Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD's when you're out, have you ever forgotten!?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question CD's when you're out, have you ever forgotten!?

That you were a T and dressed? I KNOW TS's and those of u that r out do.

But, what about u CD's who aren't out? Have u ever felt so at ease and comfortable at a vanilla venue that u forget how u were presenting?

I'm wondering because it happened to me on New Years. Maybe alcohol helped!
    But, I felt so comfortable with everyone there, (about 250 people), and was having so much fun I occasionally forgot!

Forgot I was wearing a long dress until I tripped on it. (That happened a lot. I destroyed the bottom of it).

Forgot I was wearing a mask. Many didn't notice but no one cared! Lot's of folks wore eye masks.

Forgot I'm 75 and most folks there were 1/2 my age!

And finally, forgot to feel nervous or worried about someone calling the MIAD, me, out!

Has something similar happened to u? It has to me often at many big T events. But, never an event where Cindi and I were the only dressers!
    Last edited by GretchenJ; 01-03-2019 at 10:12 AM. Reason: made OP requested changes
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I feel that I’m truly crossdressing when I'm so comfortable in my own skin I don’t even remember what I'm wearing.

Then I catch myself, and chuckle quietly. It’s a terrific feeling.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Being dressed has become a natural past time for me.

I forget all the time and do have to be cautious about my surroundings, when I remember. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    I'm going to say yes many time now . I felt it when sitting in the cimema , I was so engrossed in the film I had completely forgotten until my hand brushed my legs wearing tights and a skirt .

I'm out so much now and feel so comfortable that it no longer feels like crossdressing .

I guess letting your hair down at parties is wonderful , joining in the fun and dancing with some lovely girls, doing it in male mode feels like a distant memory , I've never had so much fun .

Reality Check
    I don't go out that often that I forget how I'm presenting. Even at home where I'm dressed several days per week, I don't forget and answer the door or take the puppy outside.
    Krisi

My heels always remind me LOL. I'm comfortable in what I wear so it becomes second nature.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Sherry,
    So nice of you to write my story, I couldn't have written it better. I'm out in SF (all over the city/restaurants, wine bars, clubs) a lot and have met so many people that are now really good friends. I've been invited to their Weddings, B-Day parties, etc. and always forget I'm dressed (my clothes budget has gone to hell) and they don't care and I wouldn't want it any other way.
    You're right and this is hard for those to understand that do not go out or only to TG friendly places, that people really don't care as long as you're pleasant and who knows what or where the conversation will go.
    Happy New Year,
    Rach
    " I love the life I live and I live the life I love"

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    I feel that I’m truly crossdressing when I'm so comfortable in my own skin I don’t even remember what I'm wearing.

Then I catch myself, and chuckle quietly. It’s a terrific feeling.
    I've had the same experience a few times, Patience.
    I get so wrapped up in shopping, or whatever I'm up to, that I'm not really aware that I am dressed. Then my bangs drop in front of my eyes and I flick them away or I glance down at something and notice my breasts. As I'm suddenly reminded of what I'm doing, I get such a happy feeling and feel so at peace with the world that I just want to shout with joy (but I don't 'cause I'm not looking to draw attention.)

At home this happens often enough. But when I am out it hasn't happened, but perhaps over time since I am still a little new to this.

Banned Read only
    Frankly Doc, when you are wearing a full body suit. I don't understand you how can even be worried about being called out or even clocked as a MIAD.

But I am often surprised by my reflection in the mirror when I am wearing makeup because I always forget I am wearing it.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 01-03-2019 at 03:42 PM.

No, I've never accidentally gone out dressed in girl clothes. The closest I've come was forgetting to take off my earrings, necklace, nail polish, or some make up. Mostly because when indoors, I'm almost always dressed as a girl, so it feels normal to be wearing those things. The bracelet moves around so that, I notice.
    I have ordered delivered food, and then forgetting that I'm all dressed up as a girl until the doorbell rings. But I've has plenty of experience in quick-changing back to my man uniform, the only thing showing usually being a very slight view of stockings between the bottoms of my pants and shoes.
    I have accidentally gone off to work with nail polish on, but I keep solvents in the car for just that type of emergency. Well, not THAT type of emergency, it's actually for working on the car, but just happens to be perfect for removing nail polish, too.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    The only forays I make into the wild is evening strolls. I'm a in-home dresser which is my preference. When out I am conscious of my attire; hosiery and heels, dress, all the proper undergarments, wig. My issue of going out is my height and bulk. There are not too many women who are six foot and 195-200 pounds. I know I would attract a serious glance if not more.

