Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you want to be a Women?

Great question with a lot of different answers. Just shows that although we have a common trait we are all over the spectrum.
    As for myself, I am not unhappy being a male and at this point in my life I would not see the need to transition. If I had the same information and resources 40 yrs ago than what is available now, maybe I might have considered a different course. I do feel the need to express my "female" side on a regular basis and do wish I could do it more often than once a week or at least incorporate it more into my everyday presentation.
    On the other hand, if I was to wake up one morning and was a woman and accepted as such by all that I met. I don't think I would have a problem adjusting to that also. Maybe when I retire and not have to worry about a job and earning an income maybe I will also reconsider my options. I'd like to be able to live in two places, one where I could me, and the other where I could be my female persona 24/7 for a long period of time and see how that would work for me.

Banned Read only
    NO, not at all in any way, shape or form.

Of course, being a female does come with some (VERY) obvious advantages, but also some obvious disadvantages. No different than being/"presenting as" a male. I like being a male.

I wear what I want to, where I want to.

Why woudn't I?

Do I want to be a woman? Hmmm, I don't think I would care. I know I'm a man and I don't want to change to be a woman. I appreciate being a man. BUT, I also enjoy dressing as a woman at times. If I were to wake up one day and find that I was a woman, I wouldn't be distraught, I'd embrace it.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    As a kid, I was told that god had made a mistake, ...
    That's one big argument waiting to happen, with some arguing "god doesn't make mistakes".

Whilst I don't believe in creationism, I'd argue with those who do, then if god doesn't make mistakes then God must have intentionally done it as a challenge, you know just like god created diseases and natural disasters and sufferings, gender dysphoria must have been a challenge to see who can learn to accept differences and not default to hate. Unless they want to claim their God created them to hate people.

If God doesn't make mistakes, then the mistakes must be made by those self righteous, power grabbing, people hating religious groups then.

No for me.

When I was a young boy (50 years ago), I saw a girl's dress and wanted to try it on.

Fast forward to my early teens and I tried on my sister's pantyhose, and I loved the feeling.

I still love the feeling of wearing dresses with pantyhose and heels.

I love wearing women's clothes, the accessories to complete the look (makeup, jewelry, wigs, heels), and enjoy how I present dressed in women's clothes, but I dont want to be a woman.

No, I do not want to be a woman, no interest.

Do I wish to be perceived as a woman when dressed? Yes, 100%, no question.

Do I pass as a woman? Never, not once.

Am I treated as a woman? All the time, almost every time.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    Myself, I would not mind being a women. To my great surprise I have even been asked out a few times in 2018, although I was to scared to accept. I have always been very shy and a introvert so it takes a lot of stress off of me. I was never into any team sports but have done all sorts of mechanical stuff. I wish I could transition but medically I cannot(bad heart and intestinal issues). So I am a male.

I'm really enjoying this thread, in fact the comments helped me a lot last evening when I was talking to my wife. I told her that I want to shave off my beard (after 40 years of having one), her response was "Are you trying to feminize?" Her concern is that this is a step in my eventually transitioning. And given the high profile of Transgenderism in our culture now, I understand how she could perceive that.

We got into the discussion about crossdressing vs. gender dysphoria. I assured her that I do not want to become a woman, that I do not believe I was born in the wrong body. She's not losing the man she married (except occasionally, when he goes away to be Anne.) I do not feel that I am somewhere along on a path of becoming a woman, or part of a spectrum with surgical "womanhood" at the end. I feel that crossdressing and Transgenderism are as different as crossdressing and homosexuality - and I am a crossdresser.

Having other crossdressers here express the same feelings and attitudes helps me help my wife to deal with my "hobby", "acting", "itch relief"... and step aside from the social-political upheaval and personal challenge that that "Transgenderism" represents to a conservative minded woman.
    Last edited by annecwesley; 01-06-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Like many others here, I do not want to be a woman. I want to look like a woman, whether it's in a dress, hose, and heels, or if I'm wearing skinny jeans, a sweater, and boots. I am also very closeted - although my wife and daughter know I have dressed, they don't know the extent of it. And there are plenty of reasons why I like being male. I just wish I had the opportunity to dress more often.

Yes.
    God help me, but yes.
    I don't fully fathom why. Wish it weren't so. I just know what I've always known. Yes.
    I'm getting there, slowly.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I have always wish and think I was born in the wrong body. My mind is wired female and I guess I could have liked to be coupled with another female, In those early days, we did not have information to transitioned at a young age.

It makes for memories and wondering what it would be like.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Absolutely, but I think the stork was confused, so now I am too.

DeeDee

I want to be a man in the body of a woman. Best of both worlds.

Banned Read only
    Swottie,
    Perhaps we could put your comment slightly differently and say nature does deviate ! Who knows being TG eventually could become " The Norm !"

