Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Crossdress??

Banned Read only

Why Do You Crossdress??

Is it you would rather be a woman and wearing women's clothes makes you feel like you are a woman?
    Women's clothes look, fit and feel much nicer than men's and you don't necessarily want to be a woman?
    Do they make you feel sexy; skimpy, soft, colorful panties, bras that project female breasts, hose, short skirts and heels, makeup, walking, moving about and setting as a woman??

Me I would like to be a 20 something pretty, well built woman and I would enjoy all of it.

Why do you crossdress?

I have pretty much given up trying to answer this question. I always end up because I like it.

I crossdress to express my feminine side.

I also find women’s clothes less boring than men’s.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Reality Check
    Because I like to.

Seriously, I doubt that any of us knows why we dress in women's clothes, wear wigs, breast forms and padded bottoms. We can guess of course and we can try to justify it but in the end, we don't know the reason why.
    Krisi

Question 1: No
    Question 2: Absolutely!
    Question 3: Absolutely!
    Question 4: Because I want to, have to, and it’s enjoyments.

Banned Read only
    Why ask why?

The answers are as varied as people and everyone has their own reason some have no reason.

Personally I don't really know "why", and since accepting myself I have long since given up on that question.

That question plagued me for too many years.
    I've given up wondering, worrying and stressing over it. It's just a part of me and always will be.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I do it because i like to feel pretty. I dont think things like pink, lace, dresses, and makeup should be just for girls. Why can't I enjoy it too?

I just feel the need !!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Is it you would rather be a woman and wearing women's clothes makes you feel like you are a woman?
    No, I would not rather be a woman, no, wearing women's clothes does not make me feel that I am a woman

Women's clothes look, fit and feel much nicer than men's and you don't necessarily want to be a woman?
    Ok, maybe (some) women's clothes look nicer than men's clothes you may have a point there, and yes there is a much greater range of fabrics used in women's clothes, so you may have a point there, but remember that this 'feel' that women's clothes have is a double edge sword, as some are made from really quite horrendous material that must be really quite uncomfortable to wear.

As for fit, well, when you bear in mind that they are made for women, well, maybe they don't quite fit as well as some other things. Women's jeans can be very good, but many other women's things, they're not a great fit if you're a big shouldered male shape with a long body and short legs. Men's bodies can be much longer than women's and so tops can come up too short, wiastlines on dresses can sit off kilter, skirt lengths can come out wrong. Due to different body shapes there's a whole heap of potential problems for even an averagely shaped male, but if you're large, tall, bulky and other such things, then fit can be a real problem and I doubt in such cases it woud be the 'go to' reason.

Do they make you feel sexy; skimpy, soft, colorful panties, bras that project female breasts, hose, short skirts and heels, makeup, walking, moving about and setting as a woman??
    No, they don't make me feel sexy, I avoid skimpy, yes, soft can be nice, I have a hoodie which is 'soft touch' and yes that's nicer to wear than a much rougher male hoodie, but the male hoodie certainly fit's better. As for underpants, well they're there to do a job and the basic engineering is different in each case. Bras are a necessary evil, ask just about any woman as you might get that answer. Tights can be a nightmare, they're so prone to being laddered. Short skirts can be a problem when you live somewhere as windy as it is here, heels are well known to cause severe damage to feet and should not be worn, and makeup, well there are many reasons for avoiding makeup.

Me I would like to be a 20 something pretty, well built woman and I would enjoy all of it.
    Oh, to have a dream even if that dream is unattainable... but is that a good thing? Is it better to hope for that which will never happen or to find a place in the world where you can be a happy person, going about as nature intended?

Why do you crossdress?
    I think that I've touched on it there in my last answer, I cross dress, because nature intended that I should

Aspiring Member
    The short answer is, I have no idea why I crossdress. See my profile description

Is it you would rather be a woman and wearing women's clothes makes you feel like you are a woman??
    No

Women's clothes look, fit and feel much nicer than men's and you don't necessarily want to be a woman??
    They feel nicer but do not fit me better or look better on me.

Do they make you feel sexy; skimpy, soft, colorful panties, bras that project female breasts, hose, short skirts and heels, makeup, walking, moving about and setting as a woman???
    Not really

I gave up on trying to figure out why years ago.

Because I can

I can enjoy my feminine side.

I think the simple answer is that clothing is hugely symbolic, both visually and in material, cut, sexiness, practicality, and so on.

A picture is worth a thousand words,and we crossdress to send a thousand word message, to ourselves and others- that we want to experience being in the world culturally associated with the clothing and crossdressing is the obvious door!
    We are all beautiful...!

Banned Read only
    It's really quite simple for MOST members. And NO, I am not talking about the vast majority of Forum participants who comprise just the tiniest perentage of this site. It's also very obvious.

The P&V GALLERY shows why in both the 2 mega threads AND in what one does NOT see there.

I wear SOME items because 1) I like them and 2) I have no need to follow any herd/follow the latest fashion trends/fit in

The simple answer is that I like to! I like how I look and feel when I am presenting as a woman. I like the huge variety of clothes and shoes that are available. I like to wear pretty jewelry. I like how makeup and hair make me look better. I like how I am treated when in public. I like how many women of all ages smile at me.

In other words I LIKE TO!
    Hugs, Carole

I really don't care for these kind of answers, but... I dress because it feels good.
    It does make me feel sexy.
    It does make feel good about my looks.
    I do think women's fashions are way cooler than men's
    And it seems to relax and de-stress me.
    Plus, it tends to turn me on.

Meesh
    I'm not a woman trapped in a man's body.
    "not that there's anything wrong with that"-George Costanza
    I just feel pretty in pink

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Why do you crossdress?
    Apparently for the same reason u do, deebra. But, I'm 75. So, it should be much easier for u to look like a 20 y/o than me!?
    However, I/we have no idea what u look like!

Attachment 300263

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 01-09-2019 at 01:42 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Why ask another vague question with no correct answer?

Banned Read only
    Deebra ,
    After considering most of these points in the time I've been here I've finally come to the point where I dress as Teresa , whatever people see me as .

In reply I would say I prefer not to present in male mode anymore I feel perfectly comfortable and normal and I don't really consider it crossdressing anymore . I would alos like to be twenty and enjoy it but nothing is now stopping me at 67 .

Gold Member
    All these questions, Maybe I should be answering with a # 2 Pencil.
    I dress because I like wearing a skirt or a dress. It relaxes me, it gives me a thrill of
    doing something that society says is a taboo and I am getting away with that.
    I only dress at home, so no pressure on how I look, only what I feel at the time.
    rader

Because I have always felt like I should have been a woman and dressing gives me a sense of balance...…………………….Debra

Banned Read only
    Carhill, Meeshell & Doc we all are on the same page. TraciG why not, I like hearing why others CDs crossdress and their opinions on other posts . We learn and receive support from each other and what many forget when we revisit a topic that has been posted a lot is it is new and helpful to new CD's.
    I just left a store and the SA that asked to help me had blond hair, brown eyes, 5'5", around 30 years old, very pretty face, wearing a T shirt that just couldn't hide full C's or D's and stretch pants that complimented her very nicely. My thoughts were would you like to trade bodies but I knew her answer. That is why I CD, best I can do until the surgeons can offer a lot more.

I just like the freedom of a skirt and women's tops are much more varied and many made of different feeling materials. As already stated some materials are not nice,

Hidey

Because it feels good. Wearing a bra is like getting a hug. The feel of a nylon slip rubbing against my nylon clad legs is great. Not a sexual thing as when I was young. It just is who and what I am, and have been since 1961 when I was 10.