Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movies and Crying

Movies and Crying

I find myself, when dressed as Janet, sometimes wanting to drink a few glasses of wine, and find a sad movie, or a movie with a very happy ending after someone does something incredibly nice for someone, that will make me cry. I seem to feel much better after a good cry, is this weird????

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Not sure. It's probably not as common as thinking of sex, tho!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    I’m weird that way. Two movies brought tears to my eyes that I can think of: ‘Field of Dreams’ and ‘A River Runs Through It’.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

It's not weird at all. I cry at least a few times every month. Expressing your emotions like that is just healthy!

I find myself crying, or coming to tears in the most silly movies and TV shows.....

I couldn't agree more. I love tv shows and great movies that make me cry. It makes me feel more human and quite alive. And also closer to my perceived femme side. Both my late wife and my present wife found it endearing and said that it separated me from the Neanderthals, jocks, butt heads, and mysogynists that most of their girlfriends had married.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

I certainly cry more when watching ‘poignant moments’ in films and T.V. if I’m dressed.

But being dressed won’t make me more likely to watch a rom-com or other chick flick.

Michelle

Being dressed, or not, makes no difference as I weep very easily at such moments. What I dislike is sometimes I feel very cynically manipulated by the the programme or film makers. You see it coming a mile off and say "I am not going to let them make me cry" repeatedly, but usually to no avail.

Doesn't matter if I'm dressed or not. If a scene is working perfectly I can loose it. "When Harry Met Sally" and "It's A Wonderful Life" work every time!

It only happened to me when I was on hormone treatment.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Janet
    Dressed or not in recent years I have found myself choking up with similar scenes, or when women on screen cry or get upset. Also can’t stand seeing animals being mistreated on screen – eg poaching, cruelty to pets etc. Has it coincided with my growing interest in CDing – maybe – don’t know.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Gold Member
    Yeah, on "the shining" "here's johnny" scene when Jack Nicholson start hitting the door with the ax, I get choked up and have a good cry.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Oh hell, I've been known to tear up on occasion for the right commercial while I'm watching television regardless of what I'm wearing or drinking

I don't need to be dressed or have a glass of wine in order to cry at some scene inn a movie. I have always been somewhat emotional that way.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I only seen my husband cry a couple of times, but do y'all remember when Marissa died in the O.C.? Lol he cried a little, he will go to the grave denying it though!

It doesn't matter how I'm dressed or where I am. If I even think of a movie tears will start rolling down my cheeks. Like my fav, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, were she sends cat out to fend for himself. If it pops up in my head it will bring me to tears every time. Yes even now.

I cry at movies and some TV shows all the time. and of course if I'm in mixed company I fight it more then If I'm alone of with my wife on the couch. I should add it doesn't matter how I'm dressed.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I do cry at certain moments in films, Brief Encounter in particular. Also I despise any form of cruelty to animals and seeing one hurt or in distress starts the tears rolling. Sometimes a happy ending also does it. This happens dressed or drab.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Yes, I often cry at movies.

As males we are told that boys don't cry so when we feel the need we fight it thus shedding tears feels weird. I have been known to tear up when watching something sad or something joyous but than having to run to the bathroom to fix my raccoon eyes.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I am with the majority here, I cry at really sad and Happy Movies.

I don't cry when I run my stockings though !

I have always teared up at very sad, or happy movie scenes, funerals, and other emotional situations. I don't think that being dressed has anything to do with it, it's just me. I used to try to hold it back (male conditioning) and feel embarrassed about it. I don't hold back now like I used to, and I don't feel guilty about it. I realized that this is just me. I just don't conform to the male stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikky View Post
    Hi Janet
    Dressed or not in recent years I have found myself choking up with similar scenes, or when women on screen cry or get upset. Also can’t stand seeing animals being mistreated on screen – eg poaching, cruelty to pets etc. Has it coincided with my growing interest in CDing – maybe – don’t know.
    Vikky
    I cant stand watching animal cruelty in any form I sometimes wonder if I have more empathy for animals than humans ?

I go to movies and get misty eyed to many of the movies that I have seen over the last year. I have always been this way, but being that "male persona" I would fight it internally and control. Now, after two years of figuring out what I really want, I sit at movies, get emotional during some of them, and explain to my wife that we just have to go see this movie together. Imagine my surprise when I see her looking at me, even though i'm watching the movie for a second time, and she's dry eyed when i'm ready to sob. She actually watched Bohemian Rhapsody with me, and didn't understand why I was so emotional. I saw that movie 4 times alone and a 5th time with her, and I cry each time at the end because Freddie Mercury suffered and searched his entire life for love, and didn't find it till it was too late...spiraling downwards because he couldn't find happiness in his life.

The movie, "The Notebook" is a tear-jerker! Beautifully done movie but it makes me cry just thinking about it!!