Thread: Wife slowly coming around

Wife slowly coming around

Hello, I just wanted to share an update with regards to my wife and my situation. (Those who read My other post will know I have been struggling recently with strict limiations on dressing).

My wife brought up my dressing today, unprevoked, and said she would be ok with up with me going on a weekend out in another city with other dressers. This is a huge step forward and makes me feel great about the future, as prior to that it was always no to everything.

She even explained that her big fear was me wanting to go out on family days out as Maria (I.E transition) which is not what I want. But importantly she actually thought about it, worked out what scared her and thought of a solution she could cope with.

All this came about from good old fashioned communication, why didn't someone on here say thats all that was needed ;-)

Challenge now is not to get too excited, take it slow and respect her boundaries. Thanks all on here for supporting me recently.

Maria x
    Last edited by Di; 01-02-2019 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Forum business and you asked for it to be deleted

That's great news Maria - Congrats! You'll have to report back how this all plays out for you.

I'm happy for you Maria.
    Keep the lines of communication open, and take it slow. Your last two lines show that you understand that.
    But think about doing something special for her. If both partners in a marriage try to outdo each other with kindness, it can go a long way to holding the marriage together. She is showing her kindness. Don't forget to show yours.
    -Gracie

Hi Maria

So glad to hear that things are improving.

Communication and baby steps...

Good news, Maria. It sounds like you have good ideas on how to proceed. Your communication skills must have worked

Gold Member
    Great News; Yes go slowly, and keep with in the boundaries.
    My wife was OK with my dressing, but with cretin limits.
    All was well for over 19 years until she passed on.
    No I still keep her limits to some extent, out of my love and respect for her.
    GOOD LUCK.
    rader

Great news! My fingers are crossed for you both!
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

QUOTE: "
    All this came about from good old fashioned communication, why didn't someone on here say thats all that was needed ;-)"

Oh my why didn't this information come up sooner. Who would have guessed that honesty was acceptable?

Hope things for you and your wife continue to improve. Best wishes to you both.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Maria, I'm so happy to hear that your wife has come around a bit, or should I say a lot. I'd like the same for my wife. You've inspired me to approach her about going out with others of similar feminine spirit in a place far from where I live. Again...congrats!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

This is great news Maria. Time to visit NYC

Maria, I am so happy for you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thats good news so please its not a green light to do nothing but talk about womens clothes and how womanly you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by GracieRose View Post
    But think about doing something special for her. If both partners in a marriage try to outdo each other with kindness, it can go a long way to holding the marriage together. She is showing her kindness. Don't forget to show yours.
    -Gracie
    This!
    Maria,
    You just made a big draw on your emotional bank account with your wife. Start thinking of ways build it up again. She deserves that.

Your very lucky !! now go have fun

Maria,
    Your challenge is correct and let your wife lead more and use her suggestions where practical.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi Maria, always ask her permission. Remember to keep her in the loop. Never leave her with the feeling your sneaking around. If she has advice on you attire or makeup take it. She has been a girl a lot longer than you. Congratulations on the progress.

Keep talking to her - she seems to care for you a great deal

Thank you all for lovely comments.

Gracie what you said is a great idea, I will think of something.

Aunt Kelly, similar theme but you are both dead right.

Nikki if sharing this has given you some extra confidence then that is great.

Maria x

Reality Check
    Warning: Wives have been known to make a 180 degree turnaround on the subject of crossdressing. Be careful not to push her to this point. Keep your life balanced and never make it seem you are neglecting her or the family for the sake of crossdressing.
    Krisi

Thanks Krisi wise words. We had a lunch date today, no kids (rare) and my treat. I need to treat her more often and not just as a result of progression around cding.

I of course want to plan my first time out, which I have started to do, but for the time being I am not going to push things as they are going very well. Wife has brought up cding a few times recently and even offered me to dress while she is home, in diff room obviously. I was so happy I just wanted to be close and spent time with her instead.

Thinking about my first time out I realise I have so much to learn/buy first, and my old feelings of been trapped have switched to fear, so another reason not to rush. Honestly didn't think I was scared of going out until it became a possibility.

Maria x