Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Crossdress??

It relieves the GID. If you wish to know more, it's all in my bio, link in my sig.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Purity of my Nature!

I was born to wear a skirt and that's how I see it!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    Is it you would rather be a woman and wearing women's clothes makes you feel like you are a woman?
    The cloths does not make me feel like a woman, it more in the brain. Would prefer to be a woman to match my brain.
    So I’m more than a cross dresser.

Women's clothes look, fit and feel much nicer than men's and you don't necessarily want to be a woman?
    See above, woman cloths feel 200% better than male clothing.

Do they make you feel sexy; skimpy, soft, colorful panties, bras that project female breasts, hose, short skirts and heels, makeup, walking, moving about and setting as a woman??
    They are cloths and age appropriate for 63 years old. But yes they make you feel good inside.

Me I would like to be a 20 something pretty, well built woman and I would enjoy all of it.
    Growing up as 20 in 1975, times were a lot different. If could be 20 year old female, would do it in a heart beat.
    Why do you crossdress?

I started as a teen and it's just the overwhelming thrill of being dressed as a girl. I love the clothes, the lingerie, makeup and accessories that come with being a pretty, sexy and feminine girl every opportunity that I may have.

Silver Member
    I have to due to the girl that lives in my heart and brain.

To feel like a woman more than I already do.
    To enjoy the freedome of the moment which is usually a long afternoon.
    To think about fantasies that I never imagined before.
    To help me understand why I have done or want to so many incredibly wierd things.
    To understand my long strange journey of socialzation.

I like to dress to express how I feel...some days it is Alexandra some days it is male ...but I always like to dress nicely. It is an avenue to let me completely express who I am without having to consider a gender specific constraint. I am happy in either mode. Cheers.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

I have a compulsion to do it. I think it fills a need to express the feminine ways that I feel. But I don't feel like a woman, which is why I am perfectly fine with a non-binary presentation that mixes clothes from both genders.

hello Deebra,
    I crossdress to be me
    luv J

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    It just feel good to me. I feel more normal.

It is who I am!

I used to Surf D, but carrying a board on my scooter was a little dangerous, yet cool!

Who needs an excuse to glam up?

Stacy!

I wish I knew the precise answer. I joined this forum thinking that someone here would know the secret cause of cross dressing but so far, just a lot of theories, all reasonable , but still unproven. I can’t deny that there has always been a bit of a thrill doing something that might be seen as taboo and of course there was a sexual thrill when I was much younger but for the most part, that has pretty much passed. I guess that ultimately, I simply enjoy the sexy soft and silky feel of women’s clothing from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Because I like to.

Seriously, I doubt that any of us knows why we dress in women's clothes, wear wigs, breast forms and padded bottoms. We can guess of course and we can try to justify it but in the end, we don't know the reason why.
    Yep all of this
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Banned Read only
    One of our members hit on something that stuck with me. Chemicals, like in the brain. Some folks have a chemical imbalance in the brain that makes them do things such as aggression, depression, care free, etc. I think possibily we could have been born with certain brain chemicals same as or similar to women where non CDing men don't have. Our brains tell us what to do. Just another theory among millions. Just keep wearing and buying panties and bras, women clothers love us for it.

Don't go down the chemical imbalance road babe!

I associate with so many scientists which would think twice!

Just have to do it, no choice. I tried for years to suppress it and it did not work.
    Crissy

Because I find mens clothing rather bland and I like how much frillier and elegant dresses can be. I could never really get into the male lifestyles either, I think the closest I can get is that I'm still a pretty strong sports fan... lol. That and I've always adores the vintage styles that I've seen on TV and in pictures while growing up, whether it would be the 50s style poodle skirts and petticoats or the always elegant southern belle dresses. It also led me into crossplay, which I really enjoy dressing up and seeing how good I look once it's all on!

I like the feeling of femininity.

It relaxes me. It feels more like me, than when I'm dressed in guy mode.

Short answer: I love it.

Long answer: it started as a sexual release as I hit puberty. Then in college it started to develop into more. Now it's something I want to do constantly because I love the way a flowy skirt feels and more importantly I love how I look walking in it.

None of the OP’s answers fit me precisely. I crossdress because this is how I’m supposed to look.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    It took me a while to figure out over the years----But it started as a sexual fantasy that turned me on when younger, as an aid to masturbation, and later I saw it as "Taking a vacation AWAY from MYSELF"--As Marina is "Another person" AND a woman which are both far away from the "real me" and she looks good too. Marina, is, in a sense, a "not me", so I can totally relax are release and be free of all the stresses and responsibilities of my "real self" and those simply associated with being "a man" . She does look attractive to me too, so it is even more fun to be in her "company".

-----Psychologically speaking, breaking certain "Taboos" and experiencing some "Traumas" also have an erotic effect on many people.--Myself included. Perhaps I am somewhat "masochistic" to a small degree. I have noticed that the deep brain "Protects" things like one's set "Persona" by erecting psychological barriers against violating boundaries that would change that.----But by violating those boundaries (By becoming Marina) produces its own "Erotic" effect ----which were likely the source of my erotic feelings when I first started this thing.

The early fantasies were a violation of my person limits, which caused an erotic reaction. This in turn, made me cross dress more often and resulted in realizing the even more attractive aspects as in "stress relief" when getting away from myself, so it has become a regular thing.

I see it as sort of "backwards" from many people here. Some of us see our fem selves as "The REAL Me" and others of us, like me, see our fem selves as the "Not Me" . Just goes to show that different mental sets can result in similar activities, like cross-dressing, but for different basic reasons.
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 01-13-2019 at 04:27 PM.

I don't remember and I'm not sure I'd like to.

Decided it was something I wanted to try. Once that decision was made there was and is no going back. Why I decided to try it...???

That question and answer is now lost in the mists of time.