Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anyone ever meet up?

I would love to meet up with some area girls
    But so far no response

JAS

I'd love to meet up, but heeding the cautions of others, that's maybe NOT a good thing.
    I'm on Cape Cod.
    Not sure if that means "anything" in the big picture.
    I'm open to meet for friendly discrete conversation and chit-chat, but also, being realistic, I'm cautious as hell, as well.
    Caution and discreteness are 100% paramount!!!!
    But open...if that makes sense??

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have met up with many from this site and all have been awesome people.

Great to hear that Tracii!
    Thank you!!
    Good to know, and would love to meet and talk with others of sound mind!

Stephanie D, I'm meeting with a group from another site this week. Coincidentally on Cape Cod.
    Being cautious is a good thing. But sometimes just going for it, and pushing your boundaries a little isn't a bad thing either.
    The few groups I've met with are reputable, and I always make sure to research them first. As well as message the organizers if I have any questions. Those I've met from this site are all great people, and I consider friends.
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

I was in a support group and it was very nice. Then it got taken over by some new members who were very activist in thier desires. Nothing wrong with wanting to further our rights, but they actively alienated anyone who was in the least conservative. In the end our 200 member group was down to less than two dozen with the rest of us wondering what in the heck happened! I still went to the local lesbian bar for a while and had some amazing friends. Then work took me away for a long time and I just never recovered. It is now a priority.

Lindsey

We have a very nice social group here in DC, with a lot of girls in the Fredericksburg area. We usually have some girls that come from Virginia Beach, richmond, West Virginia, Baltimore and the Eastern Shore.

I always get dinged for advertising here, so I'll give you a hint. Go to meetup.com and search for LGBT in the DC area. When you find the one for trans girls in Northern Virginia, you found us.

There were over 40 girls plus a couple of SOs at out last big meetup right around Valentine's day.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I have met 2 people from this forum in person and both came to my place.

Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

I hAve met a few one or two from this forum. I have also been to support groups where I met many but we seldom did anything other than support group occasionally a bar after the meeting. I found most in the group were transition bound and I have no desire to go there.I have certainly met others in bars many were probably interested in sex which never happened. I have tried to reach out many times but never seem to get a responses. I would love to get together with others for a chat over coffee or a light lunch or even a drink. It seems many here and other places have trouble doing that and I am not sure why. Even a meet up in drap would be great. Just a girl chat in drab is fun. I have had several t friends over the years but they all seem to disperse after a while. It just seems to be the nature or our gam
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Im always looking to meet other crossdressers, Im in Boston. Feel free to message me

It was suggested I add my location to
    my profile . I did , still no response ?

JAS

When I first started going out en-femme in public, my preferred hangout was an LGBTQ nightclub in my neighborhood, which also had about six other CD/Trans ladies as regulars. One habitually sat at the end of the bar farthest from the dance floor. She would drink and socialize with those who approached her, but she did not ever dance, or even move around very much, due to medical issues she had with her legs. At the end of the bar closest to the dance floor, three other CD or Trans ladies usually gathered, and sat there and drank while socializing with each other. None of the four could pass very well, and none tried to do a female voice. But they were all happy and friendly enough. A few others came and went, but acted much the same.

I would join them occasionally for a drink and to chat, but I was more into dancing and socializing with a wider range of people. My goal from day one was to be seen, appreciated and accepted as a woman. Unlike the others, I did attempt to keep my voice and manerisms female. And while I did not yet pass all that well, I got a stronger degree of acceptance from the cisgender guys and gals there than the others seemed to get. And I got very strong acceptance from the lesbian ladies, who drew me into their social circles, accepting me as “one of them”. I did not see that acceptance by the lesbians happening with any of the other CD/Trans ladies.

Once, and only once, someone from these forums did encounter me there, at that club. She recognized me from my avatar and profile pics, and knew from my posts that I was likely to be there on a Friday or Saturday night. She made a point of looking for me. We chatted for a bit, but she was there with a friend that night, and I did not want to be a ‘third wheel’ to their evening out together. So I drifted back to my general socializing, and they danced solely with each other. Never saw either her or her friend there again.

I would usually chat with any of the other CD/Trans ladies that I encountered, there or elsewhere. Again, there was usually friendly banter. But I never really felt a connection with them. Not something like preferring their company over the general group of people there. I tended instead to hang out with the lesbian crowd, and made quite a few friends among them. I wasn’t adverse to attention from males, but if there was a lesbian lady interested in me, she tended to hook my attention.

When I moved from Texas to Oregon, much the same pattern evolved. I have met with and socialized with quite a few CD/Trans ladies, as well as several non-binary people. The majority of them seemed to socialize only with each other, while I was all over the place. I did take one non binary person out on a date, but that was a one-off event. I go to quite a few dances, and there are several other CD/Trans ladies who I count as friends, and who I socialize with if I happen to encounter them. Butvthe only one I ever coordinate with to go out and do things with is a trans woman who is, like me, an organizer in a Queer ladies social meetup group.

I have tried attending CD/Trans support groups, but again, I just did not feel much connection with them. I can pass quite well now, and I am much more interested in general socializing than in smaller groups of other CD/Trans people.
    Last edited by Ceera; 03-07-2019 at 02:25 PM.