Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where does your AGE figure in?

Platinum Member
    In my teenage years I only had access to my mother's clothing. Size was a limitation. It wasn't until my thirties I felt comfortable purchasing my owns bras, panties and slips. Finally it was dresses and hosiery and heels. Of course a wig came next. The wigs were purchased under the pretext of Halloween costumes. I have to wear a wig to make the illusion work due to male pattern baldness. Underdressing does nothing for me. So, it is always a dress, heels and hosiery, all the proper undergarments, and, wig. I do forego makeup as I am an in-home dresser. The only skimping on the clothes is sleeping at night. Then , it is a nylon gown and panty. I frankly do not understand the appeal of wearing a bra under male clothing.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    Surely.........most of the "all or nothing" ladies were NOT "all or nothing" ladies in your teenage years....?

Or even in your twenties or possibly thirties?

The P&V gallery does not really support this.
    I first put on a dress aged 15. Ever since I have fully dressed, at least as much as I could in the early days.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

It hasn't increased over the years. Just my ability to dress up more, has, I no longer feel like there's any reason NOT to dress as a girl when I'm alone at home. It just feels right.
    I can't speak for everyone, but I get the feeling that most of us usually only dress up as much as we feel the need to. Whether that be completely from head to toe including make up & accessories, and body movement and voice changes, or just wearing a nightgown to sleep in every night, or something in between, we go as far as we do because it's a need to quash the GID monster lurking in the subconscious, demanding that we shuck off the man costume and do whatever female things we want. Feeding the monster a few bites of femininity is sometimes all it takes. At other times it's hungry enough to want a whole meal.

At least that's how I experience it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'm fairly young I think, and I'm pretty sure it's accurate to say I'm an all or nothing crossdresser now. That said, guys wearing feminine styles or pastel colors are less stigmatized these days. I have plenty of makeup and skinny jeans and pastel sweaters, but when I wear those on their own I'm still presenting myself to the world as male. I only consider myself to be crossdressing at all if I put on a wig and a skirt or dress. I rarely ever wear one without the other, if ever. So in my case, there is a very clear line between whether I'm crossdressing or not. I'm not really sure why this is. I believe it's just because I want to present my feminine self in a very specific way. But it's been a pretty big standard in my crossdressing method from day one, so I expect this distinction to continue as I get older.

I am always dressed! Sometimes it is with out wig, forms and make up and sometimes with! My "male" mode(I call it natural self!) gets more and more feminine! It is not about the clothes for me! It is about how I feel! As I have said before, gender "me"! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    It's always felt natrual for me to dress as a female. Before I was married I would go out dressed on occasion. I still sometimes walk high on the moors dressed and sometimes I will sit admiring the view accross a valley and contemplate how life could have been different. The simple truth is my wife prefers that I remain closeted and I respect her feelings far above my own desire to dress and always will. I guess for us there are more important things in life.

I have never been all or nothing, with no major changes from when I was a teenager to now in my fifties. I take much the same approach now as I did thirty years ago, which is typically partial dressing and no makeup although I sometimes fully dress and/or wear makeup. For me it's whatever I'm in the mood for on a particular day.

Due to my age and being retired I have the option to wear what I want when I want but the fear of nosy neighbors etc keeps me from doing makeup every day and dressing only at night. I always wonder if the neighbors wonder about all the random flashing of light ( me taking selfies) creeping out the cracks around the blocked window.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Silver Member
    Stephanie, when in drab, my bra is a constant hug, and I love it!

Age has never been a factor in how or how much I dress or present myself.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Not really due to age but Basically my new found confidence to leave home dressed has led to me being much more visable

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    Surely.........most of the "all or nothing" ladies were NOT "all or nothing" ladies in your teenage years....?

Or even in your twenties or possibly thirties?

The P&V gallery does not really support this.
    I was an all or nothing dresser. I also started late in life. I knew from the beginning, like the first time I fully dressed with all the accessories and looked myself in the mirror that I had to take "the show" on the road, and I did very shortly after that. However, as I progressed from starting to now I have aged and continued to mature in many ways, especially in recognizing and accepting who I am. I think a lot of serious dressers go through that same process in their own way up to the point they start going out and build up their own confidence to be who they are, whatever that may be. I totally get how hard it may have been when younger for others and how most of them never went out fully dressed. Many may have gone out partially dressed, but not so much so that others would see their presentation as feminine, like underdressing or wearing feminine jeans, shoes or other items that could also be seen as male attire.

I am wondering what your true question is since as I understand your way of presenting to be more in the MIAD camp. Also, what is P&V?