Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: About these maids outfits

Thanks for all the replies, I get wanting to wear a costume because it is fun and sexy. I never wore the maid outfit but I do wear some costumes for him on occasion, hell I still like to put on my old cheer leading uniform from high school! Lol
    My husband has never expressed intrest in this sort of dressing before so it kind of surprised me a little. We will have a chance to talk about it tonight and see what he would like to get out of it and I will do my best to accommodate him. Im always down to try new things, like I said I can for sure see the fun in it. He might look kinda cute in it

Banned Read only
    Katie,
    OK , so they are a little flirty , saucy , sexy , possibly submissive and just fun to wear , where's the harm ?

Girls like to play dress up sometimes why should we be any different ?

I have done charity fund raising in the past and would wear a maid dress or my Spice Girl union Jack dress if I could fill a bucket full of money for a worthy cause !

I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Its fun to put on a sexy little costume some times
    I just wanted to have a little insight about things before we talk. If he wants to wear one to feel sexy while he cleans that's great and I will look into getting him a legit maids outfit.

If its a submissive thing, I think I can work with that too or at least try. I can try to find him more of a fun maids costume. I just worry I won't be very good at being the dominant one. I would love to be able to give him what he wants out of it so hopefully I can do it.

I have tried to do research about it, its hard to tell what is real and what isn't but I think I can handle of the more mild stuff. It might be really fun being the dominant partner depending on how far he would want to go. Just hope whatever he is looking for I will be able to give it to him.

I don't like them at all. I would, however, wear a proper maid's uniform.
    Last edited by Georgina; 01-07-2019 at 08:40 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Girls like to play dress up sometimes why should we be any different ?
    Because to most women, men aren't supposed to want to dress up and behave like we're tying to sexually attract men. It upsets the traditional binary sexual view of how the male-female relationship is supposed to work, which then can throw a wrench into the whole security issue: If men can suddenly abandon their roles as protectors, that can make women feel less secure in their own lives, knowing that should a predator come after her, even though another man is present, he might suddenly abandon his social responsibility as a protector of the women and children and she would then become more vulnerable to attack. Women grow up believing that the good men in our society will stand up to the bad ones and protect the women and children. Men who crossing the standard gender lines upsets that belief, and can result in a constant subconscious feeling if insecurity.

Generally,the maid's uniforms that we want are the ones that are 'over the top' with short skirts, lace, pretty bows, etc., which help us to assume a feeling of being a sexually attractive female for a while, while we're dressed in them.

You don't seen any of us wanting what current industrial housekeeping staff wears; plain tops with PANTS, socks and often sneakers. This is what I've seen plenty of hotel staff wearing. It's no longer the pretty things.

And make no mistake about it, we want to feel pretty just as much as you do. Perhaps it's a desire that somehow got screwed up instead of feeling handsome in a male outfit, but few crossdressers have a clue as to why we want to feel that way (I'm apparently one of the very few who is lucky enough to have figured it out, but knowing why you feel something, and being relieved of feeling it, are two very different things).
    I can't say whether for other men if it's a case of feeling 'right' by adopting a submissive behavior; I tend to believe that is simply due to it being felt is a part of what is considered being connected to being the one who is RE-active during sex as opposed to being the one who is always having to decide when to to what. It's not always about feeling submissive, it's simply wanting to have the OTHER person make the decisions that we want them to make, and then just go along with them. This is related to women's desires to have a man 'just know' what she wants without her actually telling him, and have him just do that. As a woman, I think you understand what I'm writing. Sure, some women might prefer feeling like they're being told what to do, and in our western society where so many girls still grow up being told that that wanting sex is a bad thing, in that situation, I suppose it would be easy to feel better about it if it were something that you didn't initiate; the feeling of being 'taken' during sex play eliminates the responsibility for it, and let's you feel that it wasn't YOUR responsibility. This is the same mechanism which results in so many crossdressers desiring 'forced feminization'; it allows us the feeling of not being responsible for something that we really want to do, so we don't feel so bad about doing something so almost universally frowned upon.

I think that a lot of it is simply carried over from our religious upbringing (and even those who are not religious, but were brought up by those who WERE taught those old time principles of life).

Having a woman 'take charge' is a luxury that most men never get to experience. All too often, a lot of us are made to feel like having sex is an imposition we're making upon our mates.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 01-07-2019 at 12:31 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Reality Check
    We had a cleaning service years ago. Two women would come and clean the house. They did not wear "maids uniforms" or high heels.

