Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where does your AGE figure in?

Banned Read only

Where does your AGE figure in?

From reading multiple thousands of responses here over the years, it would seem for the vast majority, full/"all or nothing" presentation seems to increase exponentially with increasing age. Has it worked that way for you or have you "progressed" in the opposite direction?

For those in the former group, has the ability to purchase stuff ONLINE, with (almost) complete anonymity, contributed to your current thoughts on presentation?

Yes, as I've aged I've grown less concerned with what others think and more with how I feel.
    It's all or nothing (mostly all now) and I go out whenever, where ever I please.

I have more time to be me and I love it.
    I have grown in many ways and I love my life now.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    Well I have never been an all or nothing dresser and don't see myself ever becoming one.

I to have grown to care less what others think. I now put more effort into doing what I like and sometimes wish I had this feeling when I was younger and enjoyed more. But glad I've made it this far and enjoying what I do. Love and Peace Brenda.

Yes to both. As I’ve aged, I’m less concerned about what I wear and when. I even wear light makeup when leaving home most days. Used to be I was scared to underdress and leave the house. Always feared getting caught somehow, in a vehicle accident or whatever. Sure, this could still happen, but I’m at peace with it now I guess if something should it happen. I underdress 24/7 now and occasionally go out stealthily wearing items from my female wardrobe. And...yes, online shopping has made shopping much easier. I’m waiting on another pair of jeans right now! -Meg

I'm more comfortable in full mode than partial. However with practice and better make-up I can get ready a lot quicker than usual. Partial make me feel incomplete although I have done it occasionally when I know I'd have to switch from femme to male mode.

Nope and nope.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I can present enfemme or a mix of both anytime it just depends on how I feel in the morning and what I have planned for the day.
    Age has mode no difference that I can tell.

Platinum Member
    For me, I have grown/progressed because I realized greater possibilities...buying on line wasn’t the driver. Every increment of new experience added to my realization of what was/is possible. Once I was convinced that I could present as a woman, I stepped out into the world and realized that it was possible, safe and really wonderful.

i suppose age played a role. As I grow older, it’s clear I only have so many days left, have fewer constraints and I’m more inclined to live on my own terms.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 01-02-2019 at 03:26 PM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am sure that my aging has slowed me down. Age brings changes to your look, surgery,s and changes to what you feel looks best on you. All these have played a big part for me the past 2-3 years. I can express myself more, and I do, but in diferent ways. But mostly at home and I do not get out as much as I used to.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Since I started dressing I've been in the all or nothing camp. Under dressing, andro look, partial dressing just doesn't interest me. I have found as I get older the need to dress has been increasing, and after a long wait I now have the time for that increase to be accommodated.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Read only
    Wild,
    On the whole it does appear to increase rather than decrease providing you are in good health . There are several factors for this and no single reason .

With my freedom and being totally out most if not all of my purchases are from retail shops , I find it far more enjoyable and I know everything fits , I see no reason to hide any of it .

Silver Member
    MY age, 84, and now being single, has led me to full time dressing at home (sans wig and makeup) and 100% underdressing when out in drab, except for Doctors' appointments or being where I might be hugged and bra straps being felt by those not in the know. I've purchased little on line. Almost all buying of my femme needs have been in drab person.

I think it depends on your level of comfort and whether or not you are out. I am an "all or nothing" kinda gal and the online part makes it convenient but I still like to shop sales in the store. I shop in either mode. Mostly being a little older (relative) I don't care about what others think. Cheers
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

Gold Member
    Well I am 71, And dress at home every day. I do not go out dressed, I would never pass in a million years.
    I wish I could go out, but I will stay in my "Closet" for now.
    Rader

Banned Read only
    Surely.........most of the "all or nothing" ladies were NOT "all or nothing" ladies in your teenage years....?

Or even in your twenties or possibly thirties?

The P&V gallery does not really support this.

When I started crossdressing regularly I thought that there were regulations of crossdressing.You had to do that, wear that, etc.

As I got older I realised that the there is no code of behaviour for transvestites and I started doing things my way. I discarded bras and shoes, no jewellery or makeup.

That's how I evolved into what I am now: a MIAD. I spend all day in skirts and lingerie, but as a male. I do not impersonate a woman.

When going out I am almost always underdressed. I am not ready to go out as a bearded guy in a skirt, yet. But at home I no longer care if someone sees me in my normal attire, the way I spend the whole day.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

I suppose it depends on who you may have to explain yourself to, dressed. If your finances aren't dependant on those who know you dress, then you could get bold, and not care what people think. Until that time come, if it comes, then I'll adjust accordingly. Happily.
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

For me it hasn't been age so much as retirement. Since I no longer have to go to work every day and am essentially a caregiver , I can dress as a woman every day while I'm at home doing house work. Then change into drab in the afternoon if I have errands. I only do make up on tuesday evenings, when I go to TCNE.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Have you considered going out shopping dressed, April?

As for me, age comes into my dressing in the appropriateness of the vestments.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Never bought on line and the age thing is only through practice and general lifestyle that help me increase to almost 24/7.

In my early twentiesI was already out 40 percent of the time.

I just needed to hone my skills over the years.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I was probably all or nothing when I dressed completely after I had a full set of fem things. That was 20 years ago.
    I STILL have to dress all the way. Because unless I can see a woman in my mirror when I finish, I'm wasting my time!

Before buying "online" I bought things "mail order". So, no difference!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 01-03-2019 at 01:25 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Wild..,
    Cding for me in teenage and early twenties was very different for me , I had GFs who had no objections to my Cding but in those days it was all about sex . My work colleagues often joked that I went to work for a rest !!

The clothes weren't a visual thing then so going out didn't mean anything . It was only in my forties the situation changed , sex wasn't as important but I still had the deep need to dress . It wasn't until I started taking and processing my own pictures that the visiual aspect kicked in . The first time I did a reasonable effort on my makeup and I tried my first wig on was when gut feelings and vision came together , the guy had disappeared and a not unattractive woman had emerged , I guess the light bulb moment , the turning point !

I was never a dress all the way dresser. As a teenager, it was limited resources and now it is realizing I like some things and not other things. So the mixture has changed over the years, but I never go full femme.

Aspiring Member
    I think for some, like myself, it's a progressive condition. It used to be a fetish when I was young, now in my 60s it's part of my identity. I go out dressed, I shop dressed. So I wouldn't say that the ability to on-line shop has affected me as I mostly shop in person. I will buy the odd item on-line but tend do so mostly for convenience or lack of availability in my area, not because I fear buying them in person.

Where will this go? I have no idea. But keeping the lid on the kettle is clearly impossible for me now. Alas, my wife is not only not supportive, she's hostile. With the work of a good therapist I'm trying to find the balance between male and female, that will work for me.