Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone ever meet up?

I have met up with two from this site. Both went very well.

When I started going out a few years ago. I had this desire to meet others, and I did meet a few.

I’ve been to DVL twice now.

I attended a support group that meets once a week for a while.

You see I had a mission. That was to meet with others, see how they are, to better understand myself.

I actually prefer to be the only TG in a room. I’ve come to enjoy being different.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I have met 10 or so members from here and each time it was very nice.
    When I went to support group meetings it was fun and going out to dinner after the meetings was a blast.
    Too many in the group started to get too social justice warrior/ trans activist for me and quite hateful and it ruined the group for me so I don't go anymore.
    Sadly, I experienced some of this also when I thought I'd try the T support group in Memphis. One just wouldn't stop bashing religious types even though another T sitting next to me was a minister. The others were very nice, though.

I have met two other CDs- one was great, we ate dinner and drab and just talked about our experiences. The other wanted sex and I shut down communication. Hey, that's what you get for trying to make a friend on Craigslist.
    Life is too short to be boring.

Hell-o Lindsey,
    I ran outa fingers counting the number of people that I’ve met.
    The first couple were the most nerve racking. I think that was mostly due to the fact that I’d never interacted with anyone. Not knowing exactly what to expect is a pretty difficult fear to overcome when you’re in such a vulnerable position. Getting to know a little about the person before the meet-up seems all too obvious of a first step.
    I have to say each and every one of the people I’ve met has been awesome, and I’m so glad I’ve had the chance to do so.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yes this ^^^^^^^^^.
    If you don't make the move it will never happen.

I have met some girls from here and at some conferences that have become good friends. I enjoy going out to dinner and for a drink and just catching up when it works out. It is so nice to be able to share with someone that knows and can share the joys and burdens of being a Tgirl. I have really enjoyed getting to know other girls and their stories.

I have met 7 people from this forum in person, and it has been great meeting all of them. The most recent one I met happened at the end of December, and I am hoping to see her again this summer. Hopefully in the future I will be able to meet more people from here.

I’ve met a handful of ladies from this site. Definitely good times. I’ve become rather close with one in particular.

I'd be willing to meet up with folks....but I'm not quite ready to go out dressed yet...Someday maybe...
    I kicked the habit/Shed my skin/This is the new stuff/I go dancing in/Won't you show for me?/I will show for you.

Sledgehammer- Peter Gabriel

A CDer from this site pointed me in the direction of a local CD group and eventually I made it out to one of their monthly Girls Night Out (GNO). I have been to every GNO since

My first time to meet other CDs was also my first time being dressed in a public place (gay bar). That was October 2012 after being invited by a member of this forum, and I've met many TGs/CDs since!

Words of encouragement from rocketscientist:

Saugatuck doesn't care how you walk, talk or present yourself. You will be among many others just like you. This is THE best opportunity to go out for your first time in public you will EVER have.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Finally braved it & went to my first local LGBT meet last night in my new patent ballets & bow headband. Really enjoyed it - <10 there & no CDs though. Didn't want to stop talking! Had to leave early & felt guilty! Still buzzing. Do it.

I have met up with someone from this site, at a CD support meeting. As a group we went out to eat.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Have met a couple of ladies from here,but that was before we knew that we were on CD.com.But hopefully in future I can meet up with others from here

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Thanks for all the great input and insight! I know I always feel anxious at the thought of meeting and sharing in person. We all seem to love living behind the veil with some exceptions of the ladies who are full time living. I hope to find a few new friends to share with now that I’m back on the forum. Today I’m house cleaning enfemme of course, T-shirt dress and sporting some new larger forms. Feels great!

Silver Member
    I would like love to see an affinity map of members from this site. It could be degrees of freedom from Kristyn instead of Kevin Bacon.

As to meeting up with others, I've done it in both enfem and enhom. The chance to really talk and share experiences can be important in your self discovery. So don't let that stop you either. And yes, you will find that not everyone who shares one of your related interests will be a friend. Don't let that stop you either.

funny....kristyn was my first contact, first e-mail.....then phone, and of coarse some drunk texting, still waiting for her to come out the jersey to meet in person.....also have met many from here and in the wild, may not hit it off with eveyone but it was a pleasure to meet each and everyone.