I would say the idea of a crossdresser wearing a maids uniform is a fetish and it's also demeaning to women. It's not for me.
    Krisi

Aspiring Member
    Katie,
    In the other maid thread I posted what I thought was the maid thing, (post no. 31). Please reread that, and I will take it a little further here. A good corset will enhance the experience for the maid and her "employers". Remember french maids are at least as much about looking good as they are about actually doing work. Mostly they are expected to do only light house work, maybe hand washing a few intimates, dusting, (with the traditional feather duster surfaces that probably don't need or have already been dusted), or providing "ladies maid service", and, most common-serving drinks and such in private or parties. As you mentioned "submissive thing", french maids can also be required to wear hobbles to train them to take small mincing steps, the length of the connecting chain adjusted as necessary. And cuffs and collar, the cuffs can be connected to the collar to keep hands from being lowered, requiring the maid to bend over to serve etc. not metal hand cuff types, but locking leather cuffs and hobbles for comfort. Also maids (if agreed to in the contract, written or verbal, between the maid and her Mistress and or Master) may be fondled or pinched, etc. and possibly provide "other services" as required. Being a french maid is all about looking good while mincing,and tottering about while serving as required and showing just a little more than would be considered decent. Some maids are punished (spanked or otherwise) for mistakes or poor service. All depends on what has been agreed to in the "contract". It's all about looking good, being submissive and ultra feminine while serving. You can take the whole french maid thing as far as you want, nothing is written in stone, it's what works for you. Not a position a bra burning feminist would take (unless acting out a secret fantasy), but a skilled "job" for those who are into it whether male or female. It isn't easy to totter about looking good for long periods of time possibly being fondled from time to time as you are trying to "maintain". As your husband said "it might be fun" probably he would be able to get into it. Of course the french maid for a dominant woman would probably be required to provide very intimate services that you especially would enjoy. I hope this has helped you with the fantasy a bit and that you can have fun with it. Sherrii
    Last edited by Sherrii; 01-07-2019 at 09:32 AM.

I can understand why having the other partner take charge is appealing. If that's what he wants while wearing a costume to enhance the submissive feeling, I think I can get into it a little.. I mean I enjoy the feeling of all the soft material on him so I think I will get something out of it.

Krisi I'm curious as to why you believe its demeaning to women? With the way society views us I think its really flattering that a man would want to dress and act like me every once in a while.

I never been into "manly" men. Bug muscles and the whole "I can beat up anyone" personality is a major turn off for me, maybe that's part of why I like that my husband has a fem side.

I think fetishists like it a lot because of it's "Power play" nature. By wearing it, you are a "slave/worker" who must do as they are told. This is something that a lot of people get a kick out of. Both subs and doms.

They do look quite nice though, in spite of the fetish nature that surrounds them. It's a very visually appealing style.

That makes sense to me.
    What other costumes are considered submissive besides French maid and school girl?

The appeal of the maid's outfit is the sexiness and the submissiveness. To me, this is fun dress up, and same thing with Halloween costumes too.

Other submissive outfits might be a nurse possibly, slave leia from star wars, slave jasmine, kitty/puppy (with collar), I dream of Jeannie type outfit, Oktoberfest dirndl possibly, and lolita/sissy outfits. And obviously latex fetish outfits (some of which include locks or restraints).

In my case when I wear a maid uniform it is for fun, not to be submissive or demeaned. I think they are cute and with lace and petticoats feminine and I love the look. So you do not necessarily have to be dominanting to have fun. Though I am sure there are girls that want that. So good discussion to have. He may just enjoy wearing it to have fun and be cute or? My wife saw me only once in my uniform as I headed out to a Halloween party and she commented nice legs. She usually avoids seeing me dressed but otherwise is supportive. I loved hearing that so much. I love that you are so open to try fun things with your spouse. Have fun you too!

Banned Read only
    I really feel some are overthinking the whole issue , what the heck is wrong with having some fun . We dress for so many reasons and I personally would prefer the male side gone , I've done over sixty years in that straightjacket , I'm going to have a few years enjoying what I have finally found , so what's the problem if I wear a fun outfit sometimes .

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I don't own a maids uniform, so I have to ask myself why would I want one, as I have said I would like one in another thread. Reasons vary from person to person and in my case I believe it has its' roots in escapism from the day to day life. My male life had a lot of decisions that had to be made, direction to be given, and stress that was the result of time crunches. To escape this I would use CD'ing to help me get away from the "rat race" of life. The maid uniform would put me into a mode of role playing someone else being in charge and control of those things that I would be escaping from. I see a submissive element within the dressing, but isn't that a result of getting away from the dominant role that many men have to play? Whether it is meant as a game, fetish, or submissive role, the point is it obviously does something within the psyche of the person doing it. The individual reason isn't important, the end result is, and if that is a way of deriving peace, pleasure, relaxation, then it is worth it to that person. If it isn't hurting anyone, then no big deal!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I would say the idea of a crossdresser wearing a maids uniform is a fetish and it's also demeaning to women. It's not for me.
    From comments I have read on other sites there are many women who feel a man emulating a woman in dress and action is demeaning to women. From what I have observed there is a different mindset when seeing a guy in drag on Halloween made into a ravishing beauty for the party than an everyday cross dressing male.

