Thread: "Silent Witness " Good or bad ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Read only

"Silent Witness " Good or bad ?

The two part screening of Silent Witness on BBC TV featured a storyline with a TG theme . I'm sure it can be accessed on line or "I" player

While I realise we do have a media section I wanted to discuss more the content and how it was handled .

The first point I was very pleased to hear was they actually used the TG label in the correct way . Picking up on some of dialogue the forensic expert corrected the police officer by reminding her being trans isn't an illness .

OK there was violence graphically shown , the person carrying out the attacks was revealed to be a distraught wife/patner of a TS . She wanted her man back and when she realised she couldn't turn the clock back the members of the support group all became her victims .

On a minus note I felt the wardrobe department had got the dress code and appearance slightly wrong . To some people plonking any old wig on and slightly OTT clothes sums up all crossdressers .

The ending scenes finished on a good note , as one of the TG suspects was finally cleared and was finally accepted by her partner .

I did wonder this morning how many people might have seen the drama and if anyone would take exception to me , I didn't detect anything while spending a few hours this morning in a busy out of town shopping centre .

On a more personal note it did make me think about my own situation with my wife , she has sent several very abusive Emails and text messages basically on the same lines of the drama , she just wants to turn the clock back and get her husband back .

On the whole I felt the drama was well researched , which is not before time , there was some very useful dialogue , I did get the feeling the writers were finally putting the message over , overall I felt they did more good than harm in their presentation .
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-11-2019 at 05:16 AM.