Thread: Transition milestone: First WPATH letter secured

Transition milestone: First WPATH letter secured

My insurance company requires the WPATH guidelines be followed for transitioning to be approved for coverage. To that end, I have to live full time female for one year, and have to have been on HRT for one year, before being eligible for top or bottom surgery. I am 18 weeks into that requirement and doing fine.

They also require letters from a mental health professional, documenting a diagnosis of gender dysphoria, and a conclusion that full transition is medically appropriate for me, before any top or borrom surgery can be approved. One such letter for top surgery, plus a second letter, from a different doctor, for bottom surgery. Today, the first of those letters has been secured. The doctor was convinced on our first meeting, but for due dilligence we met 5 times before he assured me that he would be glad to write one of my two letters!

I am in the waiting queue for a second, more detailed evaluation, but the doctor I already met with says he expects that to go smoothly as well.

That's great news Ceera. We have to jump all the hoops.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er