Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pushed the envelope to far with the wife

Pushed the envelope to far with the wife

Well I want go into all the details lets just say I took the cross-dressing to far. We got into a little argument and my wife said she understand if I found a man that I was in love with she would give me a divorce. I tried to explain I am not gay I don't know if she fully believes me or not. I think we are ok for now but I just have to be on my best behavior for a while. There was some other things said to I just don't want to air them out here.

What did your wife consider crossing the line?

Full stop. Professional help is required. Get a couples counselor who specializes in gender issues. That person will be able to objectively assuage your wife’s concerns in a way you will never be able to. She is wildly misguided in her assumption that there is any correlation between gender and sexuality and you run the risk of talking yourself in more trouble.

Aspiring Member
    Sorry to hear about your problem. I understand that some wives consider crossdressing as a form of adultery. They believe your male side is getting sexual gratification from your female side. How can she compete with your female alter-ego? So the first order of business is to keep yourself busy telling your wife that you love her, you think she is wonderful, and remind her that she is beautiful.

What you wife needs to understand is that she is not competing with your female alter-ego. Your wife occupies a special place in your heart and she comes first in your life. You need to explain to your wife that your brain is just hardwired to release feel-good neurotransmitters when you feminize yourself. It is weird, but your crossdressing is a stress reliever by releasing dopamine which helps combat the effects of cortisol.

Quote Originally Posted by KatrinaK View Post
    Full stop. Professional help is required. Get a couples counselor who specializes in gender issues. That person will be able to objectively assuage your wife’s concerns in a way you will never be able to. She is wildly misguided in her assumption that there is any correlation between gender and sexuality and you run the risk of talking yourself in more trouble.
    Read above and do just what Katrina suggests . It sounds like your wife does not understand and has reached some wild conclusions.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Aw, crap. I'm sorry Leonora! This is going to require pins and needles for a bit, extra attention for herself and reassurances, and I think Katrina has the right of it … counseling. There may be more here that needs to be addressed.

I've been there and done that. Be very careful. These sort of misunderstandings can silently fester and corrode relationships. From the few details you gave I think that 'little argument' is a ominous sign. You will need more than 'best behavior for a while' to put things right.

I think you are right about it that way but that makes sense Confucius. And Kimberly I had put my school girl outfit.

I'm sorry to hear this too, Leonora. Hopefully after a cooling off period, your wife will be more receptive to a more accurate understanding .

But schoolgirl outfit(?) . Hadn't you only just broken through into jeans? . When did you get the schoolgirl outfit?

- Lydianne.

Leonora, I'm sorry to hear this. I'll second going to couples counseling that specializes in gender issues.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I got the school girl outfit a few weeks ago but she had not seen it yet. It might have been the combination of those two things. I wanted to use the school girl outfit in the bedroom and it was just the final straw. I didn't want to mention that I didn't want to say anything that would be against site rules.

Oh … that's probably not something to 'spring' on someone by surprise

I have lost a few gf's to my cding.

I am seeing a therapist currently ... she is GREAT (my Therapist).

I agree with KatrinaK maybe you first and see where it goes from there.

Good luck

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    School girl outfits are a fetish thing so there is no telling what she is thinking.
    You (her man) is dressed all sexy so therefore he wants a man seems pretty clear to me thats what she is thinking.
    Can you blame her?
    I don't see why guy CDers push things so hard, you really should have known better.

You are right I know it was kinda dumb but I have used other lingerie in the bedroom with out any issues it my own fault.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I am sorry you are in hot water tho'

You are going to have to be sweet to her.
    However try to get her to join up and get involved in discussions in the "Loved Ones" section.
    It might help to talk with other wives.

I'm afraid your wife is falling into a fairly normal misconception of crossdressing, that we are all gay men looking to attract another man. I believe this comes from drag queens who are performance artists, not necessarily crossdressers. They do have a reputation for being gay (watch Rue Paul's Drag Race). Fact is, we crossdressers are mostly heterosexual men who like dressing as women. So call the fashion police (sorry, couldn't help that). Seriously, I agree with the suggestion that you seek counseling (be careful who you choose), or both go to a trans convention (I like FantasiaFair in Provincetown, but there are many others) who have seminars to help the SOs (wives) to understand what is going on, as well as help you to understand yourself. Just suppressing your desires may be harmful to you and your relationship. What you have is a fairly normal condition that you shouldn't be ashamed of in any way, and I wish you the best in working it out.

Best,
    DeeDee

Yeah I am already seeing a therapist.

That is a good first step, how about your wife?

DeeDee

My wife and I have had fair share of ups and downs during our more than years of marriage. Putting my wife first; continually expressing my love, admiration and respect for her; and listening to her has really helped. Over the past several months, a major point of contention has been my weight loss. So, I'm gaining some weight back which which will make her very happy. Understanding each other's needs, making sacrifices for each other, and growing with one another has also strengthened our relationship. I hope all the best for you and your wife.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Leonora View Post
    I had put my school girl outfit.
    A very poor choice for presentation to an apprehensive spouse. No wonder she's so perplexed.

You may have more luck incorporating your dressing into your married life if you present yourself with some dignity. That is, assuming you want to stay married.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Hugs to you

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    School girl outfits are a fetish thing so there is no telling what she is thinking.
    You (her man) is dressed all sexy so therefore he wants a man seems pretty clear to me thats what she is thinking.
    Can you blame her?
    I don't see why guy CDers push things so hard, you really should have known better.
    Bingo!!!! Any grown up, regardless of gender, that puts on a school girl outfit has entered the realm of fetish.
    Last edited by char GG; 01-07-2019 at 07:52 AM. Reason: The last comment was unnecessarily rude to the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Leonora View Post
    I wanted to use the school girl outfit in the bedroom and it was just the final straw. I didn't want to mention that I didn't want to say anything that would be against site rules.
    There’s nothing wrong with this, but I would have definitely mentioned/asked her about it before doing it to gauge a reaction.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Unfortunately many have the false assumption that their partner actually loves them for who they are.
    Last edited by Kas; 01-07-2019 at 12:57 AM.