Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why Do You Crossdress??

I attribute my motivation to pure jealousy of the style options that women enjoy. I enjoy both sides of my closet, but there's nothing on the 'boy' side that's as comfortable or as aesthetically pleasing as a pair of leggings with a cute top. Same for dresses and skirts.

I'm a life-long crossdresser and have been doing it since I was four years old, nearly 60 years. I was firstattracted to my sister's crinoline petticoat and one day I slipped it on and it felt heavenly! I had an aunt who lived down the street from me and I spent a lot of time at her house and she wore very pretty Van Raalte and Vanity Fair slips and whenever I got the chance, I put them on and they felt so good on me and made me feel very girly! That's been a pattern that's been set for my whole life, being attracted by feminine underthings, lingerie and clothing, wearing such things and feeling wonderful doing so!

because its who I am. I love the feel of the clothes .the perfumes the makeup the bras and panties I love it all and I know I will never stop so I try to enjoy as much as I can before I meet my maker lol

Because I need to be connected to my feminine side.

I cross dress because I want to.

If I don't feel like it, I have lots of other clothing options available.

I dress, because I can, When I do I feel more like myself.
    Do I want to be a woman, No
    Do I want to look like a woman. No
    Do I want to act like a woman, No.

It is just me, dressing how I feel best.
    In my own twisted mind, that is the way it should be.,
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Aspiring Member
    I don't crossdress, I wear what I like and enjoy.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

Sometimes I feel like a girly girl like I’m ashamed to have a member and sometimes I feel like a mans man proud of my member. Which ever route I go tho it’s 100% in that direction unless the wife has a request.

Wow. Good question.

My answer 15 or so years ago would have been sexual gratification. Being recently divorced then and REALLY bitter about the divorce, It freed me up mentally too. Now, I just like how it makes me feel. I want to do a better job on my own makeup... I have the clothing and shoe selection process down pretty well now. Happy with my choices, and happy with the responses from the people that have recently seen me dressed.

The one thing I would like is my own bigger boobs. Forms are fine. but I would really rather have my own. No surgeries in my future, just something I wish for. No desire to transition or anything like that. I would someday like to find a woman that appreciates my particular crazy! So far, no luck in that department.

Is it you would rather be a woman and wearing women's clothes makes you feel like you are a woman?
    Ans: Yes

Women's clothes look, fit and feel much nicer than men's and you don't necessarily want to be a woman?
    Ans:?

Do they make you feel sexy; skimpy, soft, colorful panties, bras that project female breasts, hose, short skirts and heels, makeup, walking, moving about and setting as a woman??
    Ans: Yes

Why do you crossdress?
    Ans: It allows me to feel and sexually express myself as a woman.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

I have dressed for sexual gratification but mostly just as a release for the inner girl in me.
    Not that I need to be dressed to show the inner girl these days I am now happy to be more feminine in my outgoing persona even when dressed as man. My wife calls me camp but now I don't stress over labels just enjoy being me and that is some girl and some boy.

Why? Because I like seeing a cute pair of shoes when cleaning the house. Then it is nice while driving and glancing down at my nylons and a cute skirt, or dress. Don’t really like being hairy and soft smooth legs, underarms, and etc. feels wonderful. Curling my long hair to look nice is a chore but a joyful one when the results are in. Being in a dress and heels all day feels natural. Guess it should be said I dress for me as any lady would say. Besides it keeps not so nice women away from me, so you could say I prefer it. Thank you for asking.

Simply put. It is who I am.

I am not sure and I am ok with that. I do like pretty colors, soft fabric, sweet smells.

I Just love to be Jill whenever I have the chance to.
    It started out as a sexual release when I was young and over the years has become an extension of who I am . Balance is important but as I have matured Jill has tipped the balance to her favor and I am totally happy with that.
    I can't really put into words how satisfied and complete I feel when I am fully dressed from head to toe and look in the mirror and see a beautiful woman looking back at me and realize that woman is me.
    I gave up trying to figure out the reason I do what I do years ago.
    Jill Mansfield

Agree this is a question that can have so many different answers, none being wrong in my opinion.

I dress for many reasons, mainly sexual. Not because I feel like a woman trapped inside a man's body as some do, which is completely and totally fine. Or because it's relaxing. I do it because it's taboo. It's exciting. It lets me explore my silk, satin and lace panty and lingerie fetish, which I've had for as far back as I can remember. It allows me to take on a different persona, one of a naughty little ... you get my point. It turns me on.

For me my crossdressing started at age 8 0r 9, before there was any understanding of gender or sexuality.

Now I feel there is feminine part of my identity and supporting it seems as important as the rest of me.

I love doing it. I feel beautiful and sexy. As a man I don't feel sexy. I love all the colorful makeup and nail polish. Men don't get to be colorful.

I do enjoy the sexual gratification of it, but I've been trying to extend my time en femme to experience more. Like I had to put my wig into a ponytail to do some chores. Otherwise the hair kept falling into my face and mouth.

I've always felt closer to women than I have with men. I have more female friends than male friends. I feel awkward around men. I'm more comfortable around women.

Nicole

Yes I would rather be a woman But I can't. So I dress to feel good. Yes I wish I was 21 but I'm 50 yrs to late.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I cross dress because every time I go out in the world, that's what society expects with my body type. When I get home and can change into "regular" things, I'm myself.

