Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are You the Chef or Cook?

I love cooking, baking and grilling!
    Now on HRT my taste and culinary preferences had change more towards my wife preferences too so she's happy that now I understand her more.
    I was always the guy, in our group of friends, baking some pastry, sweet things and some salty as empanadas but on HRT I developed a better smell sense and taste too. My wife never was a fan of cooking so in whatever complicated dish I had to add my advice but she was the cook. Now she enjoys, on weekdays, if I'm at lunch time I cook. Weekends I'm the cook, do dishes, etc wife just rest and relax, dressed or in drab if some family present.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

My wife loves to cook. However, she is not very good at it! I used to call her "Queen of Brown Food" as this was the color of virtually everything - yet she insists on doing the major part of meal prep.
    I have always liked to cook ( I have been cooking in Chili Cook-off competitions for more than 35 years.) and I have been teaching her better methods to prepare our meals.

A short non-sequitur that I would like to relate, is a story told to me by a good friend ---
    My friend's Father once said to him - "Son, I used to think that your Mother was a good cook. Until I joined the Army!"

I am an eater! I only cook when in survival mode when my quick meals are really unappealing and I do not feel like going out. However, that usually requires some pre-planning and purchasing, which I really do not like to do since I let more food spoil than I cook!

PS: I can prepare the whole fancy (family style) USA Thanksgiving dinner with roast turkey, with stuffing inside the bird, mash potatoes and homemade gravy, sweet yams, fruit salad, green bean casserole and whatever else we may have. However, at the end of all that, starting very early in the day, I am very tired when we all sit down to eat and I enjoy it a lot less. Then when cooking for one, it takes it only takes a few short minutes to eat what took so long to prepare and cook, then the clean up sometimes seems like it takes even longer!
    Last edited by AllieSF; 01-21-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Allie I hear you about the precooking times verses the eating time.
    This thanksgiving I ate alone.
    I fixed a 1 lb caned ham with pineapple rings and cherry haves attached with whole cloves and brown sugar glaze, a can of sweet potatoes in a baking dish with marshmallows , a can of jellied Cranberry sauce, HOME MADE (from scratch) biscuits, D dish of long beans and corn. No desert. Some is still in the freezer. It took me hours to fix everything and 1 1/2 hours to do the clean-up. and only 30 min to slowly eat and enjoy what I fixed along with a glass of white wine.
    It was the first time my biscuts came out light and fluffy and not hockey pucks.

Normally there would be a clan gathering but we did that on the Sunday before. No I did not dress for the occasion.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 01-22-2019 at 01:41 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I prepare a lot of edible food, not all very healthy but tasty all the same.

I studied Physics and Chemistry at school and University, I apply this theory to all my food preparation.

No one has died of food poisoning from any of my food preparation yet. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am getting ready to prepare a banana nut bread from scratch.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Aspiring Member
    I am an excellent cook. Far better than any girlfriend or wife I've ever had, and not one of them would deny it.
    I've never had a lesson in my life - totally self taught, yet I can open the cupboards and fridge and come up with a great meal from whatever is there.

So in our house, I cook at least 4 out of 7 days per week.

I don't usually get the chance to cook while dressed, though.

I cook quite often while dressed. I use it as an opportunity to try out clothes or shoes or whatever to see how it feels moving in them without having to think about it.

It's remarkable how much you have to change how you do everything wearing high heels though. I wasn't ready for how far I suddenly was away from the counter top on one hand, but on the other thankful I didn't need a stool to reach the ingredients I needed on the top shelf.