I wonder how many women are inclined to entice their boyfriends or husbands into donning feminine attire to act out their fantasies? How about those women who willingly play up to their men's fantasies because there is a mutual benefit?

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I think it's great that couples like to keep the sizzle in their relationships through a bit of costume play. It certainly doesn't hurt (I take that back, after re reading some of the posts , it might hurt, i just hope not too much)

When we go together to Amanda's for a photo shoot.
    . We have a few photos together in nice every day clothes
    . Have a change or two for me (Hey what can I say !)
    . Jeanie does a change and a photo shoot by herself (What woman doesn't want a nice set of photos ?)
    . I do a photo set in what I call a fun outfit (The photo below is from a shoot we did a couple of years ago)

dsc_9732x500.jpg
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I think some of y'all are reading WAY too much into this! For me it wasn't a fetish thing or a sub/dom thing (even though I don't think there's anything wrong with that anyway) and not a deamining-to-women thing. It was just fun! And nothing heavier than simply playing dress up, which is a hell of a lot of fun with a partner who is also having fun with it! I know that "playing dress up" is supposed to be just totally beneath anybody whose transgender-ism is real, but if y'all are this serious all the time you'd be surprised how much fun you could have if you'd lighten up a little. Playing dress up is not a way of life to me, but it's awesome damn fun with the right partner in the right circumstances!

Take away the "maid uniform" part. It's super low cut, ridiculously short dress, typically worn with equally ridiculously high heels and makeup you wouldn't dare actually wear to the mall. What's not to like for a little stay-at-home fun?

I think i would try one if i ever got the chance, just to see how well I could pull it off or what not but it's always been one of those "I got to try that" things where afterwards it gathers dust in a closet just like any other woman's maid outfits.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Most of the better maid dresses look cute and fun, but hardly practical. Is makeup, nail polish, 4 inch plus heels, hosiery, frilly panties, jewellry, any more practical? Not really. If we all got practical, nobody would be dressing like we do, and this site would cease to exist.

Wouldn't it be interesting if we did see a woman or two out and about in one of those, once in a blue moon? For lack of a better term, it would be eye candy. Stuffy women are everywhere. They blend into the scenery nicely, and seem to be about as exciting as a trip to the dentist.

Say what you will about maid dresses. It's a costume. But, if I ever saw one wearing that sort of getup, out in public, anytime besides halloween, I'm sure she would be remembered. Fondly, and for a very long time after.
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

Katie,

You are a great addition to this board !

We all probably have different reasons, but as others have said FUN is the best reason.

Believe me an outfit that consists of Ruffle butt panties, petticoat, stockings, heels and frilly dress is going to make a guy feel about as UNMANLY as is possible.

It is such a Girly item that its difficult to get a Gal to wear one ! Its the ultimate challenge for some guys since we will be swishing about in it trying to clean without flashing are ruffled butt or running our stockings ! Fun and challenging !
    French Maid.jpg

Kelly,
    That's the classiest French maid uniform I've ever seen! Can't say mine was on that level.

Platinum Member
    I’m not qualified to comment on maid or school girl outfits....just never was my thing. But I do know I rather enjoyed both the gender bending and submissive role in play.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Long before I started dressing, I occasionally wrote erotic fiction as a freelance writer. I would write short stories or story series for others, for a small fee, either featuring characters they had devised, or creating my own original characters for their stories. Usually, part of my job was to flesh out the details and background and motivations of their characters, and then take a rough idea for what should happen in the story and make it a readable and entertaining piece of erotica.

The French Maid erotic fantasy genre predates the Victorian era, and the classic French Maid costume is a sexy variant of a historical French Domestic Servant’s attire. It was a popular and recurring fetish theme in my stories, where either as a form of bedroom play, or as a ‘lifestyle’, a woman or a cross dressed male takes on the role of ‘the French Maid’, while another person has the role of the Master or Mistress of the household. It tends to be a naughty/submissive roleplay, where the maid wears a provocatively sexy uniform, and behaves in a flirty or submissive way, leading to erotic encounters between them. Often there is a theme that the Master is married, and his wife doesn’t know he is banging the hired help. But sometimes the maid serves a male / female couple, submissive to both, in a threesome. In another variant, a male is ‘forced’ to act and dress in a very feminine and submissive manner, often for a female Mistress who is decidedly dominant.

After I started dressing, I did buy a Halloween costume type French Maid outfit, but it did not quite fit me. (I need to lose 10 pounds or so, despite it supposedly being a plus sized costume.) I honestly bought it just on a lark, to see myself in the mirror, in private, wearing what I had so often written about. I don’t have any romantic partners at this time, but if I had one who wanted to try that sort of roleplay in the bedroom, I would not object to taking either the maid or Mistress roles. Like any sort of bedroom roleplay, it should be consensual fun.

Thanks for the imput everyone, had a good talk with hubby last night. I'm going to surprise him with a French maid costume and see where it leads us

Oh no you didn't! Where will this lead you? To a bit of fun, I suspect