Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing and you. Choose one. Or possibly none?

Banned Read only

Crossdressing and you. Choose one. Or possibly none?

Addiction, addicting or addictive?

Or maybe none of the 3 apply to you when you are dressing/dressed?

Crossdressing clearly DOES produce "feel good" sensations in the brain of at least most here. These feel good feelings ARE caused by CHEMICALS.

And clearly some members seem tortured from their "addiction" and often opine they wish they could stop.

None of the above. Natural would be the word I choose.

x x x

Banned Read only
    Yea I'm addicted. It's how you look at it, it can be great or bad. If society, wives and everyone else were accepting CDing in men to be just as normal as in women it would be great, dress as you like.

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    Natural.

More natural, nothing addictive about it at all.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I know that there is a "feel good sensation" about my dressing habits. I have often told myself that I need to control it, and not let it control me. That is probably why I set limits on myself on how far I will go.
    So, I guess I will go with addictive, leading toward addiction if not monitored.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

All of the above. Each is situational

Addicting for me. Once you have decided to try it you can’t leave it. One pair of panties leads to adding a bra, then stockings, then a skirt or dress, oh how I need those pretty shoes. It just grows and that is why it is addicting. Today I have spent the entire day dressed in a satin short yellow prom type dress and all the trimmings. And you can’t forget how addicting the relaxation is that you feel when under stress as a male and you get to escape that for a while by dressing as your female self. I will never fully understand it but I don’t really need to.

It is just natural for me. It "Feels Right", no addiction, no withdrawal.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If erotic, exciting, seductive, and arousing mean "feel good"? Then, that's what it is for me!

The fact that Sherry is so unnatural and mostly the opposite of me is what makes becoming her so addictive!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I love Vicky's comment. It is completely natural for me also.

I consider it "just being me."

"Natural" in other words.

Natural! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

It's just a normal part of who I am that's always been there. So for me, it's less of an addiction and more something I would label as a personality trait.

Banned Read only
    Wild...,
    Find a balance and all those problems go away .

None of those descriptions really get to the crux of the problem, if we are born with slightly different wiring the problem is coming to terms with it then finding ways to be accepted .

It may be mostly chemistry in the brain but it's not an addiction , to many of us it's part of our being , to try and stop is denying that part of us .

It's very addicting for me, I'm lovin it too!

Food for thought:

"The cross dresser is doing nothing more than practicing some basic empathetic moves with which we are already very comfortable in many areas. Although we haven’t fully recognized it yet, cross-dressing is a very normal thing to do."

Love;
    Lisa
    As many as 43 percent of all people with gender dysphoria attempt suicide in their lives. dont let yourself become part of that very tragic statistic.
    Balance-Dignity-Acceptance-Responsibility-

None of the above.

Personally, I don’t think that these classifications are helpful or accurate.

Michelle

None listed. Addictions can be eliminated...one can stop smoking, drinking, gambling, etc. My sense is our dressing is more or less compulsive. You can quit, and many have tried, but as long as the Pink Fog lingers, sooner or later you’ll again dress. Accept it. Enjoy it.

None. When dressed, I feel peace.

Feels totally natural to me. I am comfortable in my skin, no matter what clothes I am wearing.

I am not sure that natural fits exactly, at least in the way I use the word. Maybe something like "inherent" - as it is an integral part of me that I cannot explain.
    I am what I am and also what I am not!

Platinum Member
    In my limited understanding addictions are coping mechanisms that enable an individual to live with some sort of trauma in some aspect of life. Being born with a blurry gender identity might itself be traumatic, and lead to addictive behaviors and dependencies. This is complex stuff.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Addicted? Nah

Obsessed? Occasionally.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Yikes....here we go again.

Yeah, the brain has a pleasure center, and it has a center for the opposite too; these centers are at work when ever we are conscious. Hit a green light as you come on one and you feel pleasure. So what?
    Some of these, like my example are minor, some like chocolate are a bit more powerful...yada yada blah blah.

I'm a person in recovery and am now going to work in the field of alcohol and substance abuse treatment. Addiction is a disease and the results are life and death. Keep that in mind.

While there are some parallels, and the word 'compulsion' does fit, please remember that speaking of a topic like this affects many people. I've met and known a couple of dozen people here on this site that are also people in recovery and some of them here have lost loved ones to the disease.
    "Tortured"? The tortures caused by addiction and the pain and anguish we go through in finding acceptance of our gender identity are different, trust me, I do know.

A little respect?
    Cass
    Last edited by Cassandra Lynn; 01-08-2019 at 12:20 AM.

None of the above. The 'feel good' concept is simply a result of resolving the stress caused by feeling as if I'm in the wrong clothes and role when I'm dressed in men's clothing and actively, fully consciously behaving in ways which would be appropriate for an alpha male. Neither feels natural to me, but that is the best way to avoid most problems in life for someone born male.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.