Thread: Wedding Dress Shopping

Wedding Dress Shopping

I'm going out wedding dress shopping this weekend. The day is going to start with a makeover and then dress shopping. I was looking to who else has gone and what there experience was. This is going to be my first time out so a little nervous

Where are you going shopping for one, to a boutique? Do you have an appointment?

I had an appointment at charity shop, I was very nervous, but if they made an appointment you can expect them to treat you well. Mine went great, will be going back again I am sure.

I once read not to wear too much makeup as you don't want to get any on the dress, but all the ones I tried pulled up and didn't go near my face so I didn't really understand that.

Also read wear white strapless bra, I wore black strapped one and had a great time. I bet you will too.
    Maria x

Gold Member
    A long time ago, my wife and me where in a Wedding shop. I was looking for a black bow tie for my Tux.
    There where a bunch of wedding dresses on display. I asked If I could buy one, the SA said sure.
    She took some measurements, and told me they did not have a dress in my size in stock.
    They would bring a selection of dresses for me to try on for $ 500.00 deposit, not refundable.
    My wife asked me how much would I wear the dress, and said that for 500, I could buy a lot of
    dresses. So I skipped the try on; but I wish I could have just once.
    If you can, do it.
    Rader

Yes I have a appointment set up at Davids thank you for the heads up on the bra did not think about wearing a strapless

When I was looking for wedding dresses I could get a fitting anywhere as long as it was quiet.

I used to organise mock weddings for clubs and I was known by the boutiques.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am sure I have read about others on here going to David's so I am sure you will have a blast. Just don't be pressured into buying one but at the same time don't pretend like you will buy if you are only there to try, trying is fine though.

You say it's your first time out, does that mean you cancelled your shopping trip back in July?