Thread: I have nothing to wear

I have nothing to wear

I'm standing there looking at the little collection of girl clothes since a short time ago I went public. I have an invite to hang out for three days with some girls in the trans group in the big city. OMG I don't have a thing to wear, well cover three days and a party. Going public can be a blessing and curse! The blessing I'm free from the hiding out. The wife and I have a deeper bond than we have had the last twenty years. Not only husband and wife but now sisters too. I have a great respect now when she says " I have nothing to wear " for some event. Or "I need more time to finish my makeup". The curse I never planned to have another full wardrobe or a place to put it for another girl in the house much less part time. Now I'm looking its now cool down there and not even a sweater. No comfortable girl shoes for three days of running around. OMG only two bras that really do something for the boobs and are comfortable enough to wear all day and one the wrong color. Three days and one bra!!! Can you relate???

I think most of us are actually quite unfamiliar with the “not enough bras” feeling lol. Seriously though a lot of us are kinda clothes horses and end up with considerable collections before going out. Just gives you an excuse to go shopping!

Pro tip: a good pair of jeans paired with different tops will give you a couple days worth of looks.

Totally. For reasons I can't understand, I hate being seen by friends wearing the same outfit twice when I’m out dressed. Of course, with the amount of clothing I’ve accumulated over the past year and a half, there’s just no excuse.
    Last edited by Patience; 01-10-2019 at 11:21 AM. Reason: It's a mistery.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Rochal,

Well now you have a new sister one of the logical things to do is take some time out to yourselves and shop for a few things. Micki's suggestion of jeans is a good one, I'd add leggings into the mix.

Other standard go to's: plain black skirt, white long sleeved shirt/blouse, vee necked tee's and pullovers. Even the most mudane items can be lifted with a statement necklace. Crossover dresses can be worn for either day of evening wear.

Underwear, most department stores will do multi packs of knickers and bras. They don't need to be designer, just your size.

Unless you've smaller feet, finding shoes could be your biggest problem. Slingbacks can be the most forgiving if all they have is one size smaller than yours. Those and mules.

When you arrive If you ask the others where's the best places to shop and explain why, I suspect you just might get some willing volunteers to show you around.

Reality Check
    I'm assuming there are women's clothing stores in your area so go on out and buy what you need. As for bras, all you really need is a black one, a nude one and a white one.
    Krisi

I have a large wardrobe full of clothes and it is difficult to make a choice sometimes. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Isn't it strange Rochal? Until you really pay attention, you think that you have everything that you would need. I too am going thru the same scenario - my first coming out party and I will be attending the FemmeFever party in Pa this weekend. Now, I have undergarments, dresses, and of course shoes. I have been in a panic over the last few days, trying to get ready, remembering to pack things and forgetting items constantly, and trying to match outfits. I always tease my wife because for a vacation or a weekend trip, our boys and myself can throw together everything without forgetting anything in 10 minutes, and my wife is one to start packing that morning, so of course we are late. She has the huge suitcase for 2 days, or she just packs a tote for a weekend and forgets so many things.

Banned Read only
    With a wife who is accepting you really should have not problem shopping for women's clothing. Specifically as to the bra issue I know my wife's answer is to invest in beige (skin tone) bras which are easily hidden under most colors. She has multiples of styles in beige that suit her. Time for you to start building a wardrobe.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Rochal, sounds like it's time to visit the thrift stores in your area!

I suggest one warm women's jacket. U can wear it every day and take it off when u go inside!

Jeans: Unless you're going on a hike in the woods, forget them! I've been to countless T events and seen 1000's of T's. When we go out together in public it's not in jeans!

Bras: Unless u plan on wearing different sized forms why do u need more than one bra? R u going to be stripping in front of the girls? Having a "sleepover"? Why would the color even matter if no one sees it?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

As a photographer Bra Color matters. I normally can see a bra under the top and I have a good idea as to its color. Guess I just have very color sensitive eyes. That is partly why I am getting more full length slips in assorted colors. they hide the bra but then I can see the hue changes from the slip. I even see pantie lines that DarkAnGGel doesn't see. Even through jeans.
    So pick the wardrobe that best makes you feel Girlie/Femm
    If the people you are going to see are that picky then maybe it is time to change people.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Banned Read only
    Rochal,
    One question are you staying in a hotel and if so are you sharing a room with your wife or another Cder ?

The reason why I ask this is your underwear doesn't matter if only your wife is going to see it . I have to say it was quite an experience sharing a hotel room with another CDer , at some point you have to accept seeing each other in bra and pants , it did feel odd the first time as even my wife hasn't experienced that . I've become use to it now as I usually have one or two using my home now to get changed .

As for the outer clothes , it depends how formal it will be in the day and also what the weather conditions are , you only need one outfit for the evening , lets face it most GGs will wear the same thing more than once but possibly change the look with different accessories . Women would never comment so ignore CDers who pass comment , I've had that and I find it annoying .

The important thing is check the essentials , it's so easy to overload on clothes and find you've forgotten your forms , I've manged to do that and forget nail polish remover and gone to the pool in male mode with teal coloured nails . It easier when you it all dressed .

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Definitely look into what's called a "capsule wardrobe."

Google it, and also do an image search.

The basic gist of it is owning some key essentials / staples that can be mixed & matched in order to produce tons of "different" outfits & looks.

Usually included is a couple dresses, a few pairs of leggings, a few pairs of pants/jeans, a few skirts, some tops, etc.

Can also dress them up or down, and for all sorts of occasions & weather.

While I don't personally practice that these days in the traditional sense, I can definitely see how & why it's so important.

I know about EllBee's capsule wardrobe. Being in the military and all the moves we had, we had to sort out things to fit in the poundage /car space and having to make do until our unaccompanied luggage arrived and then we had to wait for our Household goods. And in some re-assignment we had to put some stuff in long term storage.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Hi I have truly enjoyed all your comments. Having been a closeted dresser all my life, under dressing and lingerie I'm now having to shift gears from the male perspective wear I could live out of a gem bag for week and now to my surprise finding self saying things like you can't wear that twice. LOL. I'm truly not dismayed at all this has been the most fun of my life in discovering my feminine self. Having a fashion Nazi for a wife is a challenge. But I agree you can't wear a flame rose print sexy bra under a white chiffon blouse. He he!!! So a whole new world of discovery for me. Hugs Rochal

this is a common joke by someone who is staring at a big collection. cooler weather will narrow your choices. a sports bra is a must have.

As non-binary, my look is skirt with t-shirt and hoodie, so I bought a lot of skirts and mix them with my existing male wardrobe. But for my girls night out group, I felt many times like I have nothing to wear. For some things like jewelry I only have one or two things so I don't have much variety month to month. Even things like tops and dresses, I have bought a few more so I had variety in my GNO group outfits. And things like jewelry and such I keep basic and similar (so it doesn't stand out and matches most things).