers just like I do now. Your children and their children should respect your privacy and not be in your room going through your things.

Granted you probably would want still not want to just leave things lying around or lingerie hanging in the laundry room when you know they are coming over.

But if I had my choice, three words "walk in closet", you can always put a lock on the door if you have to.

As long as you have the Lockable Spare Room--it shouldn't be a problem. Just remember to "check everything" before guests arrive! Toni G..
    "Seen by Many---Clocked by Any??"
    In the Snowbird Zone

When designing our retirement home we added a hidden room adjacent to my closet for my femme wardrobe.
    Jill

Reality Check
    Your children and their children should respect your privacy, but they may not. They may be looking for something and look in places you might not expect. Locked closets may arouse suspicion. A hidden room, lockable, may be your best bet.
    Krisi

Walk-in closet. With a lock on the door.

If asked, say it’s where you store your junk and stuff.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Platinum Member
    I do have that choice, since I am building a retirement home. I will have a master bedroom with a closet. My entire wardrobe will be right there. I don’t plan to lock or otherwise conceal any part of it. But I also expect my kids and grandkids to respect my space and privacy.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

A false door and a secret room sounds like a solution.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

since my entire family and extended family know I do not have a problem. We have a walkin closet with a section for my female clothing and I have a make up counter in the bathroom. Even our house cleaner knows where my things go.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    That sounds like fun. I couldn’t put my femme stuff in it though: I’d show off the room to anyone and every one.

I am not out to anyone but my wife. I keep some clothes and shoes in my closet and some clothes in my drawers. My wife has concerns that someone may accidentally discover these things. However, short of an emergency, there is no reason for anyone to be looking through my stuff. If one of my children runs across these items and wants to discuss it, I'm open to discussion. At that point they would be burdened with the secret that my wife wants to maintain as such. If they ask my wife first, she might tell them that she ran out of space and commandeered some of mine. They might believe this as it is in keeping with the relative size of our respective wardrobes.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Unless you live in a mansion a secrete room will be easily noticed if you have any sense of space.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 12-31-2018 at 04:08 PM.

Like others have said a lock on a spare closet door should do the trick. One of our spare bedrooms has two closets and both doors lock. I have been using one closet for my fem cloths for the last 20 years or so and never had a problem. I also built in a small dresser on one wall so that I can store my finer thing neatly in drawers. Should we have guest visit everything is safe and secure.... and I have peace of mind.

Banned Read only
    Lock the spare bedroom. If they want to get in and see what's inside as nosy kids do tell them you are keeping clothing and other personal things for a friend that sold her house and is on travel out of the country and nobody goes in. It's respect for her privacy and personal things.

Platinum Member
    A friend who was designing and building his home had a secret small room built which was only accessible through the back of a closet. It even had a skylight. It was built for the security of his firearms and valuables. A person would have to remove clothing handing on bars to get to the door which was an ordinary interior wall.

I have plenty of privacy in my house, but I propose some deception instead of locks.

Tell them that you rented out the spare bedroom to a woman (who's hardly ever there). That will also over other little mistakes like accidently leaving some of "her" clothes out.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

My stuff is in my bedroom as I have a fully accepting wife. However, I have her daughter living with us and she has no boundaries and will go through other peoples drawers and closets looking for things she might want. So we had to put locks on our bedroom door as well as our spare bedroom.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

A locked door says I don't want anyone in there. If they object, then a simple "It's none of your business" statement is needed. You are then allowed to ignore all prodding questions about the locked room.

If they get persistent, then you can ask them to leave.
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

Aspiring Member
    I love the idea of a secret room! But as has been said it is hard in a normal house to conceal one, especially one much larger than a small closet. The easiest thing in your case would be a lock on a bedroom door or a lock on a large closet. Any questions- "That's where I am storing some extra/unused stuff, there is no need for us/you to go in there". I have had an unused room and been doing that for years although I am changing it to a locked closet and am going to be using the room sort of as a den. Sherrii

Really can't add much. Lock a door and tell any snoopers to respect your privacy.
    You could throw them a little by saying 'It's a project. You'll see one day.' If you're intending to come out to them that is.
    It's not even a lie. 😁

I just put a lock on my closet door.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Hell-o Stephanie,
    If this room is all mine, meaning it wouldn’t be a shared space with my SO (she and I share our current closet space).
    There would be a combination of drawer space, as well as other space for hanging items. Also, a shoe rack, gotta have a shoe rack! Another feature would be a makeup counter with a well lighted mirrorw and a comfy chair. Whatever you do...Don’t forget the full length mirror!

If you’re looking for design ideas, IKEA actually has some fairly well layed out designs.
    Be sure to show us what you come up with.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!