Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are You the Chef or Cook?

Joni I don't like BBQ so I never do that. Bake from box or scratch, I do both. Nuke only when I am in a hurry or feeling lazy. I like to use the pressure cooker. Once even tried to made a cake in it, what a mess. I was supposed to use a "Slow Cooker'. I'll stick to the oven for making a cake, thank you!
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I probably do 75% of the cooking and washing up I've never done it enfem .But I have dressed up when I'm cleaning the house and love it . And I'm going to try and bake a cake tomorrow been on my todo list for a long time

The avvy pic isn't me
    I got tired of eating out (not to mention broke) early on in life and since I also like good food, I taught myself to cook decently in my 20s.
    I also find it to be an escape of sorts; I actually do enjoy it! I was the chief cook and bottle washer in my second marriage; she being the Oscar to my Felix.

My gender identity, I don't think ever really played any part in it and no, the pots and pans, or stove top doesn't know any better, so the food tastes the same regardless of how i'm dressed. whilst cooking. I also grew up the youngest of 4 sons and we all had to help with cleaning house, it seemed to stick with me.

Cass

Banned Read only
    I love to cook and bake. There are dishes I make which my wife will not attempt. And, the reverse is true also. If I have the opportunity my meal preparation is done en femme; dress, hosiery and heels, a la June Cleaver.

As I live alone, I have to be the cook. While I have the basic skills to make various fancy foods (cakes, pastries, all sorts of things but NO seafood as I don't like it), for myself I just make stuff that a short order cook does, because that's the type of food that I mostly prefer; simple.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Sous Chef with many, many years experience (40+)

Aspiring Member
    I'm no Gordon ramsay, so I have to say i'm a cook.

In our household, I do most of the cooking, but to balance out my wife cleans up afterwards so it is fair.

I do minor cooking in Wendy mode, I stop when I have to grill/fry anything as I don't want Wendy's clothes smelling like fried food.

I am a cook. We split 50/50 on cook9

I do a bit of cooking. Being retired there is a lot more sharing of the household duties. Between me and my wife its probably 50/50. Funny though, we have different cooking styles. My wife is very much a strictly by the recipie type cook. I'm more of the opinion that a recipe is a suggestion.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    Yes, being divorced and having raised a son by myself I cook. Just tonight I have made grilled cheese to go with homemade tomato soup, six quarts of homemade cranberry juice, wedding cake cookies, and now stuffing for additions to dinner the next few days. I enjoy cooking.

Yes I have custody of my 3 sons from a previous marriage so I had to for years, now between my wife and I, we have 4 kids. I actually love to cook and everyone who eats my food loves it, just wish I could cook dressed, but when i told my wife about wanting to dress back in October one of her biggest rules/concerns, was not in front of the kids

I do most of the cooking and most days I can do it dressed and change before she gets home works for me
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Yes, i am the cook and enjoy it. I always wear an apron tho, don't wanna splash food on my best fem clothes.
    We have an arrangement where i cook dinner six nights of the week. In principle my wife cooks on the remaining night, which in practice means we go to the fish shop or the chop suey bar once a week....
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Silver Member
    I do 90 percent of the cooking. Have for 30 years. I do not cook enfem much. Maybe a snack or something simple.

First, I wouldn't want to ruin my clothes with spills and spatters. Secondly, heat from the stove or oven can damage your wig. Third, heck the phone is hard enough with nails. Fourth, I spent all that time doing my makeup, why ruin it sweating or splashes. Finally, dressing up time is for other activities like going out on the town. Beside, my wife doesn't like to hang with Meghan.

When my SD and I met, in the late '60s, she was a fantastic cook, but by the mid '90s she had forgotten a lot due to incipient Alzheimers,something that wasn't diagnosed for another 10 years. We always had split the cooking as I had always paid attention to what my mom did in the kitchen and she was a great cook and baker. As my SO's condition worsened, I became the primary cook. Good, plain food, soups, stews, roasts, a pretty mean lasagna, pies (good, but nowhere close to my mom's) and pretty much anything I turned my hand to. My SO's been gone for nearly 8 years and I'm the only cook, but cooking is kind of a drag when there's no one else there to appreciate it.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Aspiring Member
    I don't mind cooking, but I don't make a point of doing it. We usually make some sort of something that will last a few days so we aren't cooking everyday. A big bowl of salad will last for a few days. Crockpot meal, or pot of spaghetti or macaroni, maybe ham, that sort of stuff. I usually like to "throw it together" and not make a production of it, better things to do. I should add I do at least 1/2 of the cooking and often help with the rest. Most of the time I dress at least to some extent and it makes cooking more fun or interesting. Sherrii
    Last edited by Sherrii; 01-11-2019 at 09:16 AM.

I am both the Chef and a cook in our household. Sometimes everyone wants an elaborate meal, and I can spend the better part of a day prepping and cooking, and other times, its just "can we have mac & cheese please" and I get outvoted.

you are so lucky to have anyone to "out vote you". I am assuming that you do not cook dressed.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Cook who is learning to be a chef

I first started cooking and helping my mother in the house when I was in my teens, just after WWII. My father was badly wounded during the war and we provided meals for tradesmen for some extra money. I didn't dress as a girl in those days but always wore one of my mother's aprons.
    Now I do all the cooking and housework because my wife has health problems. I dress in skirts and tops during the day and for the evening change into a dress. This is what makes it easier for me to be in charge of the house, it is not saying housework is women's work, it is our way of coping with changing circumstances.

Yes, because it is very expensive to go out around here, and not everyplace is accepting of tgirls. Or maybe not go out at all. So I've often cooked for dates, though I have no special talent.

Usually I try to get them to drink enough wine that they like the food....

Definitely more towards a chef I do all my own cooking and often with my gf. It's fun doing something together in the kitchen.

I'm a COOK!
    Give me any food types and I will make a meal from it! In the soup kitchen where I work I'm the number 2 by choice as I can pick up on chefs mistakes and fix them before they hit the plate! That's in m/f mode!

At home I was quite Girly in the kitchen, that's lost at present though!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

My wife does the grocery shopping (I help) plans the meals. She's the chef, I'm the bottle washer. lol I help where I can, especially with the BBQ. When needed, I can carry out the basics in order to feed myself.

Karen

I've always enjoyed cooking, though it's always in male clothing. My wife and I generally split cooking duties and other chores.

I've fantasized about cooking a meal in a 50's style dress and make up.

Katy