Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Cross-Dressers Normal People?

Are Cross-Dressers Normal People?

I've done electronic design and repair, carpentry, automotive repair, but I like to dress as a woman one an a while! Am I normal?
    Are you normal?
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

What's normal for you may not be for the next person . And honestly who would want to be normal ? Whatever that may be lol

Judy, Don’t worry, you’re normal, we’re all normal. It’s the guys who don’t cross dress that are sort of odd to me.
    Crissy

What even is normal? I'm always aspiring for self-improvement, and being helpful to others. I'm not a perfect person, but I try. I'm an artist. I write, I draw, I sing, and I love fashion. I certainly don't fit into the box society tries to put all of us in, and maybe you don't entirely either, but that is never a bad thing. And no one should ever make you feel like it is.

Normal no. I would classify normal as the majority. Are we special hell yes. Lol.

normal compared to what ?
    who gets to decide what normal is ?
    if its is the government then every one is abnormal !

Normal... Now there's a loaded term. Georgia illustrates the problem; everybody thinks that their gauge is the right one. Of course, each of those gauges are skewed by education, local culture and of course, politics and religion. What most people don't understand is that normal and average are not the same thing at all. Average is what most of us look like, act like, eat, drink, wear... Normal, on the other hand, is a spectrum, a measurable distribution of skin color, eye color, hair color, IQ's, tastes, and... behaviors. A certain percentage of a given population will be gifted (artstically, intellectually), or red heads, or ...transgender. Always. Yes, we are outliers, far from "average", but we are also unquestionably normal.

Banned Read only
    Well as others have said normal is in the eye of the beholder, but I can tell you this besides liking to dress like a woman, we seem to have a lot in common like careers...

So I would say you are as normal as I am. ;p
    Last edited by Robertacd; 01-04-2019 at 09:29 AM.

I consider myself a normal person working in a blue collar industrial environment, and living in general suburbia, and like all normal people, have a hobby. My hobby happens to be crossdressing, which, while maybe not typical, is interesting and enjoyable. exactly what a hobby should be.

It is perfectly possible to be normal without having to be ordinary.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I cannot remember the wise person who originally said it, but the quote was "You can be absolutely anything in life that you want to be, just don't be dull and boring".

Yes, quite normal.
    I'm avionics, enjoy wood and metal working, painting, panel beating, parachuting, sowing and skiing, handcraft and hang gliding, cooking and rock climbing etc etc

I recently got dumped by a potential girlfriend who said I am not normal. But if you look at her bigoted, narrow minded world, you can easily see that she is the one who is not normal.

Normal is a relative term. If you take the average of the whole world, then yes, we are normal.
    My favorite dress is a Dirndl.

Why be normal?

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Normal is conforming to a standard, regular, or usual, way within a society. The problem is that what is "normal" in one society is not necessarily "normal" in another society. So who's standard do you want to be compared to??? Certain forms of violence are getting normal in one part of the world, but not another. My normal is to love, and accept people. To be loved, and accepted regardless of my traits, quirks and CD'ing habits. We all need to put down our gavel, take off our robe, stop judging one another and start loving one another! You are normal, it's society that is a half a bubble off of plumb.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Judy,
    You are as normal as the rest of us crazy mixed up bunch that goes to make this forum the interesting place that it is.

A question, "Is the big hairy chested, testosterone charged and bearded control freak that makes his wife's life hard considered normal?"

I bet he thinks he is. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Normal is 98.6 degrees for humans and sweat running down places you don't like in the summer.
    Aircraft engineer, like to burn things on the stove and sew all my own clothes and I think I look better as girl than I ever did as I guy. But Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Honored to meet all you way most better than normal girls!

Normal can be boring - everyone is unique and should strive to be happy (whatever that means)

Is it 'normal' in the sense of 'the usual state of being'? I'd say no in most contexts.

Is it 'natural' in the sense of 'this is a standard variation of human behavior'? I'd say yes. People have been crossdressing for one reason or another for thousands of years.

I consider crossdressing, and the underlaying subtext of wrestling with gender as one aspect of the never ending quest for 'self'. For every ten crossdressers there are probably twenty different reasons for doing it, each reason a slightly different shade of the uniqueness that is the individual, and each expression of it a small part of the great compilation that is humanity. Viva la differences in humanity! What a boring world it would be otherwise.

Am I 'normal'? No, not in the 'clinical' sense of the world. Am I a 'natural' person who revels in my own path and how that relates to the rest of creation? Yes! And I am so grateful for it. All of it!

Hell-o Judy,

The way I see it there are only a few options to choose from...
    • Normal
    • Abnormal
    • Paranornal
    Am I normal? I suppose that’d be my preferred option.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I think we are more normal that what we perceive. We just express are selves more.....I bet in the right setting and stimuli you can get someone wear an article of clothing.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Everyone's normal is different. For example if I came home and found my husband wearing a flannel shirt and wrangler jeans doing yard work I'd say "wtf is going on, this is weird. But coming home and seeing him wearing yoga pants and a cami skateboarding in our empty pool, I wouldn't even think twice about it.

This question presupposes that CDs are a homogenous bloc, which we're clearly not. People who sneer at those CDs for whom CDing is a sexual fetish, well, I find their intolerance intolerably (irony intended).
    I guess that's the crux of it for me. Any behaviour that results in no harm to others should be allowed to be normalised and respected, odd as it may be. I mean there are enough behaviours that do harm others than we could fixate on and fix first.
    Besides, as my good lady says, normal's just a setting on the drier. But then she's wrong. I checked. It isn't. 😄

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    The term " Normal " could be reworded as socially acceptable , that gets round the question of what is normal .

I feel now after a year of dressing everyday and going about my normal chores and errands that I'm not crossdressing anymore , I feel so comfortable it feels normal ( socially accepted ) .

OK you have the DADT situation to deal with and all the comments , some of which claim you're not normal , it's weird to wear women's clothes ! I hope you get to the point where where they aren't women's clothes but yours , to quote Eddie Izzard . I must admit it's a wonderful situation to reach , I now shop for Teresa not a crossdresser .

In my thread " A wonderful day out " feeling normal really did come home to me .
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-04-2019 at 06:12 AM.

Aspiring Member
    I am far from normal. "Normal" people are boring.

Sara