I was saddened a long time ago when religion was related to "HATE" , I have to be careful not to break any rules but it does appear to more of a problem in the US .

Closer to home , when I told my mother I was born with this female trait she was fine and then two days later she rang to say she felt guilty because it was her fault , I reassured her it was no one's fault , it just happens .

I have enjoyed my male life, not sure that I would have wanted to be a woman.
    I know that my Mother always wanted a girl and I should have been that one for her.
    When my brothers said to me about being a girl I was not too happy but thinking back I guess it would have been nice to have for-filled my mothers hope or dream.

Martina
    The girl my Mother longed for trapped inside a boys body If she had only known I was there.

Definitely not. I am happy as a male and I think I appreciate female clothes more as a man. I enjoy my work and I enjoy the advantages being a man brings.

Reality Check
    I have occasional fantasies of being a woman but the reality is, I am not a woman and can never be a woman. Dressing as one from time to time is the best I can do. Besides, I have a male life, friends and family.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    I love being a guy and have no interest of being a woman but, I definitely am addicted to dressing up like one.
    Yep, thats me.

Absolutely. If it were possible for me to be reborn and actually be a genetic woman, I would choose that in a heartbeat. If it were possible to go back in in life where it were possible to transition (prior to life's commitments), I would.
    Huggs,
    Tabitha Lynn

If there was some magical way to transform me into a woman without any surgery or medication. Then yes, I think I would do it.

Despite my answer, I don't think I have Gender Disphoria. I've never felt like I'm female "Inside" or mentally. I'm just a man who would love to live as a women. But I can settle for just dressing.

I was asked this question once when I was caught dressing at about age 12. My mom asked it in what I deemed to be a very confrontational tone, so I had the answer I wanted to give (yes) and the answer I gave (no). Often, I wish I had the courage to answer the way I wanted to answer. I think that would have been a tough road to transition then, and some of sports and activities I enjoyed as a boy, a lot of girls didn't do at the time. Now, with acceptance and changing society, it'd have been easier to say yes.

If it makes sense, I still feel like I'm a girl. When I have an internal monologue, I'll say things to myself like "girl, you got this." When I'm watching TV, I relate to the girl characters. When I play video games, I pick them. An increasing number of my dreams have me as a female - that's kind of an odd change. All that said, though, I don't pass very well, I have built a pretty decent "male" life, and I'm a little scared to take the leap into hormones and body modifications or screw up real-life relationships... so I'm probably resigned to being where I am. I enjoy dressing when I can, I like talking with girls about stereotypically girl things, and I do get excited about playing traditionally female roles in relationships and sexually, but I doubt I'll act on it.

If you ask if I wish I were born a girl or of there was a magical pill that could just fix everything without the attached struggles, yeah I'd go there.

I often have this thought process - sometimes in answer to a question, sometimes just in my head. I spent a lot of time trying hard to be manly, wondering if i would have body hair and growing a beard before i could have one that looked OK. I am now 68 and it is only the last ten/twelve years I have thought how nice it would be to not have male organs. I did manage to grow a decent beard. I had quite large breasts when young and had a mastectomy when I was forty. It certainly stopped me getting pointed and sniggered at and I was a lot more comfortable in a tee shirt or swimming. Sometimes I would like to have my breasts back but a padded bra can look OK.
    A lot of the time I do think I would like to be a woman but I do not want to have surgery. I have a very supportive and loving relationship with my wife and she does not want me to change my body. I do not have any feelings of attraction to men.
    So I wear women's clothes and jewelry most of the time. Not as often, I wear make up and a dress/skirt but not out in public at large. I don't pass as a woman. I would like to.
    It is quite a good life and I enjoy it most of the time.
    Cheers
    Robbie

Really not sure on this... granted, I grew up in my mom's old room with all her toys and my grandparents really didn't stop me from playing with her stuff so I somedays feel like I wish I should have been a women... but on the other hand, I'm content with where I'm at now. Granted, yes, I'm not always happy with myself and do seek change somewhere. I think me being a women is just more wanting to have more opportunities to wear the pretty gowns and dresses they get to wear.

I’ve thought about this quite a lot. There are days where I definitely feel like my life would be more stable if I were born a girl.

The more I think about this today the more I say yes I do want to live my life as a woman and have that experience. I’ve always felt in touch with my feminine side.

What if I were born a girl though? Would I be a FTM crossdresser? I don’t think I would be.
    Last edited by CrossKimmy; 01-07-2019 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Added more information

Sometimes Miss. i can relate some, and sadly you are right. I may never have commitment or intimacy with a woman either, only non sexual non romantic friendships at most. It is better to be alone, than with a wrong person, though. I will always have this conflict in my life, in this world, too.