Thread: "Silent Witness " Good or bad ?

Banned Read only

"Silent Witness " Good or bad ?

The two part screening of Silent Witness on BBC TV featured a storyline with a TG theme . I'm sure it can be accessed on line or "I" player

While I realise we do have a media section I wanted to discuss more the content and how it was handled .

The first point I was very pleased to hear was they actually used the TG label in the correct way . Picking up on some of dialogue the forensic expert corrected the police officer by reminding her being trans isn't an illness .

OK there was violence graphically shown , the person carrying out the attacks was revealed to be a distraught wife/patner of a TS . She wanted her man back and when she realised she couldn't turn the clock back the members of the support group all became her victims .

On a minus note I felt the wardrobe department had got the dress code and appearance slightly wrong . To some people plonking any old wig on and slightly OTT clothes sums up all crossdressers .

The ending scenes finished on a good note , as one of the TG suspects was finally cleared and was finally accepted by her partner .

I did wonder this morning how many people might have seen the drama and if anyone would take exception to me , I didn't detect anything while spending a few hours this morning in a busy out of town shopping centre .

On a more personal note it did make me think about my own situation with my wife , she has sent several very abusive Emails and text messages basically on the same lines of the drama , she just wants to turn the clock back and get her husband back .

On the whole I felt the drama was well researched , which is not before time , there was some very useful dialogue , I did get the feeling the writers were finally putting the message over , overall I felt they did more good than harm in their presentation .
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-11-2019 at 05:16 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Teresa,

My wife and I both enjoy this programme and have done for many years. Neither of us realised what the subject was until the show started.

She is still coming to terms with me revealing my dressing about 18 months ago and this was a hard watch for us both I think.

I did manage to turn to her and say 'at least I don't kill people' at the end of the first half >insert awkward silence here<

I didn't like the link between the trans community and mass slaughter I must admit but did appreciate the way most of the characters were portraid and how they were acted. I read somewhere they were actually trans performers playing the parts which was cool.

The TG suspect who was finally cleared was very close to home (although I don't want to transition) seeing them walk around in public would have been difficult for my wife to watch I'm sure as she knows of some of my adventures and this would have brought them to life somewhat.

We cuddled alot after both parts so if I'm basing the positive/negative effects the show had I believe, like you, more good than harm.

Banned Read only
    Tamsin,
    As You possibly know I've been separated from my wife almost one year , since then have gone full time in my new home town .

I'm wondering if my wife watched it what she thought about me being out in public , she also knows my daughter has been out with me on a couple of occasions now with my granddaughter , once to a garden centre to see the reindeer and the second time to see a pantomime ( I wrote about that in a thread titled , " A wonderful day out ") .

My granddaughter came and sat on my knee and gave me a big cuddle at the end of the panto , that was a very special moment .

Platinum Member
    Teresa, I hope you're keeping copies of any and all emails from your wife, whether they are abusive or not. If ever a time comes when you need them, you'll have them.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Not watched Silent Witness before but will give this episode a go.Way back during my first marriage if anything like this subject matter came on there was a swift change of channel and an uncomfortable silence for a while

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Teresa,

There are a few interesting shows on now and then and as to presentation a lot depends as to where the story makers and production staff are orientated.

If they are familiar with a theme, it is worked out well, otherwise it is supposition all the way.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I;m assuming that you're referring to season 22 ep 1 & 2?
    Looks like this show has been around for a very long time.
    Is this one of those like the American CSI shows?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I thought that the programme was sensitive in the way it dealt with trans issues and was glad that it didn't end up with the trans person being the actual killer (too cliched if it had). I think that any positive exposure only helps the trans community and the way that the unPC police where dealt with was good.

I think that most intelligent people now have some grasp of trans issues but probably the largest part of the community (crossdressers) are still not dealt with in the same way. It still seems that trans = transition when in the majority of cases that is not the case.

Katie x

Banned Read only
    Lexi,
    The show is a current release , it's the first showing on BBC (UK ) TV .

Katie,
    That was the point I picked upon they used " TRANS " as an umbrella term , even when the partner of the offender had transitioned . The other point I noticed was I hardly heard the " Crossdresser " term used .

Like you I did feel relieved that none of the Trans group were the guilty party .

Sophie ,
    Been there and experienced that one , it was the first time I could watch a program /drama comfortably and not feel guilty , ashamed or uncomfortable . I have to say it felt good to be Trans .
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-11-2019 at 05:35 AM.