I get a kick out of transgression so that's a factor. But if clothing privileges were not gendered I'd still wear dresses, skirts etc a good part of the time.
    Sensuality is a massive factor. Nicer fabrics, cuts, patterns. Not sexuality, though like so many there were times when arousal was a part of it. Rather a simple enjoyment of the clothing and its fit. I get the same with my suits but extending my options for indulging my enjoyment of my appearance has been a relevation. In fact I'd go as far as to say that I may have first put on a dress because I was missing dressing as well as a man. I was in a bit of a rut and had let myself go somewhat. But the new experience fired something in me. As a result of my crossdressing I'm also dressing better as a man. Which helps with softening the wife. Better a well-groomed man most of the time seems to help with her toleration of my dress days.
    As far as my expression is concerned my dressing doesn't provide a sole outlet for my feminine attributes. On the contrary I often consider that my dressing is demonstrative of my security in my male identity. Although I've yet to venture out en-femme I don't believe my masculinity is in any way undermined by a female presentation.
    But at the end of the day I enjoy it. And, apart from respect for my wife's boundaries, I see no reason to restrain myself from a harmless pursuit that brings me personal joy.

I asked myself that question for a long time and decided it was just me. Love the way it makes me feel.

I like it all of it. And my wife lets me.
    Angie

Please excuse me if anything is amiss with this post, as this is my first post, here, or any forum like this.
    And besides my wife, who is pretty much DADT, nobody has ever known anything about my life-long feminine side and my secretive underdressing habits and my desires that I have had ever since I was a very young little boy.

But sadly, even my wife doesn’t really fully “know” first-hand, or intimately, about the level of my desire and the level of my secretive occasional full dressing. I think I hide it pretty well. But she is very intelligent and very smart, in both the street smart way and the professional way. So I mean, she MUST really know about it, because we have figured out a way to talk about “it”, without really talking specifically about “it”. And not just once or twice. It’s now been several years, on and off, that it comes up and I try to bring it up carefully. And now thankfully I can even make some little self-deprecating jokes about certain things and how I really love my private time or how I need to ask her for a little advanced heads-up notice, maybe with a text, so she or our kids doesn’t come home unexpectedly to find some big over-weight, 6’-1” drag-queen running frantically amok in their house! But again, we don’t really sit down and talk about, or try to explore my crossdressing. It's out there, she "knows" about it to some degree, but never a conversation to the level I would love to have about it. So, it is pretty much is a DADT topic.

With that being said, I have just finally worked up the nerve today and finally, after a long long time, I joined the forum and wrote this reply! Why? Because yesterday I saw this question posted: Why do you crossdress?

Wow! There is was: a very simple question. But really, it’s the ultimate question! And some of the answers I read inspired me to finally write and yes damn it, I LOVE to crossdress! This was NOT easy for me to do but I am hoping it was the right thing to do.

Because for me, it is a very complex question that I honestly can't answer accurately without possibly contradicting myself. I mean, how does a certain feeling remain true and constant for more than 40 years of a person’s life, and then say it is because of only just one reason or another, or how the reasons may have changed over the many decades? But the end result is that the feelings are still there. Sometimes the desire is stronger than others and sometimes it is deeply repressed. Yes, it’s all very complicated to someone who doesn't understand it, but still, I love to crossdress!! I love how it makes me feel on the inside and out. I love everything about women’s feminine underwear, undergarments, makeup, perfume, hair, and jewelry. But why? Is it an escape from my reality that allows me to temporarily become someone else? That is something I can’t really explain. Just like any other type of love, you know it, but you may not be able to explain it? But I do know that I do not want to become a woman 24/7 (no disrespect at all) and a serious kudos to all the GG's because even just a few hours here and there is HARD! And I know that I’m not gay. And, yes, I know I love my wife! And my family! And I honestly wish she could love this part of me too, but I have to respect her comfort level and her boundary issues too. So in my life I am very fortunate that I have a lot of love, and I know what it feels like.

So I guess I could answer the question simply and say the reason that I crossdress is because it just feels so right, and comfortable, satisfying, fulfilling, sexy, stimulating, erotic, sensual and at the same time, it really just helps me to feel free and natural!

But yet, all of that exists simultaneously, but compartmentalized and separated, because another part of my brain also tells me that comparatively to real women, I know that I look silly, ridiculous, awkward, fake, ugly, and worse, a serious potential source of humiliation, social damage, and utter embarrassment to my loving wife and my family if I ever got caught especially by certain people.

And that is where all the internal conflict comes into play.
    I just wonder if that conflict were not there, what would it be like?
    Wonderful is what I know it would be like…utterly peaceful, natural, whole and simply wonderful.

So I take my moments, when I can, and I dress only to the level that I think I am safe to do so, and I try not to hurt anyone in the process. And I pray and still hope for more acceptance, understanding and involvement from my loving wife, but I also know that it can’t be forced onto another person unless they willingly choose to engage and become more involved.
    So why do I crossdress?
    Because it makes me feel happy and I love it!
    Last edited by Stephanie D; 02-02-2019 at 09:00 AM. Reason: (Grammar)