Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossdressing and you. Choose one. Or possibly none?

The scientist in me says that it’s an endorphin and dopamine rush. The girl in me says I need this to feel peace and occasional escape the stress and pressures of being a man. My wife says; enjoy yourself, life is too short. For me it is addicting but not in a negative way if that makes sense?

For something that is totally natural...….in no way do I consider it an addiction, addicting, or addictive.

For me, dressing is just allowing Maria to express herself. While she is always here, she steps into the background, sometimes for long periods, as life moves on. Now, if you want to know about the addiction part, it would be my high heel shoes!

None of the above.
    This neither an addiction, nor a hobby for me.
    It began long before puberty and the typical male/female distinctions were made. It was something inside driving me and still is, not something initiated by anyone else.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    Are all Addictions bad?

Of course not.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Addiction:
    1. Addiction is a medical condition that is characterized by compulsive engagement in rewarding stimuli, despite adverse consequences. It can be thought of as a disease or biological process leading to such behaviors.

addiction
    [uh-dik-shuh n]
    ExamplesWord Origin
    See more synonyms for addiction on Thesaurus.com
    noun
    1. the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

------------------------------
    I could have continued that, but you get the drift. I didn't seem to find any definitions that gave the impression that any addiction is good Wildabout.

I actually have a much better theory that a good many of you should consider. Maybe, like me, you actually are not 'just a crossdresser' but are in fact transgender and you are simply grooming and dressing in a manner that best suits you.

All this business of being obsessed or compelled becomes much less of a big friggin deal.
    Acceptance was the answer.

Cass

I consider crossdressing as an expressive art form. Oh yes and very addictive. Love it. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

It’s just me.

Anne

I might agree with addiction. I have way too many panties and when I see a good sale or a new color in the style that I like, I find myself scheming to get them - and I do.

armchair philosopher ElianaFrozenflame's Avatar
    "addicting" comes to mind, but I am not satisfied with that explanation. "natural" also comes to mind, but again, I am not satisfied with that explanation. At the same time, I feel disqualified from saying what it is not, not knowing what "it" is. And so it goes....

I feel like natural and obsessed fit better than addicted. But closer to addicted than not-addicted I guess.

The "SPIRIT" which makes us do this has a pretty tight grip on the way we think and is not going to let us quit easily ,if ever

It feels entirely natural. And I enjoy it.

Not to try and stir up semantics, but I guess I personally would have to say: because it first feels natural, it then feels good.
    And because it feels good, it is addicting to want to have more of that good feeling.
    And when that good feeling is not there or not available or being withheld for some reason, you then want it, or crave it, therefore, you are addicted.
    Or, ie, you have an addition to that feeling of good, which is additive.

Oh boy, hope you understood what I mean...
    Sorry, but personally, this question has surfaced before in the past and I kind of feel like it can be a distinction without a difference in terminology, as long as the basic premise is that there is no negative or harmful life implications to the topic.
    For example: same 3 word scenario, but exchange crossdressing for yoga, and then change it with drugs or booze.
    Then IMO, the meanings have different implications.
    So in other words: Natural

Bravo to Stephanie D & Helen Waite !!

Hate to be the grammar police, but those are all different forms of the same word.

I would say it is addictive, we have all gone thru periods over the years were the urge hits and dress, once you start it becomes I want more. More time more outfits more this and that. Then it subsides. What I have found if I look back over the years and I mean many many years my dressing became more intense started when I was young trying on slips panties a bra. Fast forward 50 years and I have to be totally dressed make up wig etc. I want to see Laura in the mirror not my male self underdressed. The need to look like a woman is so much stronger then when I was younger, not just dress I know keep my self totally shaved, my breasts have grown and I love that. So I would say it is addictive but also I believe it is so much more natural.