Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are Cross-Dressers Normal People?

All humans are a bit crazy, or very crazy. All we like sheep have also gone astray. One day at a time on a planet held captive. I have been a gravedigger, military, sensitive, but blue collar conservative in most things,outdoorsy old bachelor, but have had a mental compulsion to occasionally dress up, as the woman of my dreams now and then. Not very common .
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 01-04-2019 at 07:04 PM.

At last I checked, I was. But then, I did climb aboard my big scoot today and took a 40 mile ride. The temp was hovering around 50, I went because I could.

I'd like to believe that we think out of the box. We choose to do things that most men wouldn't. I'd expect that we are more inventive. Unique solutions would be more likely to come from us. Are we smarter than the average bear? Perhaps.

Some years ago. I was in a Flickr group. A question came up about what we did for a living. It was rather surprising, that a good many members were in positions of management, engineering, skilled labor, tradesmen, and such. And toss in a fair share of doctors, lawyers, brokers, ect. Put aside our inclinations, we may have people in here with some pretty impressive resumes.

Are we normal? No, I'm inclined to believe we're above normal.
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

No you are not normal. Normal people don't do both electronic design and carpentry.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

A really simple answer - YES!!!

Traci H: Oh, I have always like that line about normal only being a setting on a dryer. In fact I use that line quite often with friends and family. I just checked mine and sure enough, that's all it is!
    But then again, that dryer also offers the choices of "Delicate" and even "Super Delicate".
    I prefer those settings to "Normal" on most days.
    And other times, "Heavy Duty" fits best 😏

Banned Read only
    Sometimes the abnormal becomes the normal. That's not necessarily a good thing. Look at Washington, D.C. Me? I do not like single word all inclusive descriptions. I like to express myself in sentences and paragraphs.

Well, not really. After all, we're doing something that goes against our own self interest when it comes to continuing our own genetic line, in that we're intentionally making ourselves into something attractive to other males instead of females, and even though we know that, we still do it. And that isn't normal for any species.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    Lexi,

Now that I've had children, it ok since I've done my duty????

I get what you are saying, but I think your staying close to the hyperbolic line. Ooooh more fun with math. First statistical distributions, now conical sections. Who knew participating in a crossdressing forum could be so educational!

I live full time as a woman - I am absolutly normal because a. It hurst no one and b. it is who i am.

Once in a while, I will think to myself, "Why can't you be normal?" Then I look around and see all these "normal" people around me and I realize that I wouldn't want to be any of them because, to me, they are not normal.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Great answer Sherry and you are so right. ITs hard to define normal when we look at what is stated as "normal" by others.

I think you would have to determine what normal was, but I think there are various normals. We all have our own normal so if you are happy in your own skin go with. Well if it not harmful to some one you care about.

Again, WRT gender identity specifically, we are normal. We are part of that subset of humanity that makes up that normal distribution of gender identity across the population. Not average - normal.

Absolutely. Normal is a bell curve. Everybody on the curve is normal. We may not be within two standard deviations of the mean, but we are absolutely normal.

Quote Originally Posted by chelyann View Post
    normal compared to what ?
    who gets to decide what normal is ?
    if its is the government then every one is abnormal !
    That the formal definition of normal anyway, which is either crazy since that implies all minority people are abnormal. However that actually means it's normal to be outside of the majority since it's a natural occurrence.

I believe the percentage of CD or trans people is actually quite high in the world, high enough to be known be practical all adults in the world, which I interpret to mean a normal minority group. As normal as, say a Chinese person in a UK city, as normal as finding a post office in a town centre, which is pretty much expected, even if they are disguised as corner shops or something else.

What's normal to me may not be to you. For instance, in our house, I wear more makeup than my wife and for us that's normal. Yours may differ but in the end, it's all up to you as to what's "Normal".
    Be Yourself, And Be Fabulous While Doing it!

I have been accused of being many things in my life but normal isn't one of them. I can be sugar and spice and everything nice one minute and the biggest a**hole in the world the next. No I'm not normal but I enjoy my life so who cares.

The avvy pic isn't me
    I was gonna be flippant and say the line about normal being a setting on a dryer, but someone beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    Normal, on the other hand, is a spectrum, a measurable distribution of skin color, eye color, hair color, IQ's, tastes, and... behaviors. A certain percentage of a given population will be gifted (artstically, intellectually), or red heads, or ...transgender. Always. Yes, we are outliers, far from "average", but we are also unquestionably normal.
    But I really like this, thanx Kelly.
    Cass

While each of us is different, what is normal for you is normal, and what's normal for me is normal.

If everything was considered normal, just because it spans the occurrences in and of every species, then no one would be treated for mental or physical illness, because everything is normal. Broken leg? That's normal. Psychotic? That's normal. Catatonic? That's normal, ignore him. Wearing a deep sea diving suit with that big metal helmet while going to class in a lecture hall? Normal. Walking on your hands down the street in the snow? OH, that's normal. Eating dirt? Normal. Shocking animals with electricity? Normal. Normal. Jumping on a pogo stick in an elevator? Normal. Pooping in your pants when you're on a public transport bus? Oh, that's normal. Salmonella in your food? Normal. Picking you nose during an interview? Normal.

We use the term 'normal' for generally accepted common behavior and occurrences. If you're suddenly going to use the word normal as applicable to describe every type of everything, then we have a problem.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 01-06-2019 at 06:30 AM. Reason: some things are not allowed
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Snip - -
    We use the term 'normal' for generally accepted common behavior and occurrences. If you're suddenly going to use the word normal as applicable to describe every type of everything, then we have a problem.
    Where is that a problem, That is Just Normal to have problems.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    If everything was considered normal, just because it spans the occurrences in and of every species, then no one would be treated for mental or physical illness, because everything is normal. Broken leg? That's normal. Psychotic? That's normal. Catatonic? That's normal, ignore him. Wearing a deep sea diving suit with that big metal helmet while going to class in a lecture hall? Normal. Walking on your hands down the street in the snow? OH, that's normal. Eating dirt? Normal. Shocking animals with electricity? Normal. Normal. Jumping on a pogo stick in an elevator? Normal. Pooping in your pants when you're on a public transport bus? Oh, that's normal. Salmonella in your food? Normal. Picking you nose during an interview? Normal.
    You're missing the point, and deliberately conflating conflating what most would call "just plain rude" (or worse) with consistent and measurable traits. Nevertheless, when viewing the population as a whole, yes. All of those traits you list are normal, in that that each will appear in a certain percentage of the population. I don't dispute that pogo-sticking in the lift is unusual, nor do I suggest that it would be unusual to hear the person doing the jumping as "abnormal", but when dig just a little bit deeper you get the measurable stuff. Anti-social behavior is a manifestation common to several mental disorders, and normally a certain percentage of the population will suffer from one or more of them. More important than all of that, is the fact that you're using mental illness, and describing all manner of anti-social behavior in order to... what? Argue that TG people aren't normal? Seriously?

I was just showing how easy it is to be labeled Normal. It is all in your mind as to what your scope of normal. Just a bit of humor.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

No. “Normal” men do not wear women’s clothing.

I am perfectly normal. It is the rest of the world that is nuts.

DeeDee