Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any runners?

Any runners?

Do any of you ladies run? I try to run everyday. It gives me focus and helps keep me in shape without being really muscular. Anyone else?

Hi Lauren,

Running is my preferred exercise but I will admit that I need to get more serious about it. King of tough right now given the weather here in the northeast right now. I like the cardio benefits and the fact that it doesn't bulk you up.

Elizabeth

Hi Lauren!

The past two months, I have been doing 30 minutes on the elliptical every week day to get back into fitness! If the weather was better and I had a place I could run I would probably do it instead of paying for the gym, but it seems to be working out really well, just wish I could wear my exercise leggings instead of drab there, I am not "out" in my local community or work yet and I am going everyday before work. My wife says just do it, any maybe one day I might.... Good Luck!

Mattea
    Love makes everyone equal.

I am glacially slow but I run before work most mornings, and the occasional 5k or 10k on the weekends. Elizabeth, it's sunny and 70 degrees here...a perfect day.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Mattea, it's great that you're getting back at it! I personally don't like treadmills and have a great running neighborhood. Usually it's just me and a few deer before dawn. Getting out the door is the hardest part.

Lauren,
    I was for the longest time , then I had a bout with plantar fasciitis for 5 years. If you’ve had it you know it can be excruciating. I walk a lot, am a gym rat and exercise the dog without fail, so I’m hesitant to go back to the running. Hoping to gradually ramp back up in the spring
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Here's the thing.... I do not run, but I go for walks sometime. I actually have a couple of sports bras and leggings, but since I am still in the closet, I don't want people to see me. Of course I may just be worried about nothing. After all, if and when I decide to do this, I'll be wearing a wig, so anyone who happens to notice me will just think I'm a woman going for a walk.

Yuppers, running is an integral part of my lifestyle. It is strictly a Fred activity. There's the occasional thread about running dolled up. Go for it if that's your thing, but it's not mine. Hugs, Michelle

Aspiring Member
    Jocelyn,
    I don't blame you for being hesitant to run again, have you considered mountain biking? I do that at least when the weather is decent and I like being on trails in the woods away from traffic and people. Often runners who have had issues come to cycling of some sort as it is an easier motion and mostly you have less weight on your legs as the saddle takes some of the weight. Sherrii

I run and use the elliptical machine to save my knees. I enjoy the cardio workout. I also do strength and endurance training for good overall fitness. Cheers
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

I run, and bike and swim. I am an Ironman triathlete.
    Doing all 3 disciplines, keeps me slim and toned.
    In private pools I have worn a bikini. Frankly on a bike or running, the kit is much the same. I tried but could not cope running wearing a wig.

Just walking now for me. I used to run a lot, but too many years of “good fun army stuff” has taken its toll, so any high impact activity is out.

Michelle.

I did cross-country running in my younger years, but always found ways of injuring myself. These days it's walking, or more often, cycling (which when wearing cycling knicks which finish just above the knee, does nothing for attractive tan lines).

I run 4 to 8 miles a day depending. I took the holidays off so last week I got in three 3 milers, and this week I am back up to 4 miles a day with a long run on Friday. A little slower this week but the speed will come back. I run in drab but I wear womens shoes and compression shorts.

My knees do not tolerate running very well, so it has never been a significant part of my workout.
    I do walk 5K each morning for the weight and cardio benefits (and I think there are psychological benefits, especially outdoors).
    I usually walk near home, where I am not out, so I'm in guy mode.
    A few times, I've been able to walk, far from home, in Gracie mode. Oh, what a wonderful feeling!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I used to run about 10 miles 3 times a week in my 20s, then I got married and it sort of faded away. In the last few years I have taken to the treadmill in my garage and do an hour of brisk running most days. Great for the legs!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Platinum Member
    I’m lucky to be able to walk!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I generally run three times a week. I signed up for a 1,000 mile run/walk challenge for 2019 at my local YMCA, so my goal is to average 20 miles a week. I generally do two half-marathons a year and half a dozen short or intermediate triathlons (a general time maximum of three hours). The days I don't run I cross-train, and sometimes I crossdress.

I've recently completed C25K with a final time under 30 minutes, and hope to keep it up - if my knees will allow it

Banned Read only
    I run and bike. Would love to do a 5K where everyone must wear at least 3" heels! Maybe block heels would work better. I seem to remember exercise videos with girls wearing heels. Would love to try that!

After years of running,my knees just complain to much now. If I run it’s on a soft treadmill at the gym. I’m the only guy in there showing off my shoulders with a racer back top. But my main exercise is cycling, thousands of miles a year. With that I have an all women’s kit sans wig. I love wearing the racer tops, and if I get to a place where no one knows me I have been known to take out something strappier like a cami top. Haven’t bought a cycling skirt yet but I want to try one on before I purchase. I just need to move my body every day.

I ride a bike, but due to joint issues any running is restricted to my hose.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Use to run a lot. Ran track in high school and ran most of the time until age caught up to my knees. Now ride bike 20-25 miles every other day.

Yes I’m a runner.
    It’s 4:30 in the morning where I am. I’m up checking CD.com then I go for my daily run. I’ll run between 10-16 km then I’ll have a surf later in the morning.
    Can’t live without either of them.
    Semi retirement has it benefits
    Last edited by Rosemary+; 01-11-2019 at 12:23 PM.

I run two or three times per week; five kilometres per run.

Was a runner until early 2018. For various reasons I had to replace running with an exercise bike. On the bike I do about 15km in 30 minutes using up around 250 cals. Do 3-4 'rides' each week and do some moderate weight training at the end of each ride. Hoping to retain enough fitness to get back into running when the time is right.