Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Movies and Crying

I can cry at a movie or TV show and often do. Dressed or not. I am just a big marshmellow

It is not weird at all/ It depends on the person. The last time I cried was in the summer of 2000. (that is when I lost my wife). I am finding that I am getting more and more emotional when watching "tear Jerkers") and I am watching more Chick Flicks. something that i rarely did except to appease the wife.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

To quote Jude Law in the movie The Holiday--I am a "weeper".

Banned Read only
    Not weird at all, it just means you are human, and not necessarily a "feminine" human.

As my older brother has always cried at movies and he has never shown any interest in anything feminine besides GG's

2 movies in particular did it for me.

An early scene in "The Crying Game".IRA prisoner Jody talking with Fergus saying Jude isn't his type,asks Fergus to come here.He comes over with a gun pointed at his head,takes out his wallet to see a pic of Jody's "wife" ....with the music,so poignant.

The ending of "West Side Story" when Tony dies in Maria's arms.

I generally cry when something nice happens to someone in the movies! I also cried when watching.....ready....."Old Yeller"! This was in male me earlier in life but I cry more now that I am older and mostly over something good that happens! However, when I watched "A star is born" (Streisand version) I felt bad for the car not the guy! It was so obvious to me that he was going to die! But yes, still cry regardless of how I am dressed! Just me! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Omg. I remember that. I loved that show. Still one of my all time faves. Many times that show has made me cry. Lol.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

The o.c.

it doesn't matter if I am dressed or drab I can cry at anytime the last movie I watched was polar express during Christmas .
    Who wouldn't cry during old yeller??
    but I have always cried at sad movies but I think it has to be what is important to me I guess. my wife and I can be watching something and look over and she is tearing up something awful and I am not.
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Avatar: not me (I wish!) racquelr's Avatar
    I tend to cry very easily at sad or very heartwarming moments in movies or tv shows.
    What I don't understand is why anyone would seek out a movie for a "good cry".
    I hate when I cry because then I get all stuffy and usually end up with a headache.

I "cry" a few times a month for a movie or tv show. Mostly just watery eyes, and my wife will be like "really? that made you cry..."

Regardless of mode, "Miss Saigon" will jerk the tears right out of your face!
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

I always tried to suppress my crying... I was teased as a child because I would cry so easily. It wasn't until I came out to my wife that now I let myself cry at a sad movie or something.... it feels good to release any sadness I have. I decided it's not a masc or fem thing... it's me and who I am and it's okay to cry.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I get teary watching allsorts of stuff,im not mentioning them for fear of a ribbing,It doesn't matter what mode I'm in at the time

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Silver Member
    I get teary eyed occasionally. My wife Loves those Hallmark movies. We tease her a little since they are pretty formulaic and a wee bit stereotypical. But I watch the with her so I can see how the heroine is dressed or does her makeup. Taking notes. How bad is THAT!

i cry all the time, big softie....just blubbered this afternoon with my friend watching a dogs way home.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I cry in guy mode all the time. Usually when something nice happens to someone. I find myself often sitting for a minute to get rid of the tears before I walk out....

I’m not sure why but after I came out to my wife about CD’ing I found it very easy to cry.
    Crissy

The sappy, trying to make you cry scenes rarely get me but a strong redemption or great kindness scene will tear me up. I hide it well, even when I'm alone, but this discussion has interested me in letting the tears roll while dressed up.

I don't need to dress and I don't need to drink anything. Ieasily cry at sad and happy movies and TV shows. I am a big softie and it is OK

We were taught as males we should not cry, which is hog wash. A good cry is good for the soul. To be emotional is true and right, male or female.
    I find no difference dressed or not. It is me so it is okay.

Male or female, CDing or not, drink or sober is it possible to watch the likes of Graveyard of the Fireflies or Dancer in the Dark without blubbing??
    It makes me sad that we even think to ask these questions. That as males we are so thoroughly conditioned from infancy to repressing essential aspects of ourselves. It's nothing sort of criminal.
    Last edited by abbiedrake; 01-30-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Sounds normal to me. I seem to break down at almost any emotionally moving performance. Even a great live musical performance will bring me to tears. Sometimes it becomes annoying.

Vale