At home I am totally comfortable in my femme attire. I do not prance around the house or stand in front of a mirror trying on endless dresses. There's domestic chores to be done. Today is one of those days. Totally en femme while my wife is working a gig at a local school. I'd say it's "just" clothes, but, there is a mind set of tranquility.

I haven't forgotten I was dressed, but I have forgotten I was wearing makeup in drab or 50/50.

Several years ago I had gone to Merle Norman in (essentially) drab. The owner knew me and offered to do my makeup with the new holiday colors. I was planning to go back home, so I did it. Right when I left I got a work call and drove around while I talked on the phone and ended up driving mindlessly for quite a while. While doing so, I completely forgot I was wearing makeup. I had something in my car to return to Sam's, so I went in to take care of that. This was a Sam's I was in at least once a week. Often enough that a couple of employees knew me by name. Also, probably a third of the time I'd see somebody I knew. The girl at the return desk was one of the ones who knew me by name. I took care of business there and then shopped around for a while. Thankfully I didn't see anybody I knew (other than the SA). Some time on the way home I realized what I had done. I still see that same SA at Sam's all the time. She's never mentioned it.

With how annoying long hair is, it's impossible to forget!

Don't get me wrong. Long hair is definitely pretty and fun, but I definitely couldn't deal with it 24/7. ^^;

Periwinkle: My long hair makes me feel feminine 24/7... So it's difficult to imagine that I don't feel like one!

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I don't go all out but I wear panties 24/7 and women's jeans about half the time. I currently work in a retail environment selling, let's say, domestic products for the kitchen. I occasionally forget reaching, lifting, loading and unloading trucks, that my shirt might be riding up and exposing a lace waistband. No one's ever said anything and I honestly don't care at this point.
    Life is too short to be boring.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    With the highly realistic feel and appearance of silicone breast prosthesis as of late, I've enjoyed the natural feel and balance of spending days on end wonderfully braless.
    It feels so natural, I very happily forget. If I were single and retired, I would seriously consider implants.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I've caught myself on more than one occasion calmly trying to walk into a men's
    room while dressed. And while in drab mode, hesitating before I walked into a
    men's room to double check how I was presenting...
    paula

Silver Member
    Sherry, at home, all the time. I don't even think about my dressing, its so natural. At Diva Las Vegas, I was en femme 24/7 and never thought about it, even when having a conversation with a 'normal'. But what I remember most was the dinner I had with you, Cindi and my then mentor, and there was a young couple with two young boys at the table next to us which was about 20" away. I was so relaxed and my being there just felt so right. I was just me!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    It has Happened the other way about,after a weekend away presenting as female I returned home,took family out to the Cinema,went to the mens room,only to wander into the Ladies, Doh!

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Aspiring Member
    The human mind has an amazing capacity to forget and ignore things that it considers commonplace. That is probably a good thing. Without that capacity, we would hit sensory overload all the time.

That ability to ignore the commonplace is why I do not wear perfume. I love fragrances--I even buy plants for my garden based solely on fragrance. I could swoon at a well stocked perfume counter, but I will not wear a fragrance. If I did wear a fragrance, I would soon be unable to detect it easily. That will lead to trouble because my wife, who despises crossdressing, would be able to detect a fragrant clue that I could not.

All the time! Sherry! Most often when I’m out shopping, I forget I’m dressed until I hand over my ID for whatever and the clerk does a double-take.

As an underdresser it's easy to not think about. But I find myself frequently remembering which panties I have on, and which bra. Each time is like a little jolt of confidence, in that not all males are secure enough in who they are to wear pretty and lacy underwear to work everyday.

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    I have found that I walk very fast as a male and when dressed and comfortable I have to tell myself to slow down. Also I tend to bend over showing the bottom end in a short skirt instead of squatting down.

Banned Read only
    YES and NO, I enjoy being conscious in public knowing I am wearing women's clothing especially bras, thongs, forms, tight jeans and heeled booties. But then it just becomes becomes normal and comfortable and I forget how I am presenting.