they had a pushpin map at keystone conference, pretty interesting, folks from all over the world
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Birds of the same feather fly together?
    It's no weird that we look for our pairs for many reasons.
    In my case, at the beginning was something sexual but it was always hard to match schedules because most of them married guys so it should be in weekdays, daytime.
    I attended three times to a transgurls party they used to do every one Wednesday but the same, to meet guys and have sex.
    Now I still looking people out that enviroment and I'd like to create a group in socal but it's hard. I'm not longer crossdresser but trasgender and interests are different.
    To end, sadly when we match they live far far away as lydianne, stephanie, etc...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    I have met a few gals from this site and another site I belong to, all have been great.
    The very first meeting I was a little anxious but I think it's normal to feel that way.
    Finally found a local meetup group here back in Sept. and it has been a fun group
    to hang out with. No real issues with getting hit on, there was one guy fishing for
    how I like to get freaky but I shut that conversation down real quick.
    I'd definitely say it's worth trying to expand your circle of CD friends, you just have to
    make sure of your surroundings and going with a trusted friend also helps.
    Best wishes & stay safe
    Hugs...
    Hugs
    Samantha

I have reached out to a couple here but the timing hasn't worked out yet. I am determined this year to get into a social circle here in the Bay Area, preferably meeting people that could be friends away from CDing as well. So far, I have found polite straightforwardness eliminates ("thanks, but that's not my thing") any issues of being hit on, by men or other CD's.

Not yet ! I have tried many times .
    Have even tred to start a Crossdresser
    Group in the Amarillo or Wichita Falls
    Areas .
    No luck yet

Jean Ann

I love to meet like minded others unfortunately it seldom happens all though it has happened a few times. When I lived in Denver I was in a suport group and we met pretty regularly and we would go out after for drinks. It was great fun and never had a problem. Here in San Diego its been a little harder I was in a support group for awhile and occasionally we would get out but not often. I have met others from this site but we never be to be able to connect. Everyone has busy schedules. Also many have different agendas. I have been in bars and met other girls and again never had a problem but usually desires were laid out up front. I have met others in drab several times.
    Having friends with the same interests is wonderful and good for us. There are so many of us that are so scared to meet others or that's how it seems
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Wait! What? Freedom from Kristyn? What? Huh?
    I swear! I am NOT Kevin Bacon, I don’t even know the guy!
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Yes, indeed. I have even hostessed a few meetups back when craigslist still allowed personal ads. I would use CL to announce the gathering and through email, texts and phone calls, screen the heck out of the people who responded until I developed a suitable guest list. Never had an issue.

Best event was situated in a large, two-room suite where the girls could dress and get made up on site.I included a male admirer who volunteered his bar tending skills, booze and a significant share of the expense for the room. When it was said and done,---thanks to people randomly chipping in, I almost made a profit, LoL

After spending much of the afternoon getting bombed out of skulls on experimental drinks made by Mr. Bar Tender, someone broached the idea of going out. No problem--my bar tending admirer ordered up an Uber SUV that transported us into the city, where we danced all night, with the bar-tending admirer functioning as de facto security by remaining sober and watching our backs. He even Ubered us back to the hotel, where a few collected their belongings and left. two of my new friends laid claims to places to crash and spent what was left of the night. And the bar tender? He stayed over as well, remaining the perfect gentleman--says he was just happy being in our company--I kept waiting for the "other shoe to drop," but it never did. So, if you are out there, Russell the bar tender, thanks again for helping me have an epic party!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Yes, indeed. I have even hostessed a few meetups back when craigslist still allowed personal ads. I would use CL to announce the gathering and through email, texts and phone calls, screen the heck out of the people who responded until I developed a suitable guest list. Never had an issue.

Best event was situated in a large, two-room suite where the girls could dress and get made up on site.I included a male admirer who volunteered his bar tending skills, booze and a significant share of the expense for the room. When it was said and done,---thanks to people randomly chipping in, I almost made a profit, LoL

After spending much of the afternoon getting bombed out of skulls on experimental drinks made by Mr. Bar Tender, someone broached the idea of going out. No problem--my bar tending admirer ordered up an Uber SUV that transported us into the city, where we danced all night, with the bar-tending admirer functioning as de facto security by remaining sober and watching our backs. He even Ubered us back to the hotel, where a few collected their belongings and left. two of my new friends laid claims to places to crash and spent what was left of the night. And the bar tender? He stayed over as well, remaining the perfect gentleman--says he was just happy being in our company--I kept waiting for the "other shoe to drop," but it never did. So, if you are out there, Russell the bar tender, thanks again for helping me have an epic party!
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

I used to go to a support group it was an overwhelmingly positive experience the ladies made me feel welcome, and as a result my desire to be like them became so important