Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone ever meet up?

Does anyone ever meet up?

Just curious of the number of us who have met other like minded dressers? Also how do you feel about it? I’ve met with other cross dressers and a few curious folks and always had good experiences. Normal or is this an exception? It’s hard, even scary to do but I have to say it was worth it.

For about 10 years I was active in a support group and it was very fun and rewarding.
    At first it was scary. Meeting someone else who dressed, the unknown aspects, the self-imposed doubts and fears were a double edged sword. I both wanted and needed to meet others yet was almost petrified to do so.

I'm just so glad I took that step and did. It freed me in ways I can't even express.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hi, I have met a few who like to dress but a lot of them want sex I just want to dress up and enjoy being me not the sex thing.but most of the ones I have met want the sex thing it scares me.i got raped once so I don't trust it so I don't meet others like me I want to but om scared be careful .Have a great day

Not yet but plan to. Thanks for the words of caution Krissy I will keep that in mind. I imagine you dont get much of that at support groups, well hopefully not anyway.

I've met with members on the forum and in a couple of groups that I have joined. Every experience has been fine, as far as looking for sex. I've only had 2 experiences where someone was looking, but I diverted the attempt and that was that. Of course in both cases it was in a club and alcohol was involved and they were both CDs.

Moderator Note

There are meeting guidelines in the "places to go places to meet" section of the forum.

I would suggest reading them before you meet someone.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have been out to countless T events and met maybe 500 T's over the years? In the few times I was "hit on" by T's it was a polite question if, "I were interested". Then, dropped forever after that!

T's r so much fun to be with because they know EXACTLY what u have gone thru!

On the other hand, the loudest, rudest comment about Sherry came from a T that could never pass!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    I have met a few ladies from here and we've always had a good time talking and sharing thoughts and experiences. Never had a problem, but as Shelly said "There are meeting guidelines in the "places to go places to meet" section of the forum,
    I would suggest reading them before you meet someone.
    ". I've never been hit on by any of them, we always met at a public place and it is great to know that we share so much. Like with any group there will be some that you have more in common with than others. Just be safe.

I've met up with many other crossdressers and the results are the same as meeting up with non crossdressers.....some are good and others not so good. Nowadays I just go solo whenever I go out.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have met 10 or so members from here and each time it was very nice.
    When I went to support group meetings it was fun and going out to dinner after the meetings was a blast.
    Too many in the group started to get too social justice warrior/ trans activist for me and quite hateful and it ruined the group for me so I don't go anymore.

I’ve met up with Elizabeth G a bunch of times for lunch in drab when work would bring her closer my way. I would like to meet with more possibly dressed. This could be the year! 363 more days to do something new, right?
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Silver Member
    Jocelyn, Your profile shows you have friended 179 forum ladies. That's wonderful, but how many actually live in your area? You might try reaching out to those sisters who are close to where you live. Worked for me.

Gold Member
    Yes, I belong to a "TG" group, we meet once a month, it is great to talk with some one like yourself.
    Rader

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Started out by attending a support group, befriending many and made one really good friend,fast forward to the last few years and have made wonderful friends we visit each others places,go out on the town or shopping together and attend Manchester Sparkle weekend, they are my dearest friends

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I have been to a couple of CDs meetings and was well accepted as a MIAD even though others were female emulators.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

I met a very diverse group at Keystone conference! Had a helicopter ride from a member here-my first!!! Had a member in the past try to PM me for sexual reasons but I reported them for unwanted advances! Thanks to the mods for taking care of that one! Just be safe! Best wishes! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Yes, I belong to a meetup group that meets every six weeks or so. I thoroughly enjoy the meet ups.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

There aren't any meetings in my area sadly as I think it could be a lot of fun . Although a friend of the wife's new partner is CDer and will be meeting him later in the month at a party .I'm not sure if I'll raise the subject with him though

Hi Lindseynrva, meeting up I came out in trans support group. Out of the sixty some odd girls I have met 80% of us are what they call part timers. The TG girls do seem to have their own circles but have never been condescending. Speaking in general I have found none of these girls to be overt about sexual encounters. They seem pretty much devoted to presenting the best side of there feminine selves. I all so have a drab lunch group that the wife and go to once a month. My point most of these girls are not Craig's list people and contrary to Society we are not all hanging out to molest little girls in bathrooms. So if get the chance pick safe place and go. Even a drab lunch can be a lot of fun.

I have met other like minded people, usually on my travels, there have been a couple from here as well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Never had the opportunity to meet anyone personally, or one on one, but I did have a chance to meet up with others while I was a member of a support group a few years ago. That was a great experience that I wouldn't mind repeating someday. As for a personal, or one on one meet up....maybe someday! It would be nice to have a friend or two who also enjoy dressing and would like to share some of the same interests from time to time.

I wish I could meet up with other Girls and give my support, It's quite difficult when we are so far apart though! It's a shame we can't all get together and hang out! SHAME!
    Love you all!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Banned Read only
    Lindsey,
    I'm out full time so anyone who wants to meet me is quite welcome .

I attend three social groups and meet up most Thursday evenings for coffee and late night shopping in an outlet centre . We are hoping to get some GNOs together . It can be hard and possibly scary at first , the way to look at it is we are TG PEOPLE not that differnt from most other's once you get use to the differnt dress style .
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-15-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Lindsey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindseynrva View Post
    It’s hard, even scary to do but I have to say it was worth it.
    Couldn't agree more. The first time was attending a social group before I started going freely out and about. Walking into the room where the meeting was taking place I felt like everyone was going to be looking at solely at me. Of course this wasn't the case and within minutes I was sat down chatting as if it was the most normal thing in the world. Over the years I've attended other groups while on my travels and met up with a few folks from here in the process.

Never felt threatened, never been hit on, always a very civil, social and enjoyable encounter.

I've written many times about how that first meeting changed my life. I gained the confidence from talking to others to go out and hit the shops (which I did the very next day). As pointed out you need to do your homework as to where and when you meet people. Follow those rules and you should be safe. If something feels wrong, then trust your senses and bow out.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Aspiring Member
    There is a very good chance I will have my first meet up in Feb and may get the chance to meet with another member who attends the same event. Nervous/excited would be the first two words I can think of.