Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are Cross-Dressers Normal People?

The total population of humanity is diverse. I think that has been established for some time. That diversity is based on many criteria, so what is normal is variable and changeable. But normal is an illusion unless it is considered to be the middle 67% of a "normal distribution" which is defined by graphing selected criteria rather than all possible criteria So, "normal" seems to be similar to "common" in some respects.

But does that mean all those on the wings of the bell-shaped curve automatically become abnormal? Not at all. They are just variations on the middle 67%. As many psychologists are beginning to recognize, thanks to the work of behavioral geneticists, "abnormal is normal" in that what is commonly thought of as abnormal is just that which is closer to the ends of a normal distribution curve. There are exceptions of course, but not many. One of the important aspects appears to be whether the behavior is detrimental to others. That brings in ethics and morals. And that gets really messy. But the fact is, with respect to our behavioral and psychological patterns, on the average, 50% of that behavior is either genetic or it has its roots in genetic. So, the diversity of humanity is largely due to genetics and not environment and learning. In short, some of us are necessarily different in ways that other people are not and there isn't much anyone can do about it.

Judy, you are as normal as could be except with regard to one criterion. You have the ability to put on women's clothing, makeup and all that and become a drop dead gorgeous woman. That is a gift! It is different, but it is not abnormal anymore than having an IQ of 200 is abnormal or, for that matter, and IQ of 50. But being different in one criterion that does absolutely no harm to anyone does not make someone abnormal. Anyone who thinks that is probably toxic and judgmental.

Judy, Normal is a relative term and therefore cannot be used as a bench mark. Therefore, I am more normal than some and less normal than others.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Oh Judy, this thread is such a tease. Just the word normal is intrinsically funny. A fixed evaluation that has an infinite range of definition.
    I know that having very female breasts is my normal zone. Warm, bouncy and delightful. Normal.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    SOME of us are and some of us are NOT------It depends upon WHY we cross-dress. Cross dressing is symptomatic of a wide range of environmental and psychological conditions, preferences and objectives--- no one "cause". We have US "normal" folks, and we have people like "Norman Bates" too.

Normal people aren't even normal!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Silver Member
    Judy,

It all depends. I am sure in some aspects of your life you are "normal" and others you are not. As has been mentioned, normality is a bell curve distribution. But even the tails fall within the distribution. Outliers are due to special causes. So many engineers, scientists and even financial analyst here, this should be well understood.

However a human is not defined by a single variable. We are seriously multivariate creatures. So you can be normal in one aspect (gosh who doesn't like pizza) but not in another (I irrationally abhor mayonnaise).

So Judy, the answer is yes and no, but maybe you need to get over your lack of normality. Constantly comparing your self to others can lead to depression and unhappiness.
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 01-04-2019 at 08:53 AM.

Banned Read only
    Judy I get what you are saying, tucking up inside that on most men hang down, wearing a skimpy thong designed for no package, a bra with nothing natural to put in it. But doing this compared to driving a race car at 200 MPH, I would say we are more normal than the driver.

Reality Check
    It's not considered "normal" for men to wear fake boobs, fake butts and fake hair and dress up in women's clothes so in that sense you're not "normal". On the other hand, we are all different to some extent so what exactly is "normal"?

My suggestion - Don't worry about it.
    Krisi

We are as normal as any other group. We just don't entirely fit the societal mold which to me is very boring anyway, so who cares, just be yourself!

Nornalcy is a big broad tent and yes you fit inside it. The word normal does not work in human affairs as humankind just contains a huge variety.

Here is what I find is normal among crossdressers. I believe people who crossdress come from a clear cross section of normal people in society. That is all types of people have the desire to crossdress. white collar, blue collar and no collar workers. School Teachers, Police, Doctors and Truck Drivers and Carpenters for example. So from the perspective that anyone can be a crossdresser it appears to me that we are as normal as people in society who have a desire to jump out of airplanes (skydivers) or climb up steep rocks free style.

Is it OK to say I am normal ………...except for....????
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The world is a tuxedo and I am a pair of brown shoes.

I’m pretty un-normal, I drive a hd diesel truck, I weld, I love my children, I love my wife, I pay my bills on time, I crossdress...
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

I have to agree with many of the comments. I don't know what "Normal" really is to a person. I feel I am perfectly normal probably more so now than I use to because of these types of websites and the "Normal" people on them.

Platinum Member
    Not entirely...certainly not average. A friend of mine is a counselor. He often says that ‘everybody has something’. I suppose part of what made many of us so self conscious, even self loathing, was the adolescent notion that we, individually, were the only ones who had “something”.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Perhaps we are a normal variation on normal

Since I haven't killed anyone yet, I do consider myself normal. However I do consider myself being a little different "with a special set of skills".

Genderblur Francene Lola Dupree's Avatar
    I'm definitely NOT normal, and i strive to ensure that i stay that way.

I'm fortunate that my parents followed the advice of Friedrich Nietzsche;

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently"

I am me, nothing else, and i make no apologies for that

xXx

Aspiring Member
    I am kind and loving, generous and helpful. I am a team player. I have never been in trouble with the law. I keep my wife happy. I am well educated. I am a good employee and always strive to please my boss. However I don't consider myself normal.

Being a crossdresser doesn't make me a bad person, or a mentally ill person. It only means that I can find comfort and happiness in crossdressing. If that means we aren't normal, then maybe we should consider ourselves extraordinary.

Aspiring Member
    I don't fit any molds/stereotypes.

I'm of Korean descent, but I don't speak Korean.
    I'm a DIY'er, I have fixed small electronics, appliances, home remodel, welding, auto mechanical and body repair.
    I'm an evangelical, who supports the right for women to choose
    I have voted both Republican and Democrat
    I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock-n-roll

I consider myself sane and rational, but normal...no.
    Last edited by char GG; 01-04-2019 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Editing out references to weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by abbiedrake View Post
    Besides, as my good lady says, normal's just a setting on the drier. But then she's wrong. I checked. It isn't. 😄
    In so many ways, I do not want to be normal. How boring would that be!

Oh, I have always liked that line about normal only being a setting on a dryer. In fact I use that line quite often with friends and family. I just checked mine and sure enough, that's all it is!

IMG_1882.jpg
    Last edited by Traci H; 01-06-2019 at 12:08 PM.

What's normal????? I do everything a so-called "normal" person does. The type of clothing I wear while doing "normal" things shouldn't mean a thing.

Me? Not even close.

Aspiring Member
    Without a definition of normal, it's pretty hard to say who/what normal is.

I will say this though: do not confuse "conformist" with "normal".

Am I normal? I hope not! I like being me. It is others that cant stand me because I don't fit into their "ME and MINE" mold.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.