Thread: Wonderful day out !

Banned Read only

Wonderful day out !

Lydianne asked what our first outing would be in the New Year , mine happened purley by chance . My wife had bought tickets for my daughter, granddaughter and my daughter's mother in law to go to a pantomime .

For those not familiar with the UK and the pantomime season around Xmas and New Year it's a very lighthearted song and dance show based normally round a Fairy Story , there is normally a guy dressed as a dame to add to the fun mix, the audience are encouraged to participate by shouting the old stock sayings so familiar with pantos . This particular show was a special for kids , my granddaughter is mildly autistic .

After the hiatus of me doing the Xmas meal as Teresa for my daughter and family , my wife decided she couldn't face coming to my new home town to see the show, besides she now says she's been humiliated because they are accepting me as Teresa , so I was asked if I wanted to take her place . I accepted without hesitation but then asked did they mind how I was dressed but again they said it wasn't a problem . I knew this would be another big step for me , while I've stated nothing is off limits in my new home town but the show started at 2.00pm so in was in broad daylight in the center of the town and the age groups ranged from young children to fairly old grandparents . So on our arrival we parked up and the four of us made our way into the Guldhall where the show was being staged we were guided to our seats , so far I hadn't had a single out of place look .

The show got underway , it was so lovely to see my granddaughter understand what was going on and joining in with the clapping and singing , I nearly had tears of joy because it's only a short while that her speech has come back since the age of 14 months . The interval came and it was decided ice creams all round so I set off down through the crowded auditorium and into the crowded refreshment area , I chatted with other famillies and then chose the ice creams . The second half of the show really let rip and everyone was singing , shouting and clapping , I really enjoyed myself it felt so good to be so comfortable and accepted . I'm so grateful my wife did give up her ticket , sadly through her lack of acceptance she missed a lovely moment with her granddaughter .

Personally I couldn't have wished for anything more , part of my family are so comfortable with me as Teresa , I integrated so completely into the very mixed group of people . What more could I ask for on my first outing in 2019 !
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-03-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Teesa
    Your trip sounds absolutely brilliant. So accepting for you, and I am glad your grand-daughter enjoy it so much.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Sounds wonderful indeed - your daughter is a very special person

So glad it was a really good time for you.

I found your post very touching Teresa.

I do hope it continues for you and maybe one day your wife may see what she is missing out on and the relationship may soften a bit.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

So glad all worked out for the good! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    Bev ,

I'm so glad I didn't chicken out , the look on my daughter's face when she looked across at me said it all .

Hard to say as I'm getting the divorce started soon . Underneath she know's the mistakes she's made , nothing I can do about her mule headed stubborness ! At least now I can't say I didn't try .

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Lydianne asked what our first outing would be in the New Year.
    Oooohhhh!.. noooo!..., she didn't! .

Just kidding .

Excellent outing! Your go out has been spiritually penciled in from the time of my op, and has since been officially logged and graphed .

A great day, but a pity about your estranged wife. The humiliation that she cited is because she put herself into a position where your acceptance could reflect negatively upon how she dealt with you. With a more matter-of-fact approach with you, who knows? For sure, it's difficult to do in the middle of a separation, but it's possible because you did it. Worth the restraint to minimise humiliation on both sides, I think.

But this ain't about that. Great outing! .

- Lydianne,.

Banned Read only
    Lydianne,

This could go on all day , and then were the shouts of " Look behind you !" Shame I didn't because the ice cream seller had followed me into the auditorium !

It was nice to add a lovely story to your thread ., thanks for your lovely comments .