Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Labels

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    A world without labels:

You've got a pantry full of cans with no labels. You're hungry but you have no idea what's in the cans. Beans or peaches? Soup or dog food? Well, that's ridiculous. Labels are a necessary part of life.

The assumption here is that the members are male crossdressers. Knowing that a comment is coming from an actual woman can be important and it certainly clears up any confusion we might have when the poster mentions "my husband".
    We're not talking about canned peaches here. Yes, cans need to be labeled....people do not.

Banned Read only
    The part everyone seems to be missing is, if it weren't for all these labels, we would not even need GG or GM.

GG and GM are the anti-labels.

You label me, I'll label you...
    So I dub thee unforgiven...

BTW: Krisi: What about jars? :P
    GG and GM are the clear glass jars in your pantry, you can put any labels you want on them and still know the exact physical contents.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 01-07-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    I use GG to distinguish an XX chromosome person from any XY chromosome person who says, " I am a woman."
    ^this. We really want the input here from females who have been living as females all their lives, as opposed to those of us who have grown up male with male genitalia and at some point felt they were female. If everyone here is identified as female, we won't know who is what.
    While I understand those males who desperately need to feel identified as female, at the moment there simply is no other way to know who we're discussing things with; a MTF person simply does not have all the knowledge and experience of a female's life that someone born as a physical female and who grew up as one, does.
    This is related to the very same problem on the dateacrossdresser website. Everyone identifies as female. So there's no way for a straight crossdresser to search for those who currently have, and always have had, female genitalia.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    ^this. We really want the input here from females who have been living as females all their lives, as opposed to those of us who have grown up male with male genitalia and at some point felt they were female. If everyone here is identified as female, we won't know who is what.
    While I understand those males who desperately need to feel identified as female, at the moment there simply is no other way to know who we're discussing things with; a MTF person simply does not have all the knowledge and experience of a female's life that someone born as a physical female and who grew up as one, does.
    This is related to the very same problem on the dateacrossdresser website. Everyone identifies as female. So there's no way for a straight crossdresser to search for those who currently have, and always have had, female genitalia.
    Regarding your comment about input from females who have lived as females all their lives...…….back when I was in a couple of support groups there were many spouses and girlfriends who attended the meetings. They were all aware of the term "GG". A poll was taken by show of hands and it was unanimous in both clubs that the FEMALES did NOT like to be referred to as a "GG".

by Diane Taylor
    A poll was taken by show of hands and it was unanimous in both clubs that the FEMALES did NOT like to be referred to as a "GG".
    Personally, I don't mind being referred to as a GG. What I don't like is being referred to as a muggle, lol!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane Taylor View Post
    it was unanimous in both clubs that the FEMALES did NOT like to be referred to as a "GG".
    I would be very interested in knowing what theas GG's (for lack of a better term) prefer to be called, that differentiates them from someone born male that is now living as a woman.

Char_GG: I agree muggle is often used as a derogatory term in many groups towards people outside the group.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 01-07-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    I would be very interested in knowing what theas GG's (for lack of a better term) prefer to be called, that differentiates them from someone born male that is now living as a woman.

Char_GG: I agree muggle is often used as a derogatory term in many groups towards people outside the group.
    Quote Originally Posted by char GG View Post
    by Diane Taylor

Personally, I don't mind being referred to as a GG. What I don't like is being referred to as a muggle, lol!
    If that works for you....that's great but not everyone shares your opinion. The women in the groups quite simply wanted to be referred to as a woman. It's not their concern what those born male now living as a "female" call themselves or want to be called by others.

Char, I agree with you 100%.

PS: Diane, you make a good point. However, the acronym GG was created to clarify and simplify communication on sites like this and within groups of people where making that differentiation and simplification of that differentiation helps overall communication. I and a lot of GG's outside of this subset of humanity had and have not ever heard of GG. Why? It is very simple since they do not need to use it. It was not created for communication everyone else. It is understandable that the general population of women once introduced to the term may, or may not like it.

Many professions, sub-groups use words and abbreviations and acronyms for themselves and sometimes used to refer to others outside of their group that most of the general population do not use nor even know about. If someone outside the group learns of the term the group uses for them they may, or may not, like it either whether the meaning of the new term is not derogatory.

And finally, based on your informal small sized survey, your conclusions only represent the opinions of that small group and may, or may not, be indicative of the larger group as a whole. So, I would not say that your findings/opinion truly represents everyone.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 01-07-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane Taylor View Post
    We're not talking about canned peaches here. Yes, cans need to be labeled....people do not.
    Our government (USA) takes great pains to not only label people (White, black, Hispanic, male, female, etc.) but to compile statistics on the different groups. Education, health, wealth, employment, incarceration, etc.

You will not avoid labels regardless of how you feel about them. They are part of out language and part of our culture.
    Krisi

I can't remember having ever used 'muggles' other than when referring to a post where somebody else has ( like in this one ). I wasn't sure how derogatory it is, so I tried to avoid it. I like 'general public' when I'm referring to non-community. I have used 'Joe Cool', though.

Nevertheless, despite being unsure of the usage, I would be very shocked if a supportive SO is included in a group of people referred to as 'muggles', even if she is physically within the group. I don't know that for sure, but I would be shocked.

- Lydianne.

Labels like GG are used to simplify communication. The label GG is instantly understood, saving you the trouble of giving a ten-word explanation. There are no hidden sinister implications.

Everyone needs to be called something , guess you get called by what you do , seems like everyone and or almost everyone , needs a shortcut when spelling , hence letters for words , then some people cant spell, some days I can wear out a spell checker , then on the other hand it could be a code to confuse folks 😊 ,